• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evrain

kfH7q.jpg

P7flD.jpg

joker-arkham-city.png

Man the Joker in Batman: Origins freaks me out more...son of a gun must die.
They can always rebuild him

Grief.exe

Save files may or may not be compatible. Worst case scenario someone will come up with a hex editor to force compatibility.

I'm looking forward to starting from scratch and earning all the achievements. I will probably get a small GAF group together to get the Rare Weapons achievement.
Hmm, maybe I'll go this route. Add me to your group if there's room. I'm loving the hell out of Dark Souls 2 (nearly to NG+) and can't wait to see what I missed the first time around.

Totally preliminary right now, will announce it when the Steamworks patch goes live.

Need to agree on what weapons people pick up and what Soul Level to stay around.

So i pre-ordered Watch_dogs special edition from uplay, is there anyway i can see my uplay key before release. sorry if someone already ask this question.

Tellaerin

*continues to waffle indecisively over SS4AE* Man, you guys are no help at all. :p

Either you give a motherficker like me control and Serious Sam games disappear overnight, or you have to express some self control and a little forethought before spending money.

You just reminded me. Having recently played well into Serious Sam 3, it's not the horror you've made it out to be. On the other hand, I don't think it's the best thing since sliced bread either. It's a love letter to Doom, composed by a barely-literate person who gave up trying to form words partway through and settled for scrawling a crude picture of a guy with a giant gun running backwards while being chased by monsters in crayon. :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So i pre-ordered Watch_dogs special edition from uplay, is there anyway i can see my uplay key before release. sorry if someone already ask this question.

No, and even if you could it's not as though you'd be able to activate it because the key is already tied to your account. If you bought the game from Uplay hoping to be able to skip ahead a couple of days then you went the worst possible way about it since Uplay doesn't even support pre-loading. ;)

Want to play the game early? Find a physical copy. Want to pre-load? Grab it on Steam. Want to wait? Stick with your Uplay version. :p

Dr Dogg

Guys, does everyone know if Killer is Dead works in a 32 bit OS? The store page lists 64 bit OS as a requirement.

Yeah, I know I should upgrade, but I'll do that whenever I get a new rig, it's not worth it reinstalling everything at this point.

Yeah it should do as the .exe is a 32bit process and Precision's overlay pops up and it's doesn't work with 64bit applications. No idea how that got into the requirements but hey. I can't check because I can't remember the last time I used a 32bit OS and don't have any spare hardware (or want to speak to Microsoft CS to get them to rescind a key) to do a fresh install but if you buy it and it doesn't work because I told you so I'll personally reimburse you.
I find out you're fibbing and I'm buying you Bad Rats!

Tellaerin

isn't ultra street fighter coming out soon

From what I understand, isn't there supposed to be a discounted upgrade path from Super to Ultra when it releases? (And right now Super SS4AE is on sale at GMG for $7.49. I have enough Playfire credit built up to cover it, but since I'm in a hole financially right now, I've debating whether or not I ought to pull the trigger. Cash is tight, but I've always been an SF fan, so...)

Edit: Beaten by Saoirse (again). Wah-wahhhh~

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah it should do as the .exe is a 32bit process and Precision's overlay pops up and it's doesn't work with 64bit applications. No idea how that got into the requirements but hey. I can't check because I can't remember the last time I used a 32bit OS and don't have any spare hardware (or want to speak to Microsoft CS to get them to rescind a key) to do a fresh install but if you buy it and it doesn't work because I told you so I'll personally reimburse you.
I find out you're fibbing and I'm buying you Bad Rats!
Haha, your spoiler made me laugh. I promise I won't lie, I don't want to own Bad Rats!

I think I'll buy it once it's cheaper. As you said, it'll probably work, but since that is still part of the requirements, I'd rather not risk it on the off chance that they are actually true and it doesn't run on my PC. It's a shame, because I'm willing to spend $20 on a Suda51 game on Steam.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
*continues to waffle indecisively over SS4AE* Man, you guys are no help at all. :p

You just reminded me. Having recently played well into Serious Sam 3, it's not the horror you've made it out to be. On the other hand, I don't think it's the best thing since sliced bread either. It's a love letter to Doom, composed by a barely-literate person who gave up trying to form words partway through and settled for scrawling a crude picture of a guy with a giant gun running backwards while being chased by monsters in crayon. :p

Its main crime, besides being ugly, is that it's just so horribly boring. The fact that it gets a pass because "it's old school," just makes it worse. The series is basically a love letter to Doom that ends with a "pls respond."

Anteater

Yeah, but owners of SS4:AE will receive a loyalty discount ($15 versus $30).

From what I understand, isn't there supposed to be a discounted upgrade path from Super to Ultra when it releases? (And right now Super SS4AE is on sale at GMG for $7.49. I have enough Playfire credit built up to cover it, but since I'm in a hole financially right now, I've debating whether or not I ought to pull the trigger. Cash is tight, but I've always been an SF fan, so...)

Edit: Beaten by Saoirse (again). Wah-wahhhh~{/i]

hmm that's tough, because you're going to be paying $15 for ultra and $7.49 on gmg with your credits, I guess it depends on if you're really eager to play ultra right away :0

Dr Dogg

Haha, your spoiler made me laugh. I promise I won't lie, I don't want to own Bad Rats!

I think I'll buy it once it's cheaper. As you said, it'll probably work, but since that is still part of the requirements, I'd rather not risk it on the off chance that they are actually true and it doesn't run on my PC. It's a shame, because I'm willing to spend $20 on a Suda51 game on Steam.

I picked it up off a trader for 6 TF2 keys which is about half price for me but Deep Silver like their sales so you never know it might be cheap for you sometime soon. In it's default, non .ini edited state it's very light to run so even older systems shouldn't have too many problems. There have been a few little bugs here and there but seems that not all the preload files were there and I haven't uncounted any issues since I repaired and verified the install and I'm a third of the way done. Game looks soooooo much better now the image is cleaned up and is not tearing left, right and centre. Downsampled and masses of AA on top and it's positively stunning.

Tellaerin

Its main crime, besides being ugly, is that it's just so horribly boring. The fact that it gets a pass because "it's old school," just makes it worse. The series is basically a love letter to Doom that ends with a "pls respond."

I understand what you mean about it getting dull. I still intend to power through to the end (from what I've read, it looks like I've got about a level and a half to go), but I needed to take a break from it because the monotony was starting to wear on me. The entire game seems designed around backpedaling while shooting. That's it. There aren't enough significant differences in enemy patterns/behavior and environment design to really make you feel like you're doing something different from one encounter to the next.

I will say that the engine in SS3 seems pretty solid, and the guns feel gratifyingly meaty, particularly the double-barreled shotgun. I'd like to see what someone else could do with the tech.

JaseC

I will say that the engine in SS3 seems pretty solid, and the guns feel gratifyingly meaty, particularly the double-barreled shotgun. I'd like to see what someone else could do with the tech.

While Croteam has scheduled Serious Sam 4 for Q4 this year (big surprise), it's also planning on releasing a new IP that is supposedly comparable to Portal. Unlike Sam 4 there's no release window other than "2014" so there's a good chance it'll slip into 2015 as I imagine Sam 4 is the top priority.

Dr Dogg

While Croteam has scheduled Serious Sam 4 for Q4 this year (big surprise), it's also planning on releasing a new IP that is supposedly comparable to Portal. Unlike Sam 4 there's no release window other than "2014" so there's a good chance it'll slip into 2015 as I imagine Sam 4 is the priority.

Sooooo Determined Dan then?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
While Croteam has scheduled Serious Sam 4 for Q4 this year (big surprise), it's also planning on releasing a new IP that is supposedly comparable to Portal. Unlike Sam 4 there's no release window other than "2014" so there's a good chance it'll slip into 2015 as I imagine Sam 4 is the top priority.
To be announced at E3: From the makers of Serious Same comes BoreAll.

Grief.exe

Call me skeptical, but I am going to play the wait and see approach with Watch_Dogs. The price and the Uplay integration don't make the proposition any better.

Replaying Sleeping Dogs sounds more appealing anyways.

56A2B1431EA2E0D5DD95CB3701DFB4B1F40E5AB8

Jesb

This is off topic but I'm not sure where else to put it. Does anyone know how cloud saving works on origin, or if their cloud saving works the way it should? I recently installed a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 and I assumed games that supported the cloud on origin would have my saves like steam does. But nfs hp is loading a new save not the cloud save, and I see no where in app to load a cloud save.

Copons

Reading the last couple of pages I realised I have been cruising with 399 games for several days and thank god no one gives a shit about going to my Steam profile checking if I need a Bad Rats. Oh well, I rush-bought the Humble Weekly PWYW tier so I should be safe for at least another 96 games yay

Tellaerin

Now I'm imagining someone backpedaling through portals while being chased by screaming Companion Cubes that explode if they touch you. >.>

Did serious sam hurt your mother or something? Why are you so determined to bash it all the time?

Serious Hate is Morningbus' jam, like JaseC's love of Saoirse.
Assuming "JaseC" isn't actually Saoirse's handle on messageboards, which is entirely possible. >.>
Just roll with it, man. : )

hmm that's tough, because you're going to be paying $15 for ultra and $7.49 on gmg with your credits, I guess it depends on if you're really eager to play ultra right away :0

Yeah, I'm dithering over it. Don't want to end up kicking myself later if something else I want unexpectedly drops and my wallet's empty, but 75% off is tempting, especially with the prospect of that upgrade discount down the line.

Reading the last couple of pages I realised I have been cruising with 399 games for several days and thank god no one gives a shit about going to my Steam profile checking if I need a Bad Rats. Oh well, I rush-bought the Humble Weekly PWYW tier so I should be safe for at least another 96 games yay

Congrats on breaking 400, man! :D

JaseC

The Summer Sale is only about 8 weeks away so you won't be safe for long. ;) I hope Barbie goes on sale some time soon as otherwise I'll have to stuff everything into my inventory until the final hours of the sale just in case it's a featured deal... though I suppose if its general sale discount is north of 50% I can bite the bullet as soon as I hit 2,999.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

tN5Rllm.png

Tehalemi

Got the Witcher series last night after noticing the deal they had on them. After the high regards I keep hearing about this series, I may put this in the forefront of my backlog. I have no idea what I'm getting into though, lol. :p

I understand what you mean about it getting dull. I still intend to power through to the end (from what I've read, it looks like I've got about a level and a half to go), but I needed to take a break from it because the monotony was starting to wear on me.

That last level is the longest in the game by far.
You kill something like 20,000 monsters.
It's pretty awful.

I will say that I enjoyed the earlier Serious Sam games. They actually take advantage of aspects such as claustrophobic level-design and mix things up to create some thrilling scenarios.

However once you get a huge arsenal of weapons and wide open areas it's just hacking away at giant crowds for hours. It's amusing in multiplayer but you don't really know if you're going anywhere.

Aaron D.

So I basically just got FIFA 13 for -$1 from Amazon.

Game is on sale for $4.99 and Amazon gave me $5 game-store credit + $1 mp3 store credit with the transaction.

Works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom