• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

No they weren't. Dell is not in the PSN code business.

Their entire shtick is preorder practically any game, get a gift card. All the deals for it are what those retailers offer on nearly everything.

all right, Dell one wasn't. How does have anything to do with topic at hand again? No deals of any kind for PC version so far anywhere.

Rafy

No idea, but I'll give you a template if you want it:

DOOM |OT| MOOD
Doom is a game where you shoot things or die. You can buy it on on any next-gen console or PC. Snapmap.
header.jpg

Official discussion thread.

Good luck!

Nope, I too wanted to share template I made with that person but for the multiplayer form/doc. lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Galak-Z seems fun, but I would never play it in rogue mode (aka "as it was intended")

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why is this punkbuster crap taking 450 years to install?

5f9VIHX.png

Ozium

so who here has bought Doom to tide you over until Overwatch?

any GAF clans?

no one but KR added me on Blizz... I see how it is

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Thing is, I haven't found a recent 2-3 hour game that wasn't vapid shit. They used to know how to do them in the 16 bit days but now you get walking simulators with crappy stories or something that does one gimmick with no interesting variation of application. The quality jump between super short games and something around 8 hours is usually pretty big.

Deques

Thing is, I haven't found a recent 2-3 hour game that wasn't vapid shit. They used to know how to do them in the 16 bit days but now you get walking simulators with crappy stories or something that does one gimmick with no interesting variation of application. The quality jump between super short games and something around 8 hours is usually pretty big.

I agree, the games that are 2-3 hours are mostly games that have been bundled in either IndieGala and BundleStars.

I recently beat Escape Goat, which is around 3 hours long and this is very fun game.

But Extra Credits isn't exactly wrong, I have less and less time to play 40 hours long games

Eila

I liked Kero Blaster.

Rhaknar

I agree, the games that are 2-3 hours are mostly games that have been bundled in either IndieGala and BundleStars.

I recently beat Escape Goat, which is around 3 hours long and this is very fun game.

But Extra Credits isn't exactly wrong, I have less and less time to play 40 hours long games

dude says he would pay 30 bucks to watch one 2 hour hobbit movie. Must be nice being rich

and yes I know he was trying to make a point

Nordicus

Yup. Hoping Jetpack Squad will be one of the good short games worth the money. Intrusion 2 was amazing, beat it multiple times before putting it down.

jZHoseH.gif

mp1990

Banned
I don't know man, I wasn't very keen on DOOM either but after watching the gameplay in the latest NVidia "conference" I couldn't help but get crazy excited for it. With exception of the executions, which still seem like a buzzkill, and some damage sponge enemies, I'm rather enjoying everything we've seen from it so far. Only reason I'm not grabbing it on release is that there's no way in the world my PC will run it, and after playing F.E.A.R on M/KB, I don't want to ever play any FPSs on console again.

To be fair though, I haven't tried the MP while it was on open beta, so you guys probably know more than me.

Dice

Yeah my fav games seem to usually be 8-16 hours, and going by the actual complaints we have all seen that he is referring to (people who want 25-50 hours) I agree that devs shouldn't be adding a bunch of padding or changing the fundamental nature of their games to be longer. I just find that usually if someone has an idea that's actually good, they have a lot of interesting ways to apply it efficiently on a budget and it ends up being longer than the super short games he's defending.

Jawmuncher

I don't know man, I wasn't very keen on DOOM either but after watching the gameplay in the latest NVidia "conference" I couldn't help but get crazy excited for it. With exception of the executions, which still seem like a buzzkill, and some damage sponge enemies, I'm rather enjoying everything we've seen from it so far. Only reason I'm not grabbing it on release is that there's no way in the world my PC will run it, and after playing F.E.A.R on M/KB, I don't want to ever play any FPSs on console again.

To be fair though, I haven't tried the MP while it was on open beta, so you guys probably know more than me.

You could run it. Would probably looks like shot though. If you wanted a playable framerate. Unless your PC is worse off than a Xbox one

Looks like DOOM has perks that increase your movement speed, but I assume you won't get those perks until a few hours into the game.

On another note, DOOM hype has given me the itch to finish Wolfenstein.

Tizoc

You need to stop playing bundle trash then @_@

Minecraft is such a monster. Nº1 for PS3 on both US and EU PSN for April and in the top 10 for PS4 in both regions.
Vita version still in retail chart in Japan making it the longest tracking playstation game ever in the country.

Must be pretty mindblowing to create a game wondering if anyone will even give a fuck about it and watch it become one of the biggest things ever in the industry.

I still haven't played it.

The marketing on doom seems to have been pretty lax. I keep forgetting it's coming out this week.

Well, me too!
But I don't have an interest in the the game in the first place.

Minecraft is such a monster. Nº1 for PS3 on both US and EU PSN for April and in the top 10 for PS4 in both regions.
Vita version still in retail chart in Japan making it the longest tracking playstation game ever in the country.

Must be pretty mindblowing to create a game wondering if anyone will even give a fuck about it and watch it become one of the biggest things ever in the industry.

I still haven't played it.

I must be the only gamer in the world who hasn't played Minecraft yet.

mp1990

Banned
Tell me the good 2-3 hour games.
I could give you quite a few examples, but the first one to come to mind was Momodora 3. It's weird that the sequel was way more acclaimed but it didn't left such an impact on me as the former game did.

Rhaknar

I could give you quite a few examples, but the first one to come to mind was Momodora 3. It's weird that the sequel was way more acclaimed but it didn't left such an impact on me as the former game did.

Momodora 3 was great, but I wouldnt pay 15 or 20 euros for it. Hell I wouldnt pay 10 for it.

Dice

I have all these games, I'll try them. I already played the higher budget and fleshed out Escape Goat 2, though. Intrusion 2 seems interesting in that those games usually have a scoring system for replaying which is the whole point but it does not appear to from videos I see.

Deques

I have all these games, I'll try them. I already played the higher budget and fleshed out Escape Goat 2, though. Intrusion 2 seems interesting in that those games usually have a scoring system for replaying which is the whole point but it does not appear to from videos I see.

There is no scoring system in Intrusion 2. It's just a regular platformer game

Hektor

I prefer shorter games over longer ones.
Well, actually id still prefer longer ones, but most long games that aren't RPGs are so full of boring filler nowadays, that I'd rather have a game without all the fat in it.

Ultimately getting a good experience is more important for me than its lenght. And it feels like the shorter games are currently better at delivering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom