• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

I'm also expecting Overcooked in this monthly. It would be the right time.

Also, TableTop Simulator.

lazerfox

Quantum Break is 50% off on steam

I liked Alan Wake when it came out on 360 but I heard this game is more like a movie than a game.

Is this game worth it?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
never heard of that Elex game, sci/fi + fantasy is soemthing you dont see a lot tho, thats cool

Tizoc

Great job with the game recommendations this month, a lot that weren't even on my radar, so thanks a lot!
a41a320fbb2e64c5f6966c6ac0ad31f511d3aff7_hq.gif

Buraindo

Best OP ever.

Nothing I'm especially looking forward to this month, except for the summer sale maybe.
Not that I'm playing much else beyond dota 2 and dark souls 3 these days.

Jawmuncher

I liked Alan Wake when it came out on 360 but I heard this game is more like a movie than a game.

Is this game worth it?

This is one my favorites from last year. If you don't mind linear story based shooters with time mechanics I'd say go for it.

theRizzle

Is this game worth it?

As a huge Alan Wake fan, I am enjoying Quantum Break so far. Now, I've only played the first episode... meaning the game part and the movie part. I think I played about 70-ish minutes of gameplay before watching about 22-ish minutes of movie.

I'm into it.

Madventure

Elex preorders are up

somebody not charging 60€ these days? isn't that amazing?
Sweet! I've had that on my steam wishlist since 2015 they've finally updated the steam page with video etc and a price! Not to mention THQ Nordic is publishing it now

theRizzle

Summer Key cleanout!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (theRizzle, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A Story About My Uncle -- MB-F19B137B0BB07253 - Taken by Abomination. 4 entrants total.
Dustforce DX -- MB-625F87EA5A7A0B44 - Taken by oni-link. 3 entrants total.
Hacknet -- MB-3329A82404CC5510 - Taken by White Wolf. 3 entrants total.
Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! -- MB-4BB9D74C0280C28D - Taken by spindoctor. 3 entrants total.
Jumpjet Rex -- MB-28DE4D660C535DBC - Taken by Arthea. 1 entrants total.
Kentucky Route Zero -- MB-0AE2038441690D04 - Taken by Ladekabel. 17 entrants total.
Neon Drive -- MB-E63A933D7888C6F1 - Taken by InquisitorAles. 18 entrants total.
Out There: O Edition Plus Soundtrack -- MB-7BBE7EC8A8409814 - Taken by Jalal. 6 entrants total.
Steamworld Heist -- MB-A8F4E973D8EB99EF - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
The Sun And Moon -- MB-370F3474D323B53D - Taken by Cels. 4 entrants total.
Volgarr The Viking -- MB-439309FBF85D60CF - Taken by gurm3n. 2 entrants total.
Wasted -- MB-C5FF792B637EA88F - Taken by dot. 5 entrants total.

t1496350381z1.png

FLD

This is one my favorites from last year. If you don't mind linear story based shooters with time mechanics I'd say go for it.

Uh, I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day.
:p

But yeah, Quantum Break is a great Max Payne spiritual successor. The live-action stuff isn't amazing but it's easily ignored. I didn't feel like it added much to the narrative, tbh.

Do we know when/if Tekken 7 is getting workshop support? And how does Valve handle music from other games in the workshop?
I know the PC version doesn't have the jukebox but i need to replace Akuma's stage theme with Killing Moon.

Do we know when/if Tekken 7 is getting workshop support? And how does Valve handle music from other games in the workshop?
I know the PC version doesn't have the jukebox but i need to replace Akuma's stage theme with Killing Moon.

Did they ever discuss Tekken 7 having workshop support? Cause I don't see them ever doing that for this game.

Javier23

Banned
Uh, I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day.
:p

But yeah, Quantum Break is a great Max Payne spiritual successor. The live-action stuff isn't amazing but it's easily ignored. I didn't feel like it added much to the narrative, tbh.
Well, in this case you two are clearly broken even if on the same time :p

Quantum Break is a terrible TPS, nowhere close any of the Max Payne titles, and definitely not 3. It looks really nice tho.

xist

Got a mystery Bundlestars key for a game I apparently already own -

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xist, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-90742BCF96D7F750 - Taken by Camel Master - Taken by Mavromatis. 4 entrants total.

t1496345554z1.png

So, the summer sale is around the corner right?
We just have to pile our card money and get ready.

Here we go.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

War of the Roses: Kingmaker -- MB-722C67C750F9E81C - Taken by Regginator. 1 entrants total.

t1496346296z1.png

FLD

Well, in this case you two are clearly broken even if on the same time :p

Quantum Break is a terrible TPS, nowhere close any of the Max Payne titles, and definitely not 3. It looks really nice tho.

Wait, are you implying that Max Payne 3 was the best one? Because that is just crazy talk.

FLD

It was. By far. Come at me, bruh.

I'd make a joke about posting drunk but this is beyond inebriation. There might be something wrong with your brain!

Max Payne 1 > Max Payne 2 >>>> Quantum Break >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Max Payne 3

Rising Storm 2 is great. Yes, is janky like the previous games, but the firefighting feels great.

Yeah I'm enjoying it too, feels like it could have used a couple more months in the oven but overall it's just as fun as the other Tripwire shooters.

EDIT: Gameplay wise, Max Payne 3 is absolutely the best in the series, story wise, it's probably last.

Javier23

Banned
Yeah I'm enjoying it too, feels like it could have used a couple more months in the oven but overall it's just as fun as the other Tripwire shooters.

EDIT: Gameplay wise, Max Payne 3 is absolutely the best in the series, story wise, it's probably last.
Many people would love to commit me to a mental institution for saying this, but I'd go as far as to say that the writing in Max Payne 3 is leagues ahead of that of the two previous Max Payne games.

FLD

Max Payne 3 is fantastic! The first two are amazing, too!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being hyperbolic and saying it's shit or anything like that. I liked it a lot, just not as much as the first two. Max Payne 1 is one of my most replayed games ever but I played Max Payne 3 one time at launch and haven't felt the need to revisit it since.

Ladekabel

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being hyperbolic and saying it's shit or anything like that. I liked it a lot, just not as much as the first two. Max Payne 1 is one of my most replayed games ever but I played Max Payne 3 one time at launch and haven't felt the need to revisit it since.

Then maybe you should revisit Max Payne 3!

illusionary

Bundle Stars sent a free 'mystery game' to me, but one that I already own...

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (illusionary, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Pressure -- MB-A73084E3FA3E003C - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 1 entrants total.

t1496349374z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ok, I admit, those refunds are a slippery slope :/

JakeD

how do Max Payne 1+2 run on modern machines? i was shocked the other day to realize i didnt own them on steam. i played them back when they were released but will rebuy them this summer sale most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom