• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

I currently have $8.68 in Playfire credit.

I'm eyeing SS4AE on GMG.

I like fighting games, and I've played a ton of Street Fighter over the years. (Alpha 3's still my favorite for playing w/friends when I can get up a game, even though I know it's not considered a "serious" tournament game, but w/e.)

Your post make me think about a side thing I'm curious about. Noobish question btw. I have Scarlet dualshock drivers installed, is there an easy way to tell the computer that the xbox pad or fighting stick I plug to play a specific game is the first player ?

Dr Dogg

WOAH
I didn't know it was a thing outside Italy!

I don't give a damn about football nowadays, but oooooh when I was a kid... I guess without Panini stickers now I'd have a Steam library that would put JaseC's one to shame, or like I'd be one of the major shareholders of Apple or something.

Man, I used to do that when I was like, 6.

Well when you end up playing a game somewhat similar to bingo (£2 in the kitty everyday, get 2 packs of stickers) which works out a "line" is getting a complete team and "house" who finishes first then there's some incentive for acting like a kid in the playground playing swapsies. Saying that I'm about £40 down at this rate :(

Don't gamble kids.

You know . call me crazy but i really wish more games came to Steam from the FMV - time period Phantasmagoria 1 and 2 . Black dahlia and Don't fear the reaper .

Yes i understand and know most of those games had horrible acting in it and told you fuck all about what you are supposed to do but i would really like to play those games .

I played about a couple of hours of Harvester the other week and I'm completely with you. Li Kao reminded me of Ripper and how awesome it was/is! Come on Night Dive, you're our only hope.

Edit: Well stupidly late to that party.

dani_dc

I want to buy Rollercoaster Tyccon 2, but knowing that it will likely be on sale during the summer sales is stopping me form buying it.

Tizoc

You can also access chat through a browser. Go to your account's activity feed on the site and hit the "Send a Chat Message" button.

Interesting thanks. I'd log in now, at work but then I have to do the verification thing and I am not in the mood for that lol. Will use the iOS app though.

Old Lace

I was going to buy Arkham Origins off of Amazon, but then I discovered that I bought it last month when it was on sale. I had totally forgotten.

I was going to buy Arkham Origins off of Amazon, but then I discovered that I bought it last month when it was on sale. I had totally forgotten.

Welcome to the club. This happens to me regularly.

Even worse, occasionally I try to gift my gf a game and surprise, I'd already bought it for her months ago.

Grief.exe

Just finished Transistor. Really enjoyed myself

Uc8l1FM.png

fantomena

Just finished Wolfenstein: The New Order. Suprisingly good game. 8/10 from me. Really enjoyed it.

The ending got me thinking; Why the fuck does almost all AAA games these days have crappy endings?

Jesb

This is off topic but I'm not sure where else to put it. Does anyone know how cloud saving works on origin, or if their cloud saving works the way it should? I recently installed a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 and I assumed games that supported the cloud on origin would have my saves like steam does. But nfs hp is loading a new save not the cloud save, and I see no where in app to load a cloud save.

Played some Ducktales Remastered today and it's not at all that bad I thought it would be. It's actually... pretty good? I just don't understand why the backgrounds couldn't have been done with the same great style as the characters, the Scrooges Vault was really fugly. Then again, Amazon was bit better, died on the boss and quit. Also while the mid-dialogs are better than I expected, good grief there are lots of them.

Tellaerin

Your post make me think about a side thing I'm curious about. Noobish question btw. I have Scarlet dualshock drivers installed, is there an easy way to tell the computer that the xbox pad or fighting stick I plug to play a specific game is the first player ?

Now that, I don't know. (For PC games, I use my trusty Dualshock 2 with x360ce and a USB adapter + drivers I picked up at Radio Shack back in the day.) Thought I'd quote you in hopes that someone more knowledgeable than I am will see the question. : )

The Zelda 2 inspired world map looks boffo!

That really does look good. I like how the developer seems to be trying to recapture the feel of old NES adventure/platformers this time around. If he can nail that as well as he did the oldschool PC game feel, this is going to be something special.

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

iBomber Attack -- MB-E78D68937C3D7B5A - Taken by Henry Swanson. 4 entrants total.

t1400966535z1.png

Tizoc

For the new page
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

They breathe -- MB-EDC6ACBED2DD7A4C

t1401020903z1.png

Grief.exe

Just finished Transistor. Really enjoyed myself

Uc8l1FM.png

19 hours? Pretty meaty or replayable then?

Oh yes. I beat the game and couldn't wait to jump back into NG+ to try out the new abilities, remixed enemy spawns, and turn on as many Limiters as possible (similar to shrines in Bastion).

The combat system has a surprising amount of depth as well. I essentially spent the entirety of my first playthrough in planning stage as more of a tactical RPG. For my second playthrough, I played the whole thing in real-time as more of an action RPG.
The ability combinations can dramatically change around the way you play the game.

Admittedly, 19 hours isn't indicative of total time spent in the game. Some of that is alt-tabbed to discuss ability combinations and experimenting with ability combinations.

Dr Dogg

Oh yes. I beat the game and couldn't wait to jump back into NG+ to try out the new abilities, remixed enemy spawns, and turn on as many Limiters as possible (similar to shrines in Bastion).

The combat system has a surprising amount of depth as well. I essentially spent the entirety of my first playthrough in planning stage as more of a tactical RPG. For my second playthrough, I played the whole thing in real-time as more of an action RPG.
The ability combinations can dramatically change around the way you play the game.

Admittedly, 19 hours isn't indicative of total time spent in the game. Some of that is alt-tabbed to discuss ability combinations and experimenting with ability combinations.

Yeah I've been reading some impressions about the battle system. Sounds quite adaptable and you can augment things to a degree. Definitely going to pick it up just a question of when now. Though there is a bit of a lull the next month or two but my eyes are burning with the neon filled goodness that is Killer is Dead so jumping into another straight after might not be a good idea.

Grief.exe

Yeah I've been reading some impressions about the battle system. Sounds quite adaptable and you can augment things to a degree. Definitely going to pick it up just a question of when now. Though there is a bit of a lull the next month or two but my eyes are burning with the neon filled goodness that is Killer is Dead so jumping into another straight after might not be a good idea.

I only recently found out what Killer Is Dead actually is when the PC release was announced.

I remember when it originally came out, the politically correct obsessed media covered the dating gameply. I read a couple articles and watched some videos, most notably on RPS and Giant Bomb, I then assumed that the game a Japanese dating simulator.

I would imagine the dating portion only encompasses a very small portion of the actual game. Gaming journalism is in a horrible place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom