• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone do the cells games on their heads

i can't help but resort to photoshop

Rv9PmSx.png
(level solution inside)

the 25-35s have been really enjoyable. i feel like some stuff is not explained super well and all these numbers always make me feel like there might be multiple solutions but when it works it works

I did them in my head but I kept taking screenshots so I could get back to where I was when I inevitably made a dumb mistake. Usually confusing the right and left click function.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
maybe its just wishul thinking but Witcher 3 seems to me like a good candidate for next humble monthly

I don't think any of the previous games have ever shown up in bundles and cdproject are pretty aggressive on sales discounts anyway, so I'd be surprised if they did. I don't imagine they'd be inclined to do a Humble GOG Bundle at any point either, probably preferring to focus on doing their own sales.

Have I ever gotten any GOG keys in a bundle? I don't think I have. Hmm

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel specially in crosscells where it's like the roguelike of cells games it's pretty useful to just do it on photoshop which is kinda lame

i really don't like that it makes you lose the entire level. in hexcells i'd make sure to get through every level with no mistakes but by being able to mess up i'd learn and process while here it's impossible to do so

so yeah lately i've been just doing these levels on photoshop and having a better time that way

also kudos to whoever manages to do it without photoshop or paper

you people have good brains

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I did all of the Hexcells games in my head. I'd print screen my answers whenever I made a mistake though, since I was going for no mistakes.

Also I just finished up TIS-100 right now, and the story is actually pretty neat.

Lain

I started playing CrossCells and did 24 of the puzzles. Not really feeling it too much to be honest.
I love math and numbers but it's not grabbing me like the Hexcells ones did.

Edit: Oh, and the ripples effect sucks. At least it can be disabled.

Mugen08

Would they release each Yakuza game one by one, or all at once?

The entire series is possibly 1000+ hours of game-play (if one explores the maps and do the fun side-quests etc.). Therefore it would be enough for them to launch the series on PC incrementally. They should have started with Yakuza 0 when they had the chance recently, now I'm highly sceptical we'll ever see the series on PC. Although Valkyria Chronicles, Bayonetta and Vanquish are proofs one can keep on dreaming.

Generally you probably shouldn't need to run Steam as admin, I don't think. Are you starting dualshock before or after you start the game?

Yeah, that why I thought sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I always turn on my dualshock before playing a game, usually after my Steam comes up.

Vuze

Is it part of the new card regulation that they now drop almost immediately? Haven't even been playing for 30min and already first card drop. (And that's on a "restricted" account where I refunded and used to not get any cards before the 2h mark)

Mivey

Oh neat, another game about a famous composer. Eternal Sonata was really quite lovely, so I'm looking forward to a game featuring Verdi.
I am surprised that these classical composers had such existing and melodramatic lives. Never you teach you that in school.

Parsnip

Yeah, that why I thought sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I always turn on my dualshock before playing a game, usually after my Steam comes up.
I don't use dualshock, but if I start a game immediately after I start the xbone pad, steam doesn't always have time to detect the pad and uses the regular overlay.

cyba89

Solved 45 levels and CrossCells is the first of these Cells games that I don't enjoy so much.
The game forces you to ignore basic mathematic rules and it's driving me insane.

Pachimari

I realize i need a larger SSD for game installs. Will I get the best for my bucks by choosing a 500gb one, or are they still sold at high prices? And would it be wise of me to look a Samsung one?

MaxiLive

Glad to see the 2 games finally coming out this month which has made work rather busy for the past 2-3 months, still a few weeks to go on one of the projects!

Bring on E3 next weekend as well, I always enjoy E3 week and watching the Gaming side constantly blow up due to x-game not being announced or y-publisher being a ZZzZfest.

I booted up Witcher 3 last night and went through the intro and I'm already very impressed but also slightly confused to what the story is at the moment apart from Yennifer is missing. It seems like it is far more a controller game vs keyboard & mouse, at least for me the mouse movement felt quite juddery and was overly sensitive.

Looking forward to playing more and getting sunk into it over the weekend.

I realize i need a larger SSD for game installs. Will I get the best for my bucks by choosing a 500gb one, or are they still sold at high prices? And would it be wise of me to look a Samsung one?

500Gb one's were somewhat reasonable recently but the prices have gone up in the UK (not sure if that is the same elsewhere). I would suggest the Samsung Evo drives as they do a good enough job as a game storage drive.

Tizoc

Please no. I mean, it's okay to release it, not as part as their port stuff though. Sonic stuff is in the lowest rank in term of priority, save for Sonic 1 and 2 iOS versions.

Can we at least Sonic Colors? The soundtrack in that game is beautiful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEGro4NpgCg

And don't gimme non of that 'Wii and Wii U emulation', you know you want that Bayo 2 and W101 PC release, ese.

You know what we really need though? Dat SEGA Model 2 collection, look at this ish son
http://segaretro.org/Sega_Model_2#List_of_games

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
$150 for a WD Blue and around $280 for a 1TB. Amazon, US.

Pachimari

500Gb one's were somewhat reasonable recently but the prices have gone up in the UK (not sure if that is the same elsewhere). I would suggest the Samsung Evo drives as they do a good enough job as a game storage drive.

$150 for a WD Blue and around $280 for a 1TB. Amazon, US.
Yeah I got a 250gb Samsung Evo from my OS and 3 games. I will look up bigger ones on Amazon UK.

[edit] I see it's £138.45. I think I'll jump on that one. Evo 850 will be good enough, I won't need the 850 Pro?

MaxiLive

Yeah I got a 250gb Samsung Evo from my OS and 3 games. I will look up bigger ones on Amazon UK.

[edit] I see it's £138.45. I think I'll jump on that one. Evo 850 will be good enough, I won't need the 850 Pro?

Yep, the Evo would be perfectly fine for games, you are barely going to see any difference if any at all when loading games using the Pro.

Once you get the drive make sure the firmware is up to date as Samsung have had a few issues in the past which they have patched and make sure to patch it into our of your Sata 6gb ports on the motherboard!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEGro4NpgCg

And don't gimme non of that 'Wii and Wii U emulation', you know you want that Bayo 2 and W101 PC release, ese.

You know what we really need though? Dat SEGA Model 2 collection, look at this ish son
http://segaretro.org/Sega_Model_2#List_of_games

Nah, we can't. :")
Wii U emulation isn't viable yet. But Dolphin ? That thing even runs on GPD Win. :")
Also, unless PG buy the rights for W101, it's never happening. PG depends on publishers, W101 is a first party published title.

Pachimari

Once you get the drive make sure the firmware is up to date as Samsung have had a few issues in the past which they have patched and make sure to patch it into our of your Sata 6gb ports on the motherboard!
I don't understand this. Do I need to connect the 500 SSD into one of the Sata 6gb ports on my motherboard? I'm not even sure how many of those my motherboard got.

I already have a 250gb Samsung Evo SSD installed, so I guess I should look for the latest update for that one too.

ezodagrom

Finally!
Sonic Heroes on Steam!
With both Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces coming out this year, I wouldn't count on any other Sonic games this year.

Here's hoping for another great Sega port this month
There was a 1 month and half gap between Bayonetta and Vanquish releases, plus both of them were first added to Steam's database over a year ago, there's only so many ports they could have worked on at the same time (though I guess there's still the team that handled the port of Sonic Lost World?).

There's the summer sale later this month anyway, so I wouldn't count on anything until at least mid to late July or so.

MaxiLive

I don't understand this. Do I need to connect the 500 SSD into one of the Sata 6gb ports on my motherboard? I'm not even sure how many of those my motherboard got.

I already have a 250gb Samsung Evo SSD installed, so I guess I should look for the latest update for that one too.

Preferably you want to plug your SSDs into Sata 6Gb compatible ports on your motherboard (most modern boards have at least 4 of these) if not your SSD will be bandwidth limit and you'll only get around 50% of its capable performance.

I would run the firmware upgrade if you can but there is a tinyyyyy risk it may wipe your drive just a warning so make sure to back up those saves! I've done the firmware upgrade on 10's of Samsung SSDs at work and all of them have been fine, just a a heads up! Easiest way to to the upgrade is to use Samsung Magician (software designed for the Samsung SSDs).

Tizoc

With both Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces coming out this year, I wouldn't count on any other Sonic games this year.

There was a 1 month and half gap between Bayonetta and Vanquish releases, plus both of them were first added to Steam's database over a year ago, there's only so many ports they could have worked on at the same time (though I guess there's still the team that handled the port of Sonic Lost World?).

There's the summer sale later this month anyway, so I wouldn't count on anything until at least mid to late July or so.

Fair enough, but who do I have to bribe to get enough funding for localizing the Sakura Wars series?

Is that TWD Season 3 promo on Steam for the final episode... spoiler?
Are they (Telltale) serious??

I don't see it... Is it worse than Life is Strange's store page, which straight-up shows some critical moments from the final ep in its screenshots?

It's a bummer when marketing can't hold back from spoiling stuff.

NeoRaider

I don't see it... Is it worse than Life is Strange's store page, which straight-up shows some critical moments from the final ep in its screenshots?

It's a bummer when marketing can't hold back from spoiling stuff.

How big a spoiler?

I still need to play through Episode 2 onwards of this.

I am not sure, that's why i am asking. I played only 1st episode on my iPhone because it was free.
And that poster just popped up for me today when i started Steam.

Ah, I haven't played TWD S3 either, so I couldn't say.

I was planning to get it with the release of Ep 5, but a 25% discount is hella stingy. So now I'm merely thinking about it...

Hektor

I haven't even realized there was a new thread <.<

Anyways, apparently there's gonna be a life is strange prequel by a different dev in addition to the new season http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1383681

Don't really like the idea tho, seems unessecary and since its done by someone else I can't shake off the feeling that the original creators actually don't care

Jawmuncher

I haven't even realized there was a new thread <.<

Anyways, apparently there's gonna be a life is strange prequel by a different dev in addition to the new season http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1383681

Don't really like the idea tho, seems unessecary and since its done by someone else I can't shake off the feeling that the original creators actually don't care

It's not like don't nod/ square didn't mess up the first season themselves with the deadline shit

Ozium

The Humble Monthly is a day and a half away and we still have no idea what the debut game will be or what the humble originall willl be?

expecting a demo, a coupon and a few f2p dlc packs

The Humble Monthly is a day and a half away and we still have no idea what the debut game will be or what the humble originall willl be?

expecting a demo, a coupon and a few f2p dlc packs

I reckon it's time for Axiom Verge at last
please

Is that TWD Season 3 promo on Steam for the final episode... spoiler?
Are they (Telltale) serious??

It's tough to answer this without a spoiler, but
it's only a potential option. She didn't die or turn into a walker in my playthrough but I have read it's a possibility so yeah... kind of a dumb promo pic.

Weakest mainline TWD season for me, Clem felt like the only thing holding it together. I liked it better than Michonne but at least that was short, this season really dragged out at moments. I'd wait for at least a 50% off sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom