• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
LEGO Batman 2 I say is better for story and characters talking to each other in the cut scenes for more than quick jokes. The city can feel a bit empty however.

LEGO Marvel s the better world with a lot more to do and find, poor Stan Lee. However it is the easiest to never finish due to fatigue. Story is fun, but not as well written, closer to old comic plots rather than the full just basic parody Batman 2 did of old World's Finest.
Has far better characters to play and see interact with however, with a wee bit more variety such as each flier being slightly different to each other.

Both good and of course which IP you enjoy will go farther in entertaining you. LEGO Batman 2 especially with the various movie music

LEGO City Undercover for Wii U is the best for story and fun world to play in.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Is 'adult content' a euphemism for boobs?

And dicks. But this revelation doesn't surprise me. My guess is if any game has extreme violence (like Manuhunt 2) and was marked, it wouldn't be surprising either. Guessing the AO content warning is mainly to also help warning for games with Screenshots, as it was kind of silly that a game like Rust are being sold, but anyone who takes a screenshot of the nudity in that game got a warning.

Go!Go! Nippon has adult content?

Also I thought Loren The Amazon Princess was censored on Steam.

NSFW Warning

It seems the guess from earlier that one of the reasons Steam added the adult content warning for visual novels was not wrong.

Actually how is Killer Is Dead? It didn't seem to get good reviews but I notice a lot of people obviously talking about it.

The impressions in this topic and the Killer is Dead topic, as well as on Steam itself, are both far more positive than I expected them to be. I liked Killer is Dead myself, not my favorite Suda51 game (out of his recent games, I think Shadows of the Damned was my personal favorite), but has a lot of style, fairly decent substance, and apparently people are saying the new content (files about the game, cutscene theater, etc.) is making the story a lot easier to understand. Which is a good thing as so many people who finished the original game complained the story was nonsensical when honestly it only took another playthrough to understand a lot of it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I've been trying for well over an hour, but Firefox's javascript engine bugs out every time I try to implement the required selectors that are needed to make the Enhanced Steam feature work that lets you choose which homepage tab you'd like to see by default.

Sorry Firefox users, looks like this feature will be "Chrome only" for the time being. :(

Sajjaja

Probably right, linked it with a warning.

u7gey.gif

Dusk Golem

It's such a left-ball thing the game throws at you (and one other scene but its less surprising the second time). Besides these scenes, the game seems like it could of been made for kids with the content there and most of the tone of the rest of the game.

"Woooooooooow." -Main character of Go! Go! Nippon! 2012

Dusk Golem

I love achievements that feel like they're teasing you/are kind of funny that are timed perfectly when they unlock.

The other example I can think of is the perfect timing of when you unlock "This is the part where he kills you" achievement in Portal 2.

MRORANGE

I know it's a summer drought for gaming, but bumping this again if anyone wanted to post something for the next thread:

cK5LaD7.png
Steam Game Recommendations for June (What's on your radar)

Every month gaffers talk about what games should be on your radar for each month by submitting mini recommendations.
Check the OP to see games were highlighted by our members for this month to get an idea.

Rules:
1. Choose a game that you think is worth watching out for in June that is on Steam.
2. Write about it, 60+ words would be great, feel free to go over it.
3. Send me a PM with what you have written.

Gods Will Be Watching - More_Badass
Unrest - BinaryPork2737[
Murdered: Soul Suspect - jshackles

/B]

d18OIhN.png
A game In May that you liked (Recommendation/review)

Played a game from May that was great? We want to hear about it, write a review and it will be in next month's OP.

Rules:
1. Choose a game that came out on Steam that you liked
2. Write a review about it
3. Send me a PM with what you have written.

Deadline for both:

t1401472800z0.png

Pachimari

Pairing a DS3 to your Bluetooth Dongle - plug in the DS3 to USB while the Service is running, the DS3 will be automatically paired if required.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

But I did this already, and when I take off the cable, it disconnects.

And this thread moves so fast, that I can't even find that one post, where a very kind soul explained to me, how I could see if my dongle were compatible.

I'm gonna use this whole night making my controllers work wirelessly.

EDIT:
OH! Now it works wirelessly! At least I know my dongle is compatible now. :)

I wonder how I'll get the Dual Shock 4 to work then, since it should have been the same process.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I know it's a summer drought for gaming, but bumping this again if anyone wanted to post something for the next thread:

MRORANGE - I'll do a write up on Murdered: Soul Suspect, if that's alright.

Sajjaja

But I did this already, and when I take off the cable, it disconnects.

And this thread moves so fast, that I can't even find that one post, where a very kind soul explained to me, how I could see if my dongle were compatible.

I'm gonna use this whole night making my controllers work wirelessly.

To see if it's compatible, goto Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devies and Printers >Right Click your Dongle and goto Properties > Click the Hardware Tab > Properties > Details Tab > Drop down to Hardware IDs and cross reference with list in the link I gave before.

EDIT: Oh, well grats :p

dani_dc

A store mispriced Nexus 7- 32 GB for 180 euros (was supposed to be on sale for 223 euros, down from the regular 280 price).

Tempted to buy it so I can use Steam In-home streaming to play games in bed (I know that there's no native support but I hear there's way to get it to work).

NSFW Warning
It seems the guess from earlier that one of the reasons Steam added the adult content warning for visual novels was not wrong.

Well I suppose I can see that.

Sajjaja

Any way to buy from Gamestop Digital from outside USA?

I bought Riddick from there last year from my Canadian address but now I can't buy from them? Heck, even my account history doesn't remember my purchase...

Trying to buy Lego Marvel for $3.49 but nothing =/

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I bought Riddick from there last year from my Canadian address but now I can't buy from them? Heck, even my account history doesn't remember my purchase...

It was possible to buy from outside the US when Impulse was still in use, and when separate accounts existed for Impulse and GameStop, but it does not appear to be possible to buy from outside the US on the Gamestop Web Store.

In addition, both Paypal and their credit card processor require exact address matching; you cannot fake the address by falsifying a ZIP. It may be possible to buy from the store using a GameStop gift card or anonymous prepaid credit card, but it's not clear how you'd get those things outside the US.

Sajjaja

It was possible to buy from outside the US when Impulse was still in use, and when separate accounts existed for Impulse and GameStop, but it does not appear to be possible to buy from outside the US on the Gamestop Web Store.

In addition, both Paypal and their credit card processor require exact address matching; you cannot fake the address by falsifying a ZIP. It may be possible to buy from the store using a GameStop gift card or anonymous prepaid credit card, but it's not clear how you'd get those things outside the US.

Oh......well that sucks..... $3.49 is a good deal.

header_292x136.jpg

RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition

After being on my wishlist for a long time, I finally got to sink my teeth into RADical ROACH (RR). Unfortunately, I would have to say the end game did not meet my high expectations.

RR is at its heart a side scrolling shooter. You take on the form of a Roach and are tasked with shooting other similar animals as they swarm towards you. As a concept, it is highly original and could be described as genre defining. However there are a number of things that ultimately let the game down.

captureqmjcd.png

Firstly the Roach doesn't quite seem radical enough. There is no skateboard or basketball cap, let alone a backwards facing one. There is a red scalf, but that just doesn't fit in with my vision of what radical can be. Then when you consider this is already the "deluxe" version, all hope for future more radical DLC is slim.
When you combine this with amazing graphics and production values it is almost something you can overlook, but I just couldn't get past it. Also the gameplay is completely crap.

So although it is a clever idea and as much as I tried to love it, I would have to suggest it is a pass.

Dambrosi

Banned
I already did a small write-up on the original Japanese version of Crimzon Clover for the shmups thread. I'd be happy to find it and copypasta/edit it into the next thread if you want.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
How long is that LEGO deal on Gamestop going for and are they keys I can gift?

On mobile with limited data so I can't check at the moment myself. Also GAF looks funny in a text only browser.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
How long is that LEGO deal on Gamestop going for and are they keys I can gift?

On mobile with limited data so I can't check at the moment myself. Also GAF looks funny in a text only browser.

GAF mobile has options to disable images and avatars; you'll find that it uses very little bandwidth that way. Unless you're, like, foreign roaming with 3MB of data to use for the next 6 months, I'd recommend mobile over some weird frankenstein experience.

Salsa

GAF mobile has options to disable images and avatars; you'll find that it uses very little bandwidth that way. Unless you're, like, foreign roaming with 3MB of data to use for the next 6 months, I'd recommend mobile over some weird frankenstein experience.

I dont think i'd even recognize jase without the avatar

give it 2 days and i'd be like "JaseC.. rings a bell"

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm hearing things from both sides.

One side matters, the other doesn't. I used to love marvel and I still kinda do, but a friend showed me the light. That and the writing in Lego Bats is infinity times more inspired and clever.

Xmen DOFP was the shit tho. Disney marvel can suck it. They are missing the only marvel property that matters and has an ounce of gravitas.

Sajjaja

One side matters, the other doesn't. I used to love marvel and I still kinda do, but a friend showed me the light. That and the writing in Lego Bats is infinity times more inspired and clever.

Xmen DOFP was the shit tho. Disney marvel can suck it. They are missing the only marvel property that matters and has an ounce of gravitas.

Yeah I like DC more but the world in Marvel seems nicer. Man, I don't know anymore :(

Jesb

I'm sure someone on here would be able to help you out with whatever game you wanted.

Just saw a Watch Dogs video, and it seems like Splinter Cell's Last Position mechanic is also in there, they just can't resist recycling stuff can they?

saunderez

Just saw a Watch Dogs video, and it seems like Splinter Cell's Last Position mechanic is also in there, they just can't resist recycling stuff can they?

Why wouldn't they reuse a mechanic if it makes sense to do so? Games borrow mechanics from other games all the time, but Ubisoft is the bad guy because they're borrowing them from their own games? Last known position is a perfectly reasonable tactic for AI especially in a game world where the player is constantly monitored by cameras.

Levyne

Banned
I was gonna post that I swear I've seen last known position in a handful of other games, but when coming up with a list, I'm blanking on names.

MUnited83

For you.
They could always add it in later if I'm not mistaken.

They can't actually, as there is only one sub. There is no region-specific ones. The max they could do would put the TradingGifting region restricting on it, which would only apply to gifts on inventory. If you buy it now and activate it there will not be any region lock.

saunderez

I was gonna post that I swear I've seen last known position in a handful of other games, but when coming up with a list, I'm blanking on names.

It's actually a pretty straightforward idea for when you're designing AI that is sweeping a room. You would always want them to start where the player was last seen and then fan out from there if they can't find him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom