• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Apparently buying Starlite: Astronaut Rescue also nets you G-Ball, but unfortunately the opposite isn't true. I was wondering why Steam said I already owned it.

Arthea

Apparently buying Starlite: Astronaut Rescue also nets you G-Ball, but unfortunately the opposite isn't true. I was wondering why Steam said I already owned it.

ha! you are right!
but g-ball doesn't show in my game list. I wonder why

edited: and it's multi only? aww

Dr Dogg

Hahahaha. Do you ever get confused about which games you own, which you don't and ones that get added on their own? I've got a spreadsheet with all my digital gaming purchases over the years and even at just shy of 1,400 items I still find out I own stuff that I bought many moons ago. DLC is usually the culprit mind.

Arthea

Hahahaha. Do you ever get confused about which games you own, which you don't and ones that get added on their own? I've got a spreadsheet with all my digital gaming purchases over the years and even at just shy of 1,400 items I still find out I own stuff that I bought many moons ago. DLC is usually the culprit mind.
you are so right! dlcs are worst, I never can remember which game I bought vanilla version, which one collection including dlcs. I bought a few collections this way of games I already had dlcs.
I don't keep any track of my purchases though, it would make sense, but I'm too lazy to do that.

JaseC

ha! you are right!
but g-ball doesn't show in my game list. I wonder why

edited: and it's multi only? aww

Try restarting Steam. The game was added to the sub several hours ago.

I've bought my fair share of games thinking I didn't already own them, yeah. I'd planned to keep track of my Steam spending this year, but I forgot to start, haha. Maybe next year. ;)

Knurek

Sacred Tears TRUE: RPG makerish

I can recognize the font from miles away, it's RPG Maker 2000/XP.

To be fair, it uses 100% custom artwork (very nice one judging from screenshots) and a custom battle system (either realtime like in Tales of Phantasia or card based, not sure).

Tizoc

Sacred Tears TRUE: RPG makerish
Supercharged Robot VULKAISER: bullet hell side scroller
ARMED SEVEN: not so bullet hell side scroller

Ugh Bullet Hell, why can't we have traditional old school Shoot'em-ups where the screen isn't riddled with enemy projectiles and relied on you properly moving your aircraft to avoid enemy attacks?
Gunbird 1 and 2 on Steam pls

Knurek

Ugh Bullet Hell, why can't we have traditional old school Shoot'em-ups where the screen isn't riddled with enemy projectiles and relied on you properly moving your aircraft to avoid enemy attacks?

Gunbird (especially 2) is pretty much bullet-hell.

Arthea

Try restarting Steam. The game was added to the sub several hours ago.

I've bought my fair share of games thinking I didn't already own them, yeah. I'd planned to keep track of my Steam spending this year, but I forgot to start, haha. Maybe next year. ;)

I was looking for g-ball, it's in my library under Starlite AA: g-ball. (><)
Still doesn't show in a game list only in library, weird.

I do this all the time, it has to be much worse for you. Is it even possible to remember what one has, past 500 games?

Tizoc

Gunbird (especially 2) is pretty much bullet-hell.

Really? I haven't played it since my arcade days 10-15 years ago so my memory's rather hazy about it :p
I have Sonic Wings Special on my PS Vita and I'd love a shmup like it on Steam.

Genki

I can recognize the font from miles away, it's RPG Maker 2000/XP.

To be fair, it uses 100% custom artwork (very nice one judging from screenshots) and a custom battle system (either realtime like in Tales of Phantasia or card based, not sure).

From the game's website:

Fresh and engaging characters, stories, and drama &#8211; from comedy to political intrigue.
Traditional and new JRPG features, including a deceptively simple but deep card battle system, redistributable skill points, and multi-way system!
Outstanding replay value: 24 main story chapters and 24 side chapters!
Chapter (5&#8211;30 mins each) format for easy play!
A treasure trove of beautiful, high quality character art by Takashi KONNO (Shichinin no Bukiya)!
An exceptional original soundtrack by Hiroyuki Ojima (Accel World, When They Cry anime) and Shimotsuki Haruka (Atelier Iris, Ace Attorney Orchestral Performance)!

From the little footage I could find it didn't seem very bullet hell-y. Most bullets were coming from your flying robot. Both are horizontal.

JaseC

I was looking for g-ball, it's in my library under Starlite AA: g-ball. (><)
Still doesn't show in a game list only in library, weird.

I do this all the time, it has to be much worse for you. Is it even possible to remember what one has, past 500 games?

Most of the time the name rings a bell. I check my library if I'm not sure, but on the odd occasion I either miss the entry or don't realise I'm looking at only the games I have installed.

Edit: A friend has asked me for scary/horror game recommendations (he likes to stream his playthroughs). I generally stay away from such titles since I hate jump scares, but if anybody has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Here's his games list.

Jawmuncher

Looks like I might make it back for some of e3 afterall.
hope theres some good stuff shown off this year that'll be on pc.

so reading the impressions on watch dogs. Sounds like something im better off waiting to hit 50% off.
shame was pretty interested in the concept.

Jawmuncher

Most of the time the name rings a bell. I check my library if I'm not sure, but on the odd occasion I either miss the entry or don't realise I'm looking at only the games I have installed.

Edit: A friend has asked me for scary/horror game recommendations (he likes to stream his playthroughs). I generally stay away from such titles since I hate jump scares, but if anybody has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Here's his games list.

Check duskgolems horror game thread. Lots of stuff there. On mobile so I cant search.

Arthea

I gifted the Cat Lady to my friend (he likes horror games mostly with a story, like early Silent Hill games or Sanitarium and alike), he liked it so much that he found earlier game of Harvester Games, played that too and liked it too. It's not your traditional horror game, but I think that made it more appealing to him.
And I checked your friend doesn't have it. Also he doesn't have Deadly Premonition, so you have what to choose from.

Looks like I might make it back for some of e3 afterall.
hope theres some good stuff shown off this year that'll be on pc.

so reading the impressions on watch dogs. Sounds like something im better off waiting to hit 50% off.
shame was pretty interested in the concept.
We had so many announcements even before E3, I have my expectations low.

I'll wait for -75% on this one. It'll take a while but I'm not in a hurry, seeing that I still have to finish AssFlag.

JaseC

Check duskgolems horror game thread. Lots of stuff there. On mobile so I cant search.

Ah, good idea.

I gifted the Cat Lady to my friend (he likes horror games mostly with a story, like early Silent Hill games or Sanitarium and alike), he liked it so much that he found earlier game of Harvester Games, played that too and liked it too. It's not your traditional horror game, but I think that made it more appealing to him.
And I checked your friend doesn't have it. Also he doesn't have Deadly Premonition, so you have what to choose from.

Cheers.

ArjanN

ZY4w7Un.png

voted, getting a last blade and garou mark of the wolves vibe from this

There was a pretty big thread about this when the indiegogo campaign for this was going on:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=605816

Edit: heh:

yatagarasu_IGG_result.jpg

Jawmuncher

We had so many announcements even before E3, I have my expectations low.

I'll wait for -75% on this one. It'll take a while but I'm not in a hurry, seeing that I still have to finish AssFlag.

I rarely get excited for e3. The Avengers E3 hype gif is me every year.
But im hoping this one changes things since its the start of a new gen.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Bah you can hardly blame them too much though, they're only serving their audience and I doubt their audience really want's to know the release date of TiTS on Steam like a lot of us. Plus the big publishers need that level of detachment to pass the message along. Who do you trust more? A marketing exec on a 6 figure salary and an Ivy League education or someone scraping by to make ends meet in the competitive field of games reporting? Of course neither is also another option.

But that's the way things are going for smaller publishers though, using new and social media along with word of mouth and smaller expos where their actual customers attend to spread the word. When Ys Seven was doing the media rounds I heard nothing from the bigger media outlets and if it wasn't for the fact I watched a lot of Classic Game Room I wouldn't know it was even a thing.

But hey what do I know?
Tits on Steam? I thought this kind of games weren't allowed, what happened?

You guys are way too fast... I just woke up and you already spotted the GL batch!!! Power of GAF I guess.

From the game's website:

From the little footage I could find it didn't seem very bullet hell-y. Most bullets were coming from your flying robot. Both are horizontal.

Indeed, neither Vulkaiser nor ARMED SEVEN are truly bullet hell. The former is more about being an overpowered '70s anime super robot that combines (GATTAI!) with others for more firepower. If you check the site or screenshots you'll notice you and your combined pieces have life bars, a clear tell-tale sign that you have a wide margin of error. Some health is replenished at the end of the stages. The latter is more like those 90s side scrollers who had higher bullet counts (we could call them "manic" shmups) but never quite reached the danmaku territory. Both also have a heavier focus on picking boss parts and some environmental destruction.

Yeah, Sacred Tears TRUE is RPG Maker but 30 mins in you already forget of that. The variety of missions and the fact that you can take your sweet time before entering the Shadow Knight missions is great and comes with a bunch of nice side-quests that you can pick at any time after finishing a main episode.

Authority

Banned
This is classic.

Nx7qH4s.jpg

Rise of Incarnates enters alpha this weekend
Rise_of_Incarnates_02.0_cinema_960.0.jpg

Rise of Incarnates - Extended Intro Trailer

Free-to-play fighting game from the creators of Tekken and SoulCalibur, Rise of Incarnates, will enter alpha testing phase May 30 until June 1, Bandai Namco announced on its Tumblr today.

Rise of Incarnates features two-versus-two gameplay, various 3D arenas set in cityscapes and numerous fighters that offer unique skills and powers. The characters and their respective skill sets and roles will accommodate a variety of playstyles in both close-quarters and long-range combat.

Players take the role of humans referred to as "Incarnates" who "command untold mythical powers." Four humans and their respective Incarnates have been revealed to date with more to be unveiled in the future. The known fighters include Dr. Gasper Watteau/Grim Reaper, Terrence Blake/Deuteros, Mireia Vaentin/Lilith and Jedrek Tyler/Mephistopheles.

Revealed in April, Rise of Incarnates is slated to release in the North America for Windows PC later this year. Players can sign up to participate in the Rise of Incarnates's alpha by submitting their email on the official website. You can watch the title's extended intro trailer below.

Credits to Polygon

Genki

Rejoice fellow GAFfers, for now many more will know the greatness that is Lo Wang.

I have Syder actually though I should change the graphics since the high res one messes with my eyes lol.

Will give Jet's n' Guns a try maybe I have it already...

There's also Satazius, Ether Vapor, Astebreed, and The Tale of Alltynex trilogy coming up.

didamangi

Just a heads up, GMG has a 22% off voucher, one time use per account only (QUK706-XWFKI6-8UK3NL)

Works on the majority of games including preorders like Arkham Knight and you can use your credits with it as well.

Just a heads up:

You can get a extra steam key for SSFIV: AE by copy pasting the GFWL key that steam gives you!

Ooh, better copy paste it now before steam disable the cd key request on that one.

abracadaver

Should I buy Mirrors Edge while its on sale ? (2,49€)

Also I renamed the darkplaces.exe to quake.exe/winquake.exe/glquake.exe to have it start from my library and to count the time I'm playing but the game crashes 1 second after it started everytime. If I start it without steam it works perfectly. whats the problem here ?

Saty

Yeah RivaTuner Statistics Server is needed both for the monitoring graphs that Afterburner uses as well as the OSD. It's actually a very good piece of software though as you can also use it to lock frame rates down better than pretty much anything else, even the in game limiters. Afterburner is dependant on it though so if you close it and keep Afterburner running it will start up again.

Yes but i keep Afterburner running in the tray all the time. I don't want rivatuner to be running when i'm out of games or not using the OSD stuff. It seems once you've set it up once you can't turn it off and rivatuner is always running alongside Afterburner. I just want to have Afterburner open when i'm out of games - why is rivatuner budges itself on? The only solution is delete profile config files which means each time i want to have OSD in a game i need to configure which stats to show and when i'm done playing i need to delete the config file so rivatuner doesn't keep itself on.

I really wish we just called it Trails, as most people do! tits is just wrong for these games, if you know what I mean.

The same happens to Assassins Creed, people shorten the name to AssCreed, AssRev, AssBro etc.

This is classic.

http://i.imgur.com/Nx7qH4s.jpg[IMG]

Credits to [URL="http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/29/5760480/rise-of-incarnates-enters-alpha-phase-this-weekend"]Polygon[/URL][/QUOTE]

This game looks intetesting, I hope Bamco does the F2P part right.

Just a heads up, GMG has a 22% off voucher, one time use per account only (QUK706-XWFKI6-8UK3NL)

Works on the majority of games including preorders like Arkham Knight and you can use your credits with it as well.

$33 is tempting for Arkham Knight.

Although I'm slightly bitter after the infinite falling bug ate my Origins save......

The same happens to Assassins Creed, people shorten the name to AssCreed, AssRev, AssBro etc.

Don't forget the best one : AssFlags

Authority

Banned

This game looks intetesting, I hope Bamco does the F2P part right.

This is what they said,

On pay-to-win and personalization

All developers seek to avoid pay-to-win situations in their free-to-play titles lest they face the wrath of thousands of upset players. Bandai Namco Games isn't going to make that mistake with Rise of Incarnates according to Baba, they know how delicate of a situation that is and how it can easily negatively impact player's experiences.

&#8220;So the reason that it's free-to-play in the first place is because it's a new genre, new format, new IP, new characters, everything. To have as many people as possible pick up the game and find out why it's entertaining for themselves is why it was free-to-play,&#8221; explains Baba.

&#8220;Since your online is multiplayer against other people being pay-to-win is something we really have to avoid. As such, all the gameplay mechanics are tailored so it doesn't become that and that's why monitization is mostly cosmetic rather than directly affecting gameplay.&#8221;

Outside of that Baba remains relatively tight lipped regarding other methods of monitization. He respectfully declines to explain how acquiring characters will take place. &#8220;In the trailer today we only had four [characters], we'll be releasing more in the future.

&#8220;As far as monitization we can't really talk much about it today we can just say there will be more heroes and stages.&#8221;

Just as in almost every other free-to-play title we assumed Rise of Incarnates would utilize personalization as a method of earning income and while we were correct, Baba doesn't want to say too much. &#8220;[T]he customization you mentioned is one feature of the monitization, the look of your character and such. We can't say exactly what you can customize besides the look but we have a whole lot of customization items that we're creating.&#8221;

With its other free-to-play titles Soulcalibur Lost Swords and Ace Combat Infinity we noticed the recurring trend of utilizing community events as a way to give players the chance to unlock content for themselves. And while Baba says there will be plenty of such contests, he fails to elaborate on the rewards.

&#8220;Obviously, yes [we will have community events],&#8221; he tells us. &#8220;Our target audiences are people who are currently enjoying fighting games and shooters. We would like to participate in actual physical tournaments as well as online tournaments for first person shooter games. Those are things that we are considering.&#8221;

As with any other fighting game, there will be a swath of stages to duke it out on. Outside of New York, which we had hands on time with, and Paris and London, which were revealed in the trailer. Baba doesn't offer us specifics. Like with everything else he says, over time more will be revealed.

&#8220;The game is targeted to the Western audience [but] we want to have people from around the world enjoy the game. Obviously we'll be including other real world locations, places that people are familiar with whether it's somewhere they live or they've seen in movies.

&#8220;But we can't say what they are yet, like the characters that's something that we'll continue to reveal in the coming months."

Read more - Exclusive: 'Rise of Incarnates' leads Bandai Namco's foray into free-to-play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom