• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've been playing the crap out of Transistor over the last couple of days, and I have 6 hours in it now. The game is great, but the challenge is really cranked up in the NG+.

I'm at a point now where if I lose one of my 4 abilities, I'm toast. I'm almost level 20, and the bad guys are really just kicking my butt most of the time.

While I enjoy the challenge, the game's difficulty seems to just crank up higher and higher as you go along, even without using the limiters.

I'm afraid that after another few hours, the game is going to lose all of it's fun, which is a shame.

Copons

Everybody has their tipping point! I was like you myself until the closing days of the 2012 Summer Sale.

As long as the economic crisis keeps rocking I should be in safe waters. :D

But if I'll land a decent job, tho... OMG I don't even want to think about it

Majukun

Dust 75% off is the daily

just finished the game 2 days ago.

really good game..the action part is a bit shallow but is enough to keep you entertained..good level design,secrets,and it's also pretty long for his genre..I 100% it in around 14 hours

Dr Dogg

Hang on, isn't 1 PLEX $20 anyway? Seems like a shady way to get someone to signup to a recurring EVE sub to me.

As long as the economic crisis keeps rocking I should be in safe waters. :D

But if I'll land a decent job, tho... OMG I don't even want to think about it

I'm sure the GDP of Italy is through the roof right now as due to one of the barmy things we do at work we have spent a small fortune on Panini World Cup stickers.

Copons

I'm sure the GDP of Italy is through the roof right now as due to one of the barmy things we do at work we have spent a small fortune on Panini World Cup stickers.

WOAH
I didn't know it was a thing outside Italy!

I don't give a damn about football nowadays, but oooooh when I was a kid... I guess without Panini stickers now I'd have a Steam library that would put JaseC's one to shame, or like I'd be one of the major shareholders of Apple or something.

goty

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Soulbringer- -- MB-200E1F01A46EE0D7 - Taken by zeroOman

Milamber

What are the upcoming games for June to look out for?

May was just such a heavy hitter in terms of game releases.

Hmm... Here's my "titles to keep an eye on"...

Week 1:
Murdered: Soul Suspect
WildStar
Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION
Lifeless Planet
Z

Week 2:
NOTHING!

Week 3:
Divinity: Original Sin

Week 4:
Sniper Elite III

WOAH
I didn't know it was a thing outside Italy!

I don't give a damn about football nowadays, but oooooh when I was a kid... I guess without Panini stickers now I'd have a Steam library that would put JaseC's one to shame, or like I'd be one of the major shareholders of Apple or something.

It's pretty big here in Brazil too.

Authority

Banned
Call me skeptical, but I am going to play the wait and see approach with Watch_Dogs. The price and the Uplay integration don't make the proposition any better.

Replaying Sleeping Dogs sounds more appealing anyways.

56A2B1431EA2E0D5DD95CB3701DFB4B1F40E5AB8

Fantastic picture!

I know I will not like Watch_Dogs at all and will probably uninstall but I will give it a go.

Oh_how_I_hate_sequel_experimentation_with_different_lead_characters_

That is why I was never a "Final Fantasy fan". Only like FFX-9-7 and crisis core.

Of course Watch_Dogs is not a sequel but I really would have preferred a sequel to Sleeping Dogs and the third one connecting it with Watch_Dogs. I find it extremely hard to detach myself from what I have played and re-invest into something new right away.

No, and even if you could it's not as though you'd be able to activate it because the key is already tied to your account. If you bought the game from Uplay hoping to be able to skip ahead a couple of days then you went the worst possible way about it since Uplay doesn't even support pre-loading. ;)

Want to play the game early? Find a physical copy. Want to pre-load? Grab it on Steam. Want to wait? Stick with your Uplay version. :p

aVO2GZM_460sa_v1.gif

Tenrius

Just got this email:

Dear Steam User,

This is an automated message generated by Steam account administration. It is being sent in response to a query made by a Steam user to discover all account names associated with this CD-key.

Steam account name: tenrius

You can use the above account name to log in to Steam. If you can't remember your password, click on the "Retrieve lost account" button on the Steam login screen.

The Steam Support Team

What does it mean? Am I already dead?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I finally managed to fix my little GFWL problem. And by "little" I mean that any game that used it crashed to desktop as soon as I launched it. Turns out I had to log in on the Xbox Live site and accept the new terms and conditions; otherwise GFWL would refuse to log in and bring down the game with it.

So yeah, thank you Microsoft, thank you for not letting me know I had to do this, for not putting a button as soon as GFWL launches that says "Click here to accept the new terms and conditions so you can continue playing this DRM-infested game." and instead forcing me to search through some random forums for the solution. I really appreciate that. Looks like you worked extremely hard to make the very worst piece of DRM that mankind ever saw, and the only thing you lacked was a hardware-damaging feature a la Starforce (I'm not blaming you; you probably were short on time and already overbudget, so you couldn't add it).

Of course, I already uninstalled Dark Souls and erased my save games, so I'll have to start it from scratch once again. But at least I can play it now. Not thanks to you, Microsoft.

Nabs

I finally managed to fix my little GFWL problem. And by "little" I mean that any game that used it crashed to desktop as soon as I launched it. Turns out I had to log in on the Xbox Live site and accept the new terms and conditions; otherwise GFWL would refuse to log in and bring down the game with it.

So yeah, thank you Microsoft, thank you for not letting me know I had to do this, for not putting a button as soon as GFWL launches that says "Click here to accept the new terms and conditions so you can continue playing this DRM-infested game." and instead forcing me to search through some random forums for the solution. I really appreciate that. Looks like you worked extremely hard to make the very worst piece of DRM that mankind ever saw, and the only thing you lacked was a hardware-damaging feature a la Starforce (I'm not blaming you; you probably were short on time and already overbudget, so you couldn't add it).

Of course, I already uninstalled Dark Souls and erased my save games, so I'll have to start it from scratch once again. But at least I can play it now. Not thanks to you, Microsoft.

The updated TOS catches another. Such bullshit.

BruteUA

Call me skeptical, but I am going to play the wait and see approach with Watch_Dogs. The price and the Uplay integration don't make the proposition any better.

I guess this guy gets a pass, but for some reason I can't help but beat the crap out of NPCs in open-world games peeing on buildings and such. I'd roll up to my apartment in Sleeping Dogs, a guy would be there peeing on the wall, he'd walk up and say hi and I'd knock him the f out. I gotta have some morals, as twisted as they may be.

Authority

Banned
PC lOTl Never give a fuck about downgration since day 1.

And spoooooot the similarity,

dwZqA4Y.jpg

They both have black boarders for better cinematic experience!

WD doesn't even look that much better than Watch Dogs on PC and the highest settings. At least from the screenshots that have been posted. Maybe it's better in motion.

PC lOTl Never give a fuck about downgration since day 1.

And spoooooot the similarity,

dwZqA4Y.jpg

They both have black boarders for better cinematic experience!

And here I thought you mean the corridor level design!

Grief.exe

Hmm... Here's my "titles to keep an eye on"...

Week 1:
Murdered: Soul Suspect
WildStar
Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION
Lifeless Planet
Z

Week 2:
NOTHING!

Week 3:
Divinity: Original Sin

Week 4:
Sniper Elite III

Murdered Soul Suspect on the 3rd and Divinity Original Sin on the 20th.

So far, stuff that looks interesting that I know of:

No known release date as far as I know: Darkwood, Gods Will be Watching
June 3rd: Murdered: Soul Suspect
June 20th: Residue
June 26th: Unrest

Grid Autosport comes out on June 27th, Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION is also exciting.

Divinity could be very good, I am saving myself for Wasteland 2 in August though.

Keep your eye on early access games H1Z1 and The Forest (essentially comes out in June).

Tizoc

Come on you 200 cheap shmucks, go buy Killer is Dead! The fix for 60 FPS and bigger resolutions only takes 5 minutes or less!
http://a.pomf.se/vfhoix.webm

Grid Autosport comes out on June 27th, Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION is also exciting.

Autosport is Arcade+Simulation, I want to get it but I'm worried it has more Simulation, I just want to play a racing game where I drive at crazy ass speeds bursting through the race tracks.
I've gotten a few based on recommendations from GAF which I am thankful for =)

Maybe I should get Mad Racers next time it goes on sale; does it run at 60 FPS on PC?

Li Kao

Nope. DDE owners should be eligible for a small discount considering it includes all but one of the fluff pieces.

Happy day of birth!

Err, so which version should I buy if I want to have the maximum stuff ? Yeah sorry it seems simple with the link but for one my brain freezes when I try to make sense of all the shit listed (I still want the shit) and when you have to ask something ubisoft, region, price related, you ask Jase ;-)

Aerocrane

Autosport is Arcade+Simulation, I want to get it but I'm worried it has more Simulation, I just want to play a racing game where I drive at crazy ass speeds bursting through the race tracks.
I've gotten a few based on recommendations from GAF which I am thankful for =)

Maybe I should get Mad Racers next time it goes on sale; does it run at 60 FPS on PC?

Have you played Race Driver: Grid? I wouldn't call it exactly a simulation, with all driving aids on and using the flashback system it was pretty easy and fun game to play like an arcade racer. I think Autosport is going to feature toggleable driving aids, so it is pretty much an arcade racer with the option for more finesse with a steering wheel controller. I don't think Codemasters would want to alienate the arcade racer crowd, even though theres a vocal part of the fanbase of the series calling for more realism.

Thorgal

You know . call me crazy but i really wish more games came to Steam from the FMV - time period Phantasmagoria 1 and 2 . Black dahlia and Don't fear the reaper .

Yes i understand and know most of those games had horrible acting in it and told you fuck all about what you are supposed to do but i would really like to play those games .

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
You know . call me crazy but i really wish more games came to Steam from the FMV - time period Phantasmagoria 1 and 2 . Black dahlia and Don't fear the reaper .

Yes i understand and know most of those games had horrible acting in it and told you fuck all about what you are supposed to do but i would really like to play those games .

You and I both. I have a weak-spot for amusing B-FMV games. But hey, it looks like we're getting Night Trap soon.

Tizoc

Get Tesla Effect if you haven't yet.

Joe Molotov

Gabriel Knight 2 was the best. I wouldn't mind rebuying that if it came out on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom