• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam: Perils of Summer Sale from June 24 to July 4 (Save up to 95% off)

graywolf323

Diablohead said:
One day you might be snowed in by 20 feet of snow or zombies roaming the streets, least you will have plenty to do!

if that happens I think you will have plenty to worry about and do :lol

watatatow

Corran Horn said:
If someone is doing a Borderlands or L4D2 4 pack, Im down to join (paypal)
Cuban Legend said:
That makes two of us , I'm in for a L4D2 4-pack. (paypal as well).
I'll also join in on the L4D2 4-pack (also got Paypal). ReconYoda also said this on the previous page:
ReconYoda said:
EDIT. Im looking to get in on any of the 4-pack deals, i have paypal
So I think we should be good if he's still interested.

EDIT: For clarity & "CTRL + F" convenience.

Recon

Banned
hey guys, i went ahead and bought a 4 pack of borderlands, i have two left, ill make it even cheaper for my gaf friends and only charge $7 instead of $7.64, so, first two pms get it

Zzoram

The only thing I bought was Tropico 3: Absolute Power. I put 58 hours into Tropico 3 so I figured the expansion was worth it for $6.79, especially since it improves some of the UI elements and tutorial in addition to adding missions, buildings, edicts, and a political faction.

Nabs

My Take

Devil May Cry 4
FUEL
DiRT
Bionic Commando + Rearmed
Beat Hazard
Max and the Magic Marker
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Winterbottom
Shatter
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage (NA)
Grand Theft Auto IV (US/AU)
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West
Ghostbusters: The Videogame
Dirt 2

I may pick up Trine and Red Faction as well.

Big-E

Just finished Bioshock 2 and it was really well done I thought for a sequel to a game that really didn't need a sequel. Well worth the 15 dollars and has a decent length. Thanks you Steam for putting games on sale that I would never have bought at retail prices.

Billen

Banned
Credit card declined. God damnit.

And now it says internal error. The cards are working and loaded with money. Any other europeans experiencing problems currently?

So now that the daily deals are over, is there a list of some good games that are on sale, that havent been daily deals?

I realize that list could be huge, but I dunno, I like buying things on steam, haha, kinda just lookin for random suggestions of sweet games for great deals.

watatatow

Alright, I went ahead and bought the L4D2 4-pack.

Corran Horn, Cuban Legend, ReconYoda. If you're in, please send me a PM so we can work this out ASAP.

Also, I've never done this before, so I'm gonna have to figure out how to gift those 3 other copies unless somebody tells me how to right away.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. On the gifts part, I mean. I still have those 3 extra copies and am looking to get rid of them ASAP.

Blizzard

Banned
Nobiru said:
So now that the daily deals are over, is there a list of some good games that are on sale, that havent been daily deals?

I realize that list could be huge, but I dunno, I like buying things on steam, haha, kinda just lookin for random suggestions of sweet games for great deals.
From a page or two earlier:
speculawyer said:
Good idea. Here are some:
Kings Bounty ~$3
THQ Complete $50
TellTale Complete $50
Garry's Mod 33% (It never goes on sale.)
Toki Tori $2.50
Bad Rats (silly indie physics game but I got $0.95 of fun out of it.)
Puzzle Kingdom (IdbuyTHATforaDollar.gif)
Introversion Complete pack for ~87% off! (Defcon, Darwinia, Uplink, Multiwinia)
Call of Duty Pack $30
Any 1C game that you are interested in since they are 75% off.
All the Codemasters Racers . . . consider the pack.
Machinarium
I have seen Garry's Mod on sale like once, and I think I got it then. I will second the recommendation for:

Toki Tori (cute little puzzle game)

Introversion pack (Darwinia was eh, kinda interesting, Defcon is good I hear, Uplink is interesting if you can read the font and the idea of a hacking simulator sounds at all interesting to you)

King's Bounty (Javaman has like 60 hours into the first game alone...it's a turn-based strategy/adventure/RPG game as far as I can tell, and the soundtrack seems to be awesome). The soundtrack should just be in .ogg format when you install the game, I think (and hope). Example song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jyDFm_FTws&feature=related

Gifts:
10,98€ Best of the Underground, The Mawesome Pack
5,--€ Red Faction Guerrilla
1,99€ Time Gentlemen, Please!
1,99€ Winterbottom
1,24€ Full Pipe

Myself:
4,99€ Star Wars: Empire at War Gold
2,99€ Thief: Deadly Shadows
2,--€ Shatter
5,--€ Red Faction Guerrilla
7,50€ SSHD Double Pack (ROW)
2,49€ Delta Force 2
6,79€ Tropico 3: Absolute Power
4,98€ The Deus Ex Collection

eznark

Banned
Damn, was really hoping for that 1C sale to come back. Guess I will round out my purchases with KBG and some Borderlands DLC. All in all, not that big a haul for me through the whole sale. Spent under $25 I'm guessing.

watatatow said:

Corran Horn, Cuban Legend, ReconYoda. If you're in, please send me a PM so we can work this out ASAP.

Also, I've never done this before, so I'm gonna have to figure out how to gift those 3 other copies unless somebody tells me how to right away.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. On the gifts part, I mean. I still have those 3 extra copies and am looking to get rid of them ASAP.
PM Sent, am on steam & paypal ready & waiting. :)

EDIT: What a smooth transaction, pleasure doing business with you, Kind Sir!

Gotta Love GAF. :')

Blizzard said:
From a page or two earlier:

I have seen Garry's Mod on sale like once, and I think I got it then. I will second the recommendation for:

Toki Tori (cute little puzzle game)

Introversion pack (Darwinia was eh, kinda interesting, Defcon is good I hear, Uplink is interesting if you can read the font and the idea of a hacking simulator sounds at all interesting to you)

King's Bounty (Javaman has like 60 hours into the first game alone...it's a turn-based strategy/adventure/RPG game as far as I can tell, and the soundtrack seems to be awesome). The soundtrack should just be in .ogg format when you install the game, I think (and hope). Example song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jyDFm_FTws&feature=related

Thanks, I will pick up a few of those I dont have, Toki Tori looks fun, haha

CoachKevin said:
Is there any reason to own GTA4 on PC (running a 4850 and a 2.66 i5) if I already have it on 360?

Well you have an i5 so performance should be way waaaaay better than the 360, so that shouldnt be a problem.

Then you have the video editor (biggest reason i own the PC version), 32 player MP (and its free), new suits in the stores, higher resolution graphics etc, switch between M&KB and 360 pad on the fly.

Then theres the uber graphics and car mods if your into that :)

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
RedSwirl said:
Tell the truth: out of all the games you own through Steam, how many did you actually pay full price for?

I paid full price for nine games, out of 83.
0/76

Then again I don't pay full price for anything.

Aselith

watatatow said:

If you have the extra copies still, I'm buying. We can arrange? Is good?

Spent the most today. Decided to spring on the CoD pack. Been meaning to try out 4 on the PC and getting the rest in the series minus MW2 was too good of a deal to pass up.

Ouch.

CoachKevin said:
Is there any reason to own GTA4 on PC (running a 4850 and a 2.66 i5) if I already have it on 360?
Whats been mentioned before plus : you can re-earn the achievements as its the GFWL PC version of the game.

-ENBSeries MOD deserves an individual mention

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Stop It said:
Yes, although as my Steam account now says I own 180 games I may have took that idea a bit too far...

286 games here with 2 in my cart :lol

Oh god what I am doing...

Roofy

the damage done during this sale:

Mirros Edge - 4.99
Dead Space - 9.99
Cryostasis - 3.24
Overlord Complete Pack - 4.50
Unreal Deal - 13.60
Zeno Clash - 3.75
Half Life 1 - 1.99
Flotilla - 2.50
Europa Universalis III:Complete - 10.20
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage - 2.00
Red Orchestra - 2.50
Red Faction: Guerilla - 5.00
The Guild II + Pirates of the European Seas - 6.25
PB Winterbottom - 2.49
Thief: Deadly Shadows - 2.99
Half Life 2 - 3.39
Star Wars: Empire At War - 4.99
Left 4 Dead - 5.10
Borderlands - 8.94
All Borderlands DLC - 10.17
Introversion Complete Pack - 5.00
Chrome + Chrome: Specforce - 1.99
Men of War: Gold Edition - 8.74
Death Track: Resurrection - 1.74
SlamIt Pinball: Big Score - 1.69
Best of the Underground - 4.99
And Yet It Moves - 4.99
The Mawesome Pack - 5.99
Gratuitous Space Battles - 9.99 <----------- (my wallet says fuck you Tyler Barber)
Clive Barker's Jericho - 1.69
Puzzle Kingdoms - 1.00
Sacraboar - 2.00
Birth of America - 1.50
Bad Rats: the Rats Revenge - 0.95
Time Gentlemen, Please! - 2.49
Painkiller: Black Edition - 4.99
King's Bounty: The Legend - 3.24

TOTAL: 157.43 USD

:(

drkOne

Thankfully I already had a lot of the games from previous sales, so for me it was:

Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West
EVE Online
Flotilla
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men
Shatter
The Void
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Sam and Max: The Devils Playhouse

Total: 45.7 EUR

Aselith

Please to allow me into your L4D2 4 pack. I have money ready to roll and I am FOR SURE in. Make it happen, Neogaf.

Fuck it. I'm tired of looking for a group. Boughted for 10.

Billen said:
Credit card declined. God damnit.

And now it says internal error. The cards are working and loaded with money. Any other europeans experiencing problems currently?
It's giving me an "unexpected error". I'm trying with paypal, though. :(

watatatow

Aselith said:
Please to allow me into your L4D2 4 pack. I have money ready to roll and I am FOR SURE in. Make it happen, Neogaf.

Fuck it. I'm tired of looking for a group. Boughted for 10.
That's too bad, man. 2 other dudes sent me PMs, like, right after you did.

Salsa

dammit at "best of" and no CS:Source, wich is the only thing i regret not buying.

Oh well, off to find cheap indie games to spend my 10 bucks left on.

edit: any recomendations btw ?

squinters

astigmatic
Have $20 to spend.

Should I get Civ IV complete pack along with Cryostasis and Men of War?

Or get ArmA 2? (got an i7 and 5850, so performance shouldn't matter).

Jubs

Was kinda hoping for a daily deal on Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Like 50-75% off. Oh well... I guess $6.69 will be the lowest it'll go.

Aselith

watatatow said:
12 bags of ramen, bro.

Ramen.

12 bags.

Why you gotta make me sad?

squinters said:
Have $20 to spend.

Should I get Civ IV complete pack along with Cryostasis and Men of War?

Or get ArmA 2? (got an i7 and 5850, so performance shouldn't matter).

The answer is always Civ 4.

Erudite

TheFatOne said:
Which Borderlands DLC is the best one to buy? Also what are some games that are not in the daily deals that I should buy.
General Knoxx. On top of a new area to explore, it raises the level cap

John

Steam's Library>Downloads page is kinda weird. It says I'm getting 0kb/s on one game but the "Downloaded" field keeps increasing. I don't even remember telling it to download that game

Gah, I'd already bought the Left 4 Dead bundle when L4D1 was on sale. If I'd waited and bought them separately I'd have saved 10 bucks. :(

Top Bottom