• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the DLC included in the Steam version of Metal Gear Rising worth the purchase for someone who has played through the base game already on console?

MRORANGE

MRORANGE if you want to tally the postcount between threads a little faster

Code:

If you don't have python, you can forward me the list of the thread IDs and I can manually put them in myself.

Thanks, already got it worked out.

I was actually wondering what was the quickest way to tally all Modbot giveaways in steam threads, The easiest way seemed to be using the Neogaf search tool for text that modbot spouts out when doing a giveaway but I get repeat results from people quoting or bumping their posts. Mainly these threads:

Apologies if that's a tall order:

ArjanN

Is the DLC included in the Steam version of Metal Gear Rising worth the purchase for someone who has played through the base game already on console?

I really like the Sam DLC, he plays pretty differently from Raiden. You taunt to put enemies into a rage mode where they both do and take more damage, evade until you have window to attack, and then do a charge-based attack.

The Bladewolf DLC is more stealth based, and it's not as good as the Sam DLC, but I do quite like the new bossfight.

Thanks, already got it worked out.

I was actually wondering what was the quickest way to tally all Modbot giveaways in steam threads, The easiest way seemed to be using the Neogaf search tool for text that modbot spouts out when doing a giveaway but I get repeat results from people quoting or bumping their posts. Mainly these threads:

Apologies if that's a tall order:

Can't you just ask ModBot? I thought it was self aware at the moment.

Knurek

watch-dogs-ripoff-002.jpg

AssDogs getting movie adaptation.

Bollywood 'rip-off'

derExperte

What is SteamGAF's favorite gaming mouse? I'm trying to decide between the DeathAdder 2013 (I'd prefer more extra buttons), Steelseries Rival (probably too big) and the Roccat Kone Pure Optical. Going by other mouse threads the Steelseries Sensei is highly regarded here but I like my mouse non-ambidextrous and without buttons on the right.

Dr Dogg

What is SteamGAF's favorite gaming mouse? I'm trying to decide between the DeathAdder 2013 (I'd prefer more extra buttons), Steelseries Rival (probably too big) and the Roccat Kone Pure Optical. Going by other mouse threads the Steelseries Sensei is highly regarded here but I like my mouse non-ambidextrous and without buttons on the right.

MX518 hands down for me even being left handed (G400 is the closest thing too it these days). The Sensei's are nice but for me it's too low of a profile. I had issues with the sensor in the 3500dpi Death Adder I had but supposedly it's been fixed in firmware updates and Razer has changed the sensor in newer editions.

If you want to move outside the realms of gaming mice the best mouse I've ever used was a Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0. No acceleration, no line smoothing or angle snapping and super comfortable. Really rare to find a new one these days but I'd snap one up if I saw one again.

garath

I loved my MX518. I love my Sensei RAW even more. I would buy a Sensei Rival in a heartbeat if my wife wouldn't beat me over the head with it after buying so many peripherals in the last year (mech keyboard, headphones).

Parsnip

Personally I've never quite understood the need for gaming mouse. I guess I'm just too casul. Currently using a regular Logitech M510.

Nabs

Personally I've never quite understood the need for gaming mouse. I guess I'm just too casul. Currently using a regular Logitech M510.

The 510 was a good mouse. I had the red 510 for years until it broke. Now I'm rocking the G400, and will grab a G400S when this thing calls it quits.

mannerbot

The 510 was a good mouse. I had the red 510 for years until it broke. Now I'm rocking the G400, and will grab a G400S when this thing calls it quits.

He probably doesn't mean the MX510 lol. But yeah, I went from MX510 to G5 to Microsoft Habu (basically a Deathadder) to G400 myself.

Santiako

Cheap Microsoft wired mouse, never needed anything else.
qjnw9Ku.jpg

Dr Dogg

It's another case of sell people something with numbers. High DPI/CPI, more and more buttons, high polling rates, triple braided cables, gold plated shielding (contacts yes but outer shielding is a waste of time). When in effect you really don't need any of them at all. Wired is preferable for a competitive mouse but a wireless one is fine if you don't mind the slight input latency.

Build quality, switch life, no artificial tracking, acceleration or plain smoothing and more over comfort are the things I look for in a mouse. Bizarrely very rarely any of them get mentioned on the box though.

derExperte

MX518 hands down for me even being left handed (G400 is the closest thing too it these days). The Sensei's are nice but for me it's too low of a profile. I had issues with the sensor in the 3500dpi Death Adder I had but supposedly it's been fixed in firmware updates and Razer has changed the sensor in newer editions.

Yeah, the old MS mice were great, immediately bought the Microsoft IntelliMouse 1.0 which was afair the first widely available optical mouse. And I had a G5 years ago which has the same form as the 518. But while I don't have many complaints about the G9 that I've used during the last five years I want to try something non-Logitech this time.

Fox318

I love my Rat 7

Same here. Most of my gaming is done through a controller anyway (DS3, come at me). I'm just using a simple wireless keyboard + mouse. It's good enough.

Joe Molotov

RIP Microsoft IntelliMouse. I had a 2.0 Wireless one that I used forever.

After it finally went kaput, I switched to a Sidewinder, but it just wasn't the same. I'm using a RAT now, it's pretty nice.

rtcn63

I use a cooler master storm spawn because I have small hands and fingertip grip. Still a bit too large though. Only real negatives are the lack of free scroll and that the mouse doesn't save bindings for individual games. (Logitech mice let you do this IIRC)

AkuMifune

Banned
Dumb user error issue. When I run Steam as an admin (only way to get CS:GO to run) I lose mouse/controller support. They fail to work. ...?

I get undercutting the going price of a card to sell it quicker, but when people drop it $.10 below or more it drives me nuts. /hungovereconomics

derExperte

I love my Rat 7

They look a bit like my G9 so I had the RAT TE high on my list (RAT 5 and 7 are too heavy for my liking) but I want to try an optical sensor and I've read a few too many complaints about the RATs having issues with certain mouse pads.

I use a cooler master storm spawn because I have small hands and fingertip grip. Still a bit too large though. Only real negatives are the lack of free scroll and that the mouse doesn't save bindings for individual games. (Logitech mice let you do this IIRC)

Hm, looks interesting. But not regularly available anymore around here.

I've got a Microsoft Sidewinder X5 that I find brilliant. Had a MS Habu (Rebranded Deathadder) that I loved but after about 5 years it developed an issue where the left button would double click randomly. One great thing is MS offer (offered?) lifetime warrenty on their hardware. When the Habu died, got it switched out for an Sidewinder X3 (Decent, but wasn't keen on the side buttons being one on either side, so upgraded).

Terra_Ex

When my MX518 finally died (a sad day) I tried slumming it with various older non-gaming mice I had around and I just couldn't do it. Made the switch to the G400S and it was like coming home, though the fact that the G400S costs £10 more than what I originally paid for my MX518 despite being the same mouse was annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom