• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam: Perils of Summer Sale from June 24 to July 4 (Save up to 95% off)

Civ 4 complete for $10. I mean I already own Civ 4 but I don't have the expansions, and those alone would cost more than the $10 I'd be spending here. Should probably do that...

Johann

Lazy vs Crazy said:
Civ 4 complete for $10. I mean I already own Civ 4 but I don't have the expansions, and those alone would cost more than the $10 I'd be spending here. Should probably do that...

CiIV without Beyond the Sword is like... Starcraft without Broodwar. It's so bland without Beyond the Sword's additions.

Max

I am not Max
Both Necrovison and The Witcher got to 100% completion but I verified the game files afterward for both and Necrovision is missing 2.5GB and 713MB is missing from The Witcher.

The fuck Steam?

watatatow

Cuban Legend said:
The hell you get your Ramen? What kind? I get 3 bags fo3 $3. :[
Yeah, what "I <3 Memes" said. Unless it's extra large-sized or something, whoever you're getting your ramen from is ripping you off.

EDIT: Well that's not as bad. Also, Montreal & Mr. Noodles, lol.

Dizzy-4U

So, I'm checking every genre to see if I can snatch anything interesting before the deal ends.

Say, Is Spellforce any good?

(dont remember well some of the prices)
Beat Hazard
Bioshock
GhostMaster
GTA San Andreas
The Guild II - Pirates of the European Seas
Left for Dead 2 7.50€
Shatter

23,50€
:D

Steam is awesome!

kamspy

SalsaShark said:
dammit at "best of" and no CS:Source, wich is the only thing i regret not buying.

Oh well, off to find cheap indie games to spend my 10 bucks left on.

edit: any recomendations btw ?

Men of War
Necrovision
Thief

$10 well spent.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck it, I'll get Railworks. How bad can it be?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
John said:
Your wife will leave you after you buy the $700 in DLC. It's not worth it.

Too late! :O No wife and no intention to buy DLC. There IS a game inside it, right?

Right?

--wind howls--

Easy_D

never left the stone age
kamspy said:
Men of War
Necrovision
Thief

$10 well spent.
What's Necrovision like? The trailer reminds me of Painkiller, similar to that or are the levels less arena-like?

Salsa

kamspy said:
Men of War
Necrovision
Thief

$10 well spent.

What about the Introversion complete pack ?

Dont know nothing about those games (the ones in the pack i mean), but they sure look interesting.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
watatatow said:
Good god, I though you were kidding. What the fuck.

I know, right? End total is like $713. No game is good enough for that.

Blizzard

Banned
SalsaShark said:
What about the Introversion complete pack ?

Dont know nothing about those games (the ones in the pack i mean), but they sure look interesting.
There were some recommendation posts on the last couple of pages, like King's Bounty for $3-4 as well. If you want more specific information on Introversion:

Darwinia: It's kind of a real-time strategy game where you control little pixel men to defeat "viruses" or something inside a computer, they look like worms and spiders and stuff. Things explode into little polygons. It's kind of neat and kind of clunky.

Multiwinia: Darwinia with multiplayer. I haven't tried it and I don't know if it's better or worse.

Defcon: You nuke the world. I assume it has online multiplayer but you might want to make sure. People seem to like it.

Uplink: It's a hacking "simulator". You basically get a desktop and you can run programs and bring up windows and stuff. The font is a little small for my tastes. You get a list of missions, and you hack into systems, copy files, delete things, try not to get traced, upgrade your hardware so you can do it better, etc.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Submarino Conversível said:
A lot of people recommended Machinarium. I'll sure buy it this time.

I just grabbed it and I regret not having picked it up until now. What a beautiful little game.

Karram

The Mawesome Pack 5.99 USD
Ghostbusters: The Videogame 4.00 USD
Resident Evil 5 12.50 USD
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West 5.10 USD
Left 4 Dead 2 10.20 USD
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition 9.99 USD
Flotilla 2.50 USD
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men 4.99 USD
Monkey Island Complete Pack 11.90 USD
Shatter 2.50 USD
Red Faction Guerrilla 5.00 USD
Red Orchestra 2.50 USD
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage (ROW) 2.00 USD
Thief: Deadly Shadows 2.99 USD
Winterbottom 2.49 USD
Madballs in... Babo:Invasion 1.99 USD
Time Gentlemen, Please! 2.49 USD
Beat Hazard 2.49 USD
Just Cause 2 24.99 USD
Machinarium 9.99 USD
Killing Floor 3.74 USD

Total: 130.34 USD

I can't stop playing killing floor, so addictive even as a beginner who knows nothing about the maps and good guns :lol

Was I the only one who bought the scourge project? seems like it.

Salsa

Blizzard said:
There were some recommendation posts on the last couple of pages, like King's Bounty for $3-4 as well. If you want more specific information on Introversion:

Darwinia: It's kind of a real-time strategy game where you control little pixel men to defeat "viruses" or something inside a computer, they look like worms and spiders and stuff. Things explode into little polygons. It's kind of neat and kind of clunky.

Multiwinia: Darwinia with multiplayer. I haven't tried it and I don't know if it's better or worse.

Defcon: You nuke the world. I assume it has online multiplayer but you might want to make sure. People seem to like it.

Uplink: It's a hacking "simulator". You basically get a desktop and you can run programs and bring up windows and stuff. The font is a little small for my tastes. You get a list of missions, and you hack into systems, copy files, delete things, try not to get traced, upgrade your hardware so you can do it better, etc.

Thanks a lot. Im gonna see what else is out there, but this sounds good.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, after buying it for £1.75 the other day, I have finally got round to trying Beat Hazard.

Christ, the game is awesome. A cross between Geo Wars and Audiosurf. After trying a few tracks on Easy, I went for "Master Passion Greed" by Nightwish on Normal and my eyes fell off. While I think being a semi-ok Geo Wars player helped, when the music kicks up and the colours go ballistic, it is VERY hard to keep track of what you're doing, let alone trying to avoid a siezure.

It is still only £3.49, if you like Geo Wars, and your eyes to be melted, buy the game, RIGHT NOW.
SalsaShark said:
Thanks a lot. Im gonna see what else is out there, but this sounds good.
Stop looking at other stuff and buy the Introversion pack already! It is worth it for DEFCON alone, which is deeper than I ever could have imagined it to be, and yes, it has online play, which is fantastic if you're on voice comes with them.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
maybe someone can answer me this...

i live in germany and got borderlands gifted by a nice gaf member from the USA so that i can play the uncut version (there is only a cut version in the german steam store).

my question is what happens should i buy DLC through the german store? will it also be uncut cause the game is or will things go crazy and it is cut in parts and in others not?

and some opinions about the DLC would be nice. i heard general knoxx is the only one worth buying?

mileS

I'm a huge Audiosurf fan but the Beat Hazard demo didn't do much for me. I guess I don't like the sound effects that play along with the song you're playing. Maybe theres an option to turn that off but I didn't notice it.

Twig

Banned
Bonfires Down said:
Ghost Master $0.95 people!

I didn't actually play it yet but the reviews are good and it looks fun.
Sold. I don't even know what the actual game is but the title and price alone make me want it.

Also Bad Rats.

And Fuel.

But hmmmm still trying to figure out what else I want. There's quite a bit 1C stuff I'd love to buy but missing that glitch sale in the beginning is STILL leaving a bitter taste in my mouth and I don't want to spend money on any of that now. ):

Volcynika

CapnDrake was playing Ziro and said it was pretty good, so I picked it up and got it for $2.37 and it's actually not that bad. Moving blocks around with different things to deal with, nice little time waster puzzle game. Though the developers can't spell (the achievements themselves are kinda off) and they keep trying to tell you things between each couple of levels to help the environment. It's like "...what?" :lol

Audiosurf - GIFT
Borderlands
Borderlands DLC 3 Noxx
Introversion Pack
L4D2
Puzzle Kingdoms
Shatter
Tales of Monkey Island Pack
THQ Pack
Thief 3
Torchlight
Trine
The Witcher Enhanced Editon
Zeno Clash
World of Goo - GIFT

Oh god...

Salsa

Red Faction: Guerrilla + Toki Tori + Dark Void Zero are on the cart.

I think thats the best i can do with 10
bucks.

Kritz

Banned
Alright, time to tally up how much I've spent this sale.

Saint's Row 2* - $3.74
Street Fighter IV* - $9.99
Zeno Clash - $3.75
Lead and Gold - $5.10
Serious Sam Double Pack** - $7.50
Cryostasis - $3.24
TellTale Everything Pack - $49.99

= $83.31

$83 for 7 games + however many games are in the TellTale pack. That's less than a single game purchased at retail in Australia.

* Games I'm double dipping on
** I already owned SSFEHD, but the double pack was still less than SSSEHD normally.

mileS said:
I'm a huge Audiosurf fan but the Beat Hazard demo didn't do much for me. I guess I don't like the sound effects that play along with the song you're playing. Maybe theres an option to turn that off but I didn't notice it.

The quality of Beat Hazard is determined by how loud your music collection is. Unlike audiosurf, Beat Hazard breaks the moment you play a slow or quiet song. And as far as I know there's no way to disable the sound effects, but thankfully they're pretty muted.

John

Kritz said:
The quality of Beat Hazard is determined by how loud your music collection is. Unlike audiosurf, Beat Hazard breaks the moment you play a slow or quiet song. And as far as I know there's no way to disable the sound effects, but thankfully they're pretty muted.
Is there any way to normalize the audio within the game, without editing the music files themselves? Most classical is well below the maximum volume

Truespeed

The_Super_Inframan said:

i live in germany and got borderlands gifted by a nice gaf member from the USA so that i can play the uncut version (there is only a cut version in the german steam store).

my question is what happens should i buy DLC through the german store? will it also be uncut cause the game is or will things go crazy and it is cut in parts and in others not?

and some opinions about the DLC would be nice. i heard general knoxx is the only one worth buying?

This is only a calculated guess, but it's usually the main game that censures the content and not the DLC. It would be inefficient for them to provide multiple versions of DLC when all they would have to do is to modify the main game to display or censor content.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So, now that the sale is almost over, any recommendations? Hidden gems that might go unnoticed?

I need something to wash out the taste of RE5 from my mouth :lol.

NIN90

The_Super_Inframan said:

I think you will need the US DLC. Just go the safe route and get some US gaffer to gift it to you.

RJT

Made it through the sales without buying anything. I'm proud of myself :D

I did buy Deus Ex on the 10th anniversary sale, só i'm not entirely a bad person.

Top Bottom