• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wouldn't they reuse a mechanic if it makes sense to do so? Games borrow mechanics from other games all the time, but Ubisoft is the bad guy because they're borrowing them from their own games? Last known position is a perfectly reasonable tactic for AI especially in a game world where the player is constantly monitored by cameras.
But you have hacking to deal with the cameras, here is the video with weird forced stealth minigame that I watched.

Well I bought Batman Arkham Origins on Gamestop sale for 5.24, but theres no code on my order history. I received 2 emails, the later telling me the code is ready. But nothing on their webpage.

DogMeat77

Well I bought Batman Arkham Origins on Gamestop sale for 5.24, but theres no code on my order history. I received 2 emails, the later telling me the code is ready. But nothing on their webpage.

I had that happen the other day with Fallout New Vegas. The order remained "open" status. So I called them and they told me they were out of codes and that the order was just canceled.

saunderez

But you have hacking to deal with the cameras, here is the video with weird forced stealth minigame that I watched.

The entire city is connected to a surveillance system, you can co-opt the cameras but you can't hide from them entirely. That mini game is a digital trip, they're just random wave based side missions.

They did eventually get Fallout back in stock, I just had to re-order the next day. It never showed out of stock or anything. So you might try again tomorrow. I'd still call them though and make sure that is the issue.

I sent them an email. Dont feel like going through the process of talking to a customer service representative. But thanks for your response dude

Tried to order 5 times through gamestop and keep getting the same shit

Oops!
We've encountered a problem processing your order. We have not charged you and your order has not been placed. Please try again or contact Customer Care at 1-800-883-8895.

Strange...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Err, so which version should I buy if I want to have the maximum stuff ? Yeah sorry it seems simple with the link but for one my brain freezes when I try to make sense of all the shit listed (I still want the shit) and when you have to ask something ubisoft, region, price related, you ask Jase ;-)

Uplay Deluxe Edition + Season Pass, but literally the only difference between the Uplay DDE and the DDE being sold elsewhere is the inclusion of the Chicago South Club pack with the former.

I dont think i'd even recognize jase without the avatar

give it 2 days and i'd be like "JaseC.. rings a bell"

One time my avatar didn't load and I got confused.

Volimar

yVHCsyR.jpg

Wowzers

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
You need to retrieve the key from GameStop's little client.

They actually don't have the client anymore as of last month.

Here's the old client landing page:
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/pc-game-downloads/

Here's the link to download the client:
http://www.impulsedriven.com/about

Here's what that link redirects to:
http://www.gamestop.com/stores/gs_download_about.aspx

And here are their download instructions:
EqVssVO.png

Note that this indicates that GameStop's acquisition of Impulse was completely and utterly useless.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

EqVssVO.png

Note that this indicates that GameStop's acquisition of Impulse was completely and utterly useless.

Ah. Pity it took GameStop this long to realise as much, but some progress is better than none. ;)

saunderez

EqVssVO.png

I just went through this crap trying to download my old copy of GalCiv2. I ended up emailing Stardock support who gave me a Steam key. For what it's worth I eventually downloaded it through the old client and I can provide that if you want, but in my case Stardock came to the rescue.

Link to the client I used to download GalCiv2.
http://dl.gamestop.com/impulse/873/GameStopApp_setup.exe

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I actually have a big problem with the "Sign in through Steam" system; you can't revoke access to a given site after the fact. This is bizarre, and the only OpenID system I've ever seen that doesn't allow you to do so. Of course the site doesn't get your password, but they do get a user identifier and depending on the site, they do get an authorization to have particular kinds of permissions on your account... and you can't revoke that. Most of the sites I'm aware of theoretically have "disconnect" functions on their end, but it's not guaranteed and it's also not guaranteed that if they do have one, disconnecting actually forces them to forget any information they have on your account.

Twitter:
PdKnsMK.png

Google:
bYFWjG3.png

Given that Who's Gaming Now is a service that just got literally run off Steam by Valve, I think it's fair to say Valve don't vouch for the service's management of my data... so...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like "Who's Gaming Now" is back as a dedicated website instead of a Steam group and they have two ongoing greenlight bribery promotions

http://whosgamingnow.com/discussion/52/2-free-games-dungeon-gate-dead-bits-once-greenlit/p1

Dungeon Gate

Wild Games Studio

Who's Gaming Now is still promoting quality, I see.

Look at all of the users voting for it on Greenlight. The Sea Will Claim Everything devs ought to contact WGN, it'll finally make it through Greenlight ;__;

Grief.exe

That new DAS Keyboard model.

My only complaint with my current DAS is the glossy finish. It is constantly dirty and is impossible to clean.

My only complaint is the media controls. I have no need for those.

Li Kao

Yeah I like DC more but the world in Marvel seems nicer. Man, I don't know anymore :(

The overworlds in both are kinda boring. It's all about the actual levels and DC wins there too.

Ok, as you are looking for opinions about the games, I will throw mine too. Listen to Stallion ! I'm more of a Marvel guy but having played both there is no comparison in my mind.
Batman 2 has no achievements on PC, a thing that in another case wouldn't have mattered to me but here the cheevos could have really pushed me to play more in the open world. Okay, carrot on a stick to push players to play an aspect of a game seems like a bad idea, but really, here I think it wouldn't have been a bad thing.
Oh and yeah, the open world in Batman 2 is relatively weak. Not bad but IIRC it's small and not particularly interesting.
But if we talk missions ? No comparison. Batman 2 has humor, epic, and what I subjectively felt were diverse and interesting levels.

Marvel has cheevos, a bigger map (as boring), but the thing is... I don't think I played a mission that wasn't a big long level of nothingness. God, that was painfully dull. But yeah, thinking about it there is surely more content, as there are little side levels to unlock in this one. Not bad, the side ones, not really stellar either, but in any case definitely not enough to save the game from being the boring one to me. I don't know how to say it, maybe it's just a writing thing, where I was entertained by Batman 2, Marvel kept surfing my Marvel vibe without really trying. It wasn't funny, it felt more like a checklist trying to maximize the number of references to the comic books, but lacking passion.
Let's put it this way, you present me the two games, I would think Batman 2 is a solid game on its own and Marvel a product. Not an abysmal product, I spent many hours playing it, but the spark was not there.

My only complaint with my current DAS is the glossy finish. It is constantly dirty and is impossible to clean.

If you want a no nonsense mechanical Filco is top of cool, though they end up being a little more costly than the norm.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Ok, as you are looking for opinions about the games, I will throw mine too. Listen to Stallion ! I'm more of a Marvel guy but having played both there is no comparison in my mind.
Batman 2 has no achievements on PC, a thing that in another case wouldn't have mattered to me but here the cheevos could have really pushed me to play more in the open world. Okay, carrot on a stick to push players to play an aspect of a game seems like a bad idea, but really, here I think it wouldn't have been a bad thing.
Oh and yeah, the open world in Batman 2 is relatively weak. Not bad but IIRC it's small and not particularly interesting.
But if we talk missions ? No comparison. Batman 2 has humor, epic, and what I subjectively felt were diverse and interesting levels.

Marvel has cheevos, a bigger map (as boring), but the thing is... I don't think I played a mission that wasn't a big long level of nothingness. God, that was painfully dull. But yeah, thinking about it there is surely more content, as there are little side levels to unlock in this one. Not bad, the side ones, not really stellar either, but in any case definitely not enough to save the game from being the boring one to me. I don't know how to say it, maybe it's just a writing thing, where I was entertained by Batman 2, Marvel kept surfing my Marvel vibe without really trying. It wasn't funny, it felt more like a checklist trying to maximize the number of references to the comic books, but lacking passion.
Let's put it this way, you present me the two games, I would think Batman 2 is a solid game on its own and Marvel a product. Not an abysmal product, I spent many hours playing it, but the spark was not there.
icWuA5NGsUVEY.gif

Card Boy

Banned
Its taken Valve like 5 years but Deus Ex: Invisible War finally records Steam time played without it disappearing between level changes. Maybe in another 5 years they will fix the overlay.

Backlogger

I usually ignore media controls since most keyboards seem to have the, but that round dial which I'm guessing is a volume control? That's too distracting to ignore. Its very pretty otherwise

mrgone

Those media controls seem so out of place on a DAS keyboard. They always seemed to be designed around the idea of well-engineered simplicity.

edit: Holy fuck, those prices. They can sit on it so fucking hard that they activate their n-key rollover.

Milamber

I'm in the opposite camp. I love a large volume knob on the side of my keyboard. It gets a lot of use from me, especially when I play games of questionable nature. It's fast. Why reach for a volume knob on a speaker so far from me or my mouse's scroll wheel when a handy knob is right in front of you.

I use a Microsoft/Razer Reclusa keyboard and the volume knobs are oh so useful.

38oWJgF.jpg

saunderez

I'm in the opposite camp. I love a large volume knob on the side of my keyboard. It gets a lot of use from me, especially when I play games of questionable nature. It's fast.

I use a Microsoft/Razer Reclusa keyboart and the volume knobs are oh so useful.
I wish my Logitech keyboard has a volume knob, I've mapped a couple of the programmable buttons to them but it sucks. Luckily I use my headset a lot and it has a volume knob so I'm set unless I'm on speakers.

kurahador

I wish my Logitech keyboard has a volume knob, I've mapped a couple of the programmable buttons to them but it sucks. Luckily I use my headset a lot and it has a volume knob so I'm set unless I'm on speakers.

What model are you using? My cheap G510 has a volume knob.

Ezalc

The logitech G110 has it, and it's one of the best keyboards I had the pleasure of using. It's kind of expensive right now though since it's not being produced anymore. There's a new mechanical one from them the G710+ that has it too but that's like 120 bucks.

I'm eyeing that Das Keyboard you got Grief, it was on my list of potentials I wanted to buy. But I had no money for it. :/

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I love a large volume knob on the side of my keyboard. It gets a lot of use from me, especially when I play games of questionable nature. It's fast. Why reach for a volume knob on a speaker so far from me or my mouse's scroll wheel when a handy knob is right in front of you.

That's why you wear headphones/earphones when you play waifu games.

Otherwise, greenrepresentsnoises.png

Oooh guacamelee booster pack. It sells for like 23 cents on the market though. Unpack or sell?

You could live on the edge and unpack it and hope you get a foil, or you could play it safe and sell the booster.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
GAF mobile has options to disable images and avatars; you'll find that it uses very little bandwidth that way. Unless you're, like, foreign roaming with 3MB of data to use for the next 6 months, I'd recommend mobile over some weird frankenstein experience.

I would do that normally, but for some reason on the mobile I am forced to use at the moment (an iPhone 5s) every time a page is reloaded on GAF mobile, it automatically goes to the latest post in a thread rather than leaving it the post and placement of page I was last at and I rather not miss pages.

I just started playing Super House of Dead Ninjas.

Wow, dude. I mean: WOW. The gameplay is rad; I'm so hooked.

Welcome to the fun my friend. Some tips.

Boomarang or the spear you can reclaim will be your friends as they are infinite, so try to get them as soon as possible, though just about all the projectiles are great. Though of course still try out all the items as you unlock them for whatever is the most fun to you.

Always hold down when you are falling. Always.

You have a period of invincibility after using magic, useful not just for fighting enemies, but also good if you need to survive past an area of spikes.

When you start to try and get faster times, note TNT will destroy normally non-destroyable blocks and you can drop down them as long as it leads to another floor.

Lightsword or whatever it's called is the best sword weapon, it will dissolve enemies, great against mushrooms.

Chickens are evil.

Sober

I would do that normally, but for some reason on the mobile I am forced to use at the moment (an iPhone 5s) every time a page is reloaded on GAF mobile, it automatically goes to the latest post in a thread rather than leaving it the post and placement of page I was last at and I rather not miss pages.
You can go to the options in the mobile site and change it so the arrow from a thread works the same way as clicking on the GAF symbol to the left of a thread on the desktop site.

Milamber

I use GAF Mobile on a 5S and the setting is there to change the arrow pointing right to "View Last Unread" from "View Last Page". Wish they had defaulted to "View Last Unread".

EDIT: Beaten. With a bat. To my face. I should look down before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom