• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

I only recently found out what Killer Is Dead actually is when the PC release was announced.

I remember when it originally came out, the politically correct obsessed media covered the dating gameply. I read a couple articles and watched some videos, most notably on RPS and Giant Bomb, I then assumed that the game a Japanese dating simulator.

I would imagine the dating portion only encompasses a very small portion of the actual game. Gaming journalism is in a horrible place.
It does, and it's optional. Though from what I remember of the PS3 version that I played(Not had chance to give the PC ver much of a shot yet), you do get some weapons from doing it.

Caerith

Go!Go! Nippon has adult content?

Also I thought Loren The Amazon Princess was censored on Steam.

G!G!N is a game where you play a naive young man who is tricked into staying with-- and utterly relying upon-- two young women in their home on a remote island. I haven't played it yet but it probably ends in ritualistic murder-sex.
Or it's just a tourism simulator with a scene where you walk in on one of the girls in a state of undress.

As for Loren, unless something changed, the Steam version doesn't have the adult content toggle and the game defaults into "safe" mode. I think you can get around it by playing the demo first, toggling adult mode, then loading your save in the Steam version.

Zafir

Everyone wants a piece of that action, be it gender roles, racial minorities or homosexuality. It makes it rain with money.
Well, it is an issue, and the more people who write about it the better. The problem is sometimes it's blown way out of proportion due to misinterpretation and false facts.

Authority

Banned
A First Person perspective is as close to the human experience as you can get in a video game, and as such it provides the most immersion. Maybe you simply don’t enjoy life as a human?

Wish we had posts of the year.

From what I've seen of spoliers, panty shot and drying off after shower shot.

Maybe they assume this can attract some attention.
2014-05-25_01-20-46_zpsdc135509.png

Relax.MX

This thread is my home in Gaf, So sorry for the offtopic:

My computer is sick right now.and I am currently with economic problems so buy another PC is impossible. I need my PC to search for work and for all.

The thing is that the computer restarts after 5 - 10 min of be on. The temperature is within normal standards, another thing is that I restore the computer to a state before all this happened so I do not think it's virus. What I think is may be the hard drive. But I dont have another to test it.

Help?

Caerith

This thread is my home in Gaf, So sorry for the offtopic:

My computer is sick right now.and I am currently with economic problems so buy another PC is impossible. I need my PC to search for work and for all.

The thing is that the computer restarts after 5 - 10 min of be on. The temperature is within normal standards, another thing is that I restore the computer to a state before all this happened so I do not think it's virus. What I think is may be the hard drive. But I dont have another to test it.

Help?
I had a similar issue that was fixed by updating my SSD's firmware.

Playing Risk of Rain with the Glass artifact is so fun, you and your drones deal 500% more damage but at the cost of having 10% hp, enemies shooting missiles are the bane of my existence.

Go!Go! Nippon has adult content?

Also I thought Loren The Amazon Princess was censored on Steam.

Go! Go! Nippon has two scenes were you find the girls getting out of the bath and Loren The Amazon Princess is pretty easy to change it to the uncensored version.

Authority

Banned
So you have been bullied?

Good for you.

Stand Up Against Bullying With Sumoboy
sumoboy_thumb.jpg

There’s an indie Kickstarter game joining the Anti-bullying movement, and called Sumoboy,set in the backdrop of a Japanese world.

The titular Sumo boy is Oji, a chubby orphan in the Tohoku Home for Children. Bullied all the time, he discovers that he has an amazing heritage. His mother is Kesa, Princess of the Elements, and his father the greatest sumo wrestler ever, Otokoyama. His task now: to bring balance back to the world of elements and stop the evil Kurai Kama from overtaking the spirit world of Seishin
ef05ccdf3e07b60a43e053891533afcf_large_thumb.jpg

Doing so is a case of love or hate. As Oji travels along trying to restore balance, he’ll utilize sumo moves to take down foes or solve puzzles. He also has access to the Blade of Balance, Hitoshii, a mystical sword which embodies both love and hate. Players can either wield it to vanquish foes, or suck out the fear and anger (that presumably leads to hate and suffering…) within to heal the wounds of troubled souls.
5770b4540c23c80e2505e6ff1f95d171_large_thumb.jpg

These monsters draw from the Japanese myth and folklore, with sky dragons and nymphs and more. Oji will travel through five different realms to heal them and restore the elements to balance. Taking a page from Bastion, the game is looking to feature voice narration. In tanka. Tanka is kinda like haiku, but uses a 5-7-5-7-7 style.

The art is a mix of 2D and 3D, and its pastel, painted style looks absolutely breathtaking. Oji himself looks a little like the Boy scout from the movie Up!. More importantly, however, is its underlying message about having the courage and inner strength to stand up and vanquish fears and stop bullying. We won’t wade into the debate about that here, but the way Sumoboy is tackling the problems and fears seem amazing.

Later stretch goals will add console support, with the game coming out on PC, Mac, Linux and mobile first. You can back Sumoboy here. Most of the team for the game has been drawn from various studios’ talents, who’ve worked on all sorts of titles from Halo to FallOut.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/23/stand-bullying-sumoboy/#9OwFim3SFV54uFYt.99

C4rter

The ending got me thinking; Why the fuck does almost all AAA games these days have crappy endings?

That's a good question. I would say, because they try to please everyone, so they don't want to make questionable endings. And they always need the opportunity for a sequel. That is also a huge show stopper to an ending.
But all of that is no excuse for a shitty ending.

rtcn63

Shitty endings are par for the course in many forms of media. Endings are difficult to write, particularly with time constraints, content restrictions, a dwindling supply of psychedelics. Sometimes it's close enough to just have a good beginning and middle.

Volimar

Shitty endings are par for the course in many forms of media. Endings are difficult to write, particularly with time constraints, content restrictions, a dwindling supply of psychedelics. Sometimes it's close enough to just write a good beginning and middle.

Not to mention the pressure to provide a solid ending while leaving room for a sequel if the title does well...

aku:jiki

Playing Risk of Rain with the Glass artifact is so fun, you and your drones deal 500% more damage but at the cost of having 10% hp, enemies shooting missiles are the bane of my existence.
Meh. I felt like Glass was a very hollow challenge. Get one Infusion or a few Roots and it's easy mode. Don't even need to rely on Command since Root and Infusion are pretty common.

Activate all of the artifacts and use Mercenary if you want a challenge! Goddamn the one that randomly locks your skills sucks.

louiedog

It looks like GameStop has some LEGO game price mistakes.

link

On a few games the regular price of $4.99 (obviously incorrect) is crossed out with a sale price of $3.49.

Marvel Super Heroes
Harry Potter Years 1-4
Harry Potter Years 5-7
Batman
Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

LOTR is the regular sale price of $4.99.

Batman: Arkham Origins is in a similar place with $7.49 crossed out and a price of $5.24.

Arkham Asylum GOTY - $3.49
Arkham City GOTY - $3.49

Crub

It looks like GameStop has some LEGO game price mistakes.

link

On a few games the regular price of $4.99 (obviously incorrect) is crossed out with a sale price of $3.49.

Marvel Super Heroes
Harry Potter Years 1-4
Harry Potter Years 5-7
Batman
Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

Anyone willing to purchase Marvel Super Heroes for me? I'll pay in advance on PayPal!

Dr Dogg

I only recently found out what Killer Is Dead actually is when the PC release was announced.

I remember when it originally came out, the politically correct obsessed media covered the dating gameply. I read a couple articles and watched some videos, most notably on RPS and Giant Bomb, I then assumed that the game a Japanese dating simulator.

I would imagine the dating portion only encompasses a very small portion of the actual game. Gaming journalism is in a horrible place.

In all fairness how the marketing and the game itself was communicated to players and the press a like was really bad. Though that doesn't excuse some of the articles that some outlets ran but even more so some of the tweets that surfaced from people in the media with no more experience of the game than a preview trailer and a few choice bits from a Japanese webseries for the game.

The segments make up a tiny portion of the game (there's 4 in all) and are sort of a pervy peak-a-book game where the reward for not getting caught staring is a new sub weapon. You can replay them for a "bonus" cutscene. Personally they don't speak to me in the way sections of the media were portraying them but I do find them a tad corny and not really my cup of tea in what I want out if a game.

Thankfully there is an awful lot going on and it's probably the most mechanically sound Grasshopper Manufacture game and replaying it now can really see the merits of how the narrative unfolds. Plus it looks delightful now the tearing isn't an issue and being able to clean up the image. The art direction is very unique and for such a short game has an awful lot of variation. Just check out the last 4 pages of the OT for gazillions of pics showing it off.

Meh. I felt like Glass was a very hollow challenge. Get one Infusion or a few Roots and it's easy mode. Don't even need to rely on Command since Root and Infusion are pretty common.

Activate all of the artifacts and use Mercenary if you want a challenge! Goddamn the one that randomly locks your skills sucks.

I'm still missing some artifacts and you're right, getting an Infusion early breaks the challenge.

Copons

I'm now thinking, if I could make my Dual Shock 3 controller work with my PC instead. Is it the same process as DS4?

I've been using my Sixaxis (wired) on 2 computers, one with Win 7 and one with 8.1, with almost zero issues at all through ScpServer.
IIRC it was you who asked help to configure it for DS4 some days ago: AFAIK the process is exactly the same for Sixaxis/DS3.

(I said "almost" no issues because on the first computer I used to use MotionInJoy, and probably I did something when I uninstalled it, and ScpServer sometimes didn't recognize the controller until I uninstalled and reinstalled Scp - a matter of less than a minute, but still pretty annoying)

WeaselJCD

Neo Member
Hi fellow steam-gaffers!
First off let me introduce myself: I am a student and am currently making my bachelor in science and engineering and long time gaf-lurker and his is my steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/WeaselJCD/ (plz add me if you like). I've been a fan of video games my entire life, which brought me to the course of study I currently pursue. During my thesis about independent game publishing I came across the the fact that it was possible for 3d artist to design their own items and publish them through the steam workshop (I had no Idea that was possible until recent) and given that I had some 3d modeling during my bachelor I tried to give it a shot. It would be a dream come true to see a item that I made in a video game. I wanted to make a new thread to post about it to get some people to have a look and give me some insight on their dota playing habits and feedback on the item, but it seems I don't have the permissions I need to.
Sooooo because this is the thread I lurke in the most time I decided to ask here what I need to make a official feedback thread for my item (maybe I must be a member and not a junior? if so how do I become a fully fledged member?)
this is the item:
the "Harvester Of Sorrow"
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=263172037
If you play dota and like it maybe you can rate it up or if you have some experience with workshop publishing you can give me some infos or links (=
thx & I love you steamGAF!

Caerith

Shitty endings are par for the course in many forms of media. Endings are difficult to write, particularly with time constraints, content restrictions, a dwindling supply of psychedelics. Sometimes it's close enough to just have a good beginning and middle.
Which is sad, because endings are the most important part of a story in any medium. People might endure a weak middle if the beginning is promising, but the ending has to deliver. People might get through a weak beginning if there's promising word of mouth about what's to come. People won't touch a sequel to something that ends poorly, and the only word of mouth is "oh, you're that far? quit now."

(I said "almost" no issues because on the first computer I used to use MotionInJoy, and probably I did something when I uninstalled it, and ScpServer sometimes didn't recognize the controller until I uninstalled and reinstalled Scp - a matter of less than a minute, but still pretty annoying)
MotionInJoy: Curable Herpes™

louiedog

I'm leaning more toward Batman 2 because I like DC more than Marvel, but the world seems funner in Marvel so I'm stuck in between.

Marvel was much more lighthearted and goofy. I have no comic or character preference so that part didn't come into play for me. You'll probably be happy with either and I recommend playing both at some point if you like lego games.

Pachimari

So I just connected my Dual Shock 3 and it installed its drivers, and I went to install the bluetooth drivers etc. from SCP Driver.

Now my SCPServer says this - should it function now?:

EDIT:
It seems to respond. I'm gonna test it out.

EDIT 2:
Okay, it works when it's wired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom