• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam: Perils of Summer Sale from June 24 to July 4 (Save up to 95% off)

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Affeinvasion said:
Ghost Master is 95 cents.
I tried the demo for that a few years back, didn't like it that much, it was kind of neat for a demo I guess but even that demo level had me bored halfway through. :(

tadcalabash

Neo Member
Made it through mostly unscathed, unlike last Christmas.

Left 4 Dead 2
Zeno Clash
Osmos
Introversion Complete Pack
Shatter
Thief: Deadly Shadows

Why do I find limited time consumerism so exciting?

Sunflower said:
Fuck it, I'll get Railworks. How bad can it be?
Sunflower said:
Too late! :O No wife and no intention to buy DLC. There IS a game inside it, right?

Right?

--wind howls--
Holy shit someone bought RailWorks. Now you need to start up the official thread and make sure to list every piece of DLC in the OP.

K.Jack said:
Opinions on Space Wolves?

We talked about it a couple of pages back, kind of awesome.

Mix between Homeworld and Dawn of War(3D space rts with a small squad that has diablo like skilltree, lots of loot and such). No base building and which missions you take decide which faction you support(replayablility).

Nothing like smashing into the enemy armada with your mothership nuking the shit out of them(i.e. suicide) and just when they have your big ship pinned your stealthed fighters out on the flanks rain missiles down on them. :D

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
thanks Truespeed & NIN90 for your answers.
someone else also said that i should get the US DLC cause the game will be cut should i buy the german DLC.

already got the US DLC gifted so everything should be fine :)

Salsa

Oh god dammit.

I bought Red Faction and Trine, but it seems i cant buy Toki Tori and it must be for those extra .40 cents i spent on the Freedom Force pack by missclicking :lol

Can somebody help me out ? the game is 2.5usd. Ill paypal you whatever`s on this credit card right now and the rest tomorrow.

Man i should get a new tag for pulling this crap all the time :lol at least im known for paying :p

kswiston

RedSwirl said:
Tell the truth: out of all the games you own through Steam, how many did you actually pay full price for?

I paid full price for nine games, out of 83.

What do you mean by full price? $49.99? In that case 1 out of 200 games (Mass Effect 2).

I have purchases 2 or 3 others that weren't on sale, but their "full price" was $5-10. Toki Tori comes to mind.

Sysgen

Nothing for me the last couple days. My bargain hunting is done. Few tidbits I had my eye on that I didn't consider enough of a bargain but I have enough to last me till Christmas and beyond.

Code:
Shatter					2.50
Full Pipe				1.24 
Avencast				2.49
Winterbottom				2.49
Crash Time 2				4.99
Crash Time III				6.79
Red Orchestra				2.50
Death to Spies: Gold			8.74
Thief: Deadly Shadows			2.99
Half-Life 2: Episode One		2.71
Half-Life 2: Episode Two		2.71
Death Track: Resurrection		1.74 
Overlord Complete Pack			4.50 
SlamIt Pinball: Big Score		1.69 
Bad Rats: the Rats Revenge		0.95 
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage (NA)		2.00
Space Empires IV and V Pack		6.79
Ghostbusters: The Videogame		4.00
Buccaneer: The Pursuit of Infamy	2.50 
Introversion Pack                       5.00
------------------------------------------------------
27 Games			        $69.32 ($2.56 per)

Loving Flatout:UC

Fouc2010-07-0415-38-46-70.jpg

Oh come on, Ubi. . . . It costs $0.03 MORE if you buy the Rainbow Six pack instead of buying them individually. Well, I'm certainly not going to buy the pack then.

Won

Got myself:

Overlord Complete Pack
Shatter
Winterbottom
Tropico 3

15,98€

Acceptable outcome.

Already spent time with all of them.
Overlord - fun, but I lost my whole minion army to a random mine. now I'm not motivated to continue. :(
Shatter - was neat and has nice music. Need to come back to it and do some high scores.
Winterbottom - Disappointed at the puzzle design and variety, but still ok.
Tropico 3 - Since Dawn of Discovery doesn't want to drop in price and/or do a proper sale I will just play the competition! So far it is melting my time away. Will probably grab the DLC before the sale is over.

Hinomura

My summer deals ended... this is the loot (deal of the day + discountend games):

24/06
Bioshock 2

25/06
Cryostasis
Defense Grid Map Pack 1-4 (missed the 50% discount)
Galcon Fusion
Ghostbusters (nice laughs for a couple hours)
Resident Evil 5 (runs like charm, as expected)

27/06
Dark Fall: Lost Souls
Dark Void Zero (as soon as someone told it's a Capcom Metroidvania :))
Flotilla
Gothic 2+3 Bundle (just in time for 1,99 eur)
NecroVision
NecroVision: Lost Company
Windosill (had fun with the demo, felt to support developer)

29/06
Arma II (spent just a bit of time on it, graphically is impressive)

02/07
Beat Hazard (pretty game, maybe it gets a bit too unclear to read while everything explodes and/or shoots)
Borderlands + all DLC (love and hate. Love the setting, appreciate gameplay, hate the freezes* :/)
Max and the Magic Marker (played it a bit, I found it a nice "physic" platformer)

03/07
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Devil May Cry 4
Just Cause 2 (played a bit, it seems a huge step over the first one)
Mount and Blade
Mount and Blade: Warband

04/07
Northern Lights Indies - Summer 2010 (pretty interested in three of them, they didn't go on sale singularly, so I took the whole pack)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
Space Giraffe + Gridrunner (support the llamas! :))

Games I almost bought but I didn't:

Dragon Age Origins + Awakening:
Awkward euro price. I can find them boxed for about 36USD, while they were about 63USD in daily sale: it's 75% more. I'm going to wait patiently for price drop and a new sale ;)

Mass Effect 2:
About 40USD on sale (again, euro price) I think it's a bit pricey and I have yet to play the first one.

Prototype: (*forgot to mention this yesterday*)
Again, crazy euro price. Boxed version costs almost half the steam deal price... Waiting for price drop and a new deal.

* About Borderlands: I have bad freeze issues while playing it. i7 860, gtx 275, 8gb, win7@64, no OC, whql drivers, excellent ventilation, no overheating, anything else I've played with this rig runs flawlessly. Finally it seems I stopped the freezing by lowering the resolution from 1920x1200 to 1280x720 (I -do- hope to have resolved it). It seems freezing occoured displaying huge particles effects in close range like explosions, blood splattering, slimey spits and so on. I'll be happy for a patch, Gearbox!

Gratuitous Space Battles - $10
King's Bounty: Gold Edition - $10
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold - $5
Introversion Complete Pack - Summer 2010 - $5
Shatter - $2.50
Europa Universalis III: Complete + Heir - $17
Flotilla - $2.50
Ghost Master - $1
Resident Evil 5 - $12.50
Ghostbusters: The Videogame - $4

Total: $69.50

Not so bad.

1-D_FTW

Twig said:
Sold. I don't even know what the actual game is but the title and price alone make me want it.

Also Bad Rats.

And Fuel.

But hmmmm still trying to figure out what else I want. There's quite a bit 1C stuff I'd love to buy but missing that glitch sale in the beginning is STILL leaving a bitter taste in my mouth and I don't want to spend money on any of that now. ):

:lol Same here. I figure I'll wait for more big sale before caving. Maybe they'll take a hint and offer something like that again.

bee

saints row 2 in co-op has been literally making me laugh out loud, so much fun and it looks pretty good all maxed out too

IMACOMPUTA

Bought Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 platinum and Ghost master.
Ghost master looks to be just like that old sega game.. (cant remember the name)

Something featuring somebody. lol
Same exact thing.
I loved that game! (pretty sure it was an EA game)
Hated when you ran out of juice and had to go in the sewer or whatever it was.

EDIT: The Haunting! starring Polterguy lol
This game is awesome

Just caved and bought Tropico 3. Will probably make one more purchase tonight to solidify my PC library until xmas.

As an owner of all three current gen consoles, I finally see why PC games don't feel the need to do the same. So many great and unique games on the PC platform.

oh man red faction guerrilla is fun on pc

i forced direct x9 mode (in steam its: select RFG in list > right click properties > set launch options button > type -nod3d10 > hit ok), and used the mod manager and its everything I ever wanted from the console game (with mods) like god mode, the walkers in my safehouses, infinite ammo, extra damage explosives (999 of them!) and the map fully unlocked with no story mode needed from the get go!

my rig is pretty mid/low end now (cpu wise at least) and after owning the 360 version I think it still runs a little better at 1920x1080 high everything in dx9 mode (seems like a good 30+ fps and doesnt really dip even when alot of stuff is collapsing, although it was dipping pretty badly when in directx10 mode.

e6850 c2d @ 3ghz
280 gtx
2 gigs ram
win7 64

Bunny

picked up killing floor.

ended up with borderlands and killing floor out of this sale for a total of $13, not too shabby.

Aon

Birth of America 1.50 USD
King's Bounty: The Legend 3.24 USD
Port Royale 2 1.50 USD
Patricians and Merchants 5.09 USD
Clive Barker's Jericho (ROW) 1.69 USD
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena 6.79 USD
Puzzle Kingdoms 1.00 USD
Freedom 1.87 USD
Titan Quest Gold 3.74 USD
Shatter 2.50 USD
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage 2.00 USD
EVE Online 1.99 USD
Zeno Clash 3.75 USD
Cryostasis
Indigo Prophecy
Overlord Pack
Majesty 1 Gold
Space Empires IV

Total Price: More than I can afford. :lol

Flatout gets a recommendation from me, great physics engine accompanied by an unintrusive racing game.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
ZombieSupaStar said:

i forced direct x9 mode (in steam its: select RFG in list > right click properties > set launch options button > type -nod3d10 > hit ok), and used the mod manager and its everything I ever wanted from the console game (with mods) like god mode, the walkers in my safehouses, infinite ammo, extra damage explosives (999 of them!) and the map fully unlocked with no story mode needed from the get go!

my rig is pretty mid/low end now (cpu wise at least) and after owning the 360 version I think it still runs a little better at 1920x1080 high everything in dx9 mode (seems like a good 30+ fps and doesnt really dip even when alot of stuff is collapsing, although it was dipping pretty badly when in directx10 mode.

e6850 c2d @ 3ghz
280 gtx
2 gigs ram
win7 64

for someone with an eye for tweaking, you've got that e6850 clocked awful low. any reason for that?

Ponn

Banned
AHHHH FU PC GAF!! I just pre-order Monkey Island 2 and got Monkey Island for free. There is absolutely no game drought for me this summer. I was planning on trying to play through Fallout 3 and all the DLC I got for that on my Xbox this summer but now I have all this Steam library to distract me. At least it gives me an excuse to skip out on Summer Arcade and wait for the price drops on those games.

Dynamic3

Update: Anyone still looking to get in on a L4D ($5.10, 1 left), L4D2 ($7.65), or Borderlands ($7.65, 2 left) 4-pack, PM me.

Ghost Master is 95 cents?? Folks, it's certainly not the greatest game ever but it's worth 95 cents. Fun, different game...especially if you like the "hands off" sim-style games, like The Sims or even Dungeon Keeper. I enjoyed it...frustrating at times but different enough to keep me going.

ghst said:
for someone with an eye for tweaking, you've got that e6850 clocked awful low. any reason for that?

i dont overclock, so its running stock. im just a wuss like that, hell last overclocked thing I had was my bfg 7800gt (that bfg themselves overclocks before they ship, then lifetime gurantees) :lol

Recon

Banned
anyone else having horrible download times on their games? Borderlands stops and starts alot, and is going on 3 hours since i started it....

Holy shit, I completely forgot Starcraft 2 comes out in three weeks. :lol

ReconYoda said:
anyone else having horrible download times on their games? Borderlands stops and starts alot, and is going on 3 hours since i started it....

This isn't how it normally is. The servers are getting hammered.

bee

ZombieSupaStar said:

e6850 c2d @ 3ghz
280 gtx
2 gigs ram
win7 64

mods eh, didn't know the game had any. don't suppose there's one that removes the crosshair is there? been searching but cant find one, game works great in 3D just the crosshair is 2D

Purchases

$21.88 Civ IV: The Complete Edition & Monkey Island Complete Pack
$2.99 Thief: Deadly Shadows
$2.50 Shatter
$5.00 Red Faction Guerrilla
$10.20 Left 4 Dead 2
$5.10 Lead and Gold---- Purchased for someone as a gift
$10.79 The Witcher & Trine

Spent ~$55.

Shaneus

The Damage (aka "I bought THAT much?")
Indigo Prophecy - $3.39
Ghostbusters - $4
The Witcher - $6.79
Overlord pack - $4.50
Introversion pack - $5
Trine - $4
Zeno Clash - $3.75
Civ 4 pack - $10
Red Faction Guerrilla (ever so kindly gifted by someone, despite having every intention of purchasing it!)
Shatter - $2.50
The Void - $5
FlatOut - $2
The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom - $2.49
Saint's Row 2 - $7.49
Max and the Magic Marker - $5
Just Cause 2 + DLC - $30
Freedom Pack - $1.79
Total: $97.70.

Definitely felt like I spent more... maybe it just seemed so with the EA sale on a few days beforehand. Glad I didn't pick up any big packs though, that would've killed me. Only thing I regret not picking up for cheap is Kane & Lynch. That was a fucking steal.

Edit:
speculawyer said:
Yeah . . . it is good, but it is such a blatant Burnout Revenge rip-off. Even the UI and color scheme are similar.

But I gotta say, it was a great buy at $2.

http://www.funkymonkeygames.co.uk/wp-content/themes/2008/06/burnout-3-takedown-c.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Has Revenge ever been/will be on sale? I'd imagine it would go fairly cheap if it was.

Cartman86

Banned
Cryostasis
Indigo Prophecy
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 4
Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 3
Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 2
Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 1
Defense Grid: The Awakening
TellTale Everything Pack - Summer 2010
Freedom Force Pack
World of Goo
Introversion Complete Pack - Summer 2010
Winterbottom
Star Wars Galaxies (I am insane)
Shatter
Torchlight
Grand Theft Auto IV
Osmos
Oddworld Abes Oddysee and Exoddus package
Zeno Clash
Audiosurf
Trine

$138.02 :(

Oreoleo

The Witcher
Cryostasis
Flotilla
Kane and Lynch
The Void
Flatout UC
Shatter
Stalker: CoP (Never had a daily deal :sob:)

$40.41.... way less than what I would have guessed how much I thought I'd be spending a week ago. Almost makes me want to buy another game or two...

My purchases:

2x FlatOut (one for me, one for girlfriend) = 4 bucks
Civ IV Complete Edition = 10 bucks
Puzzle Kingdom = 1 buck
Audiosurf = 3 bucks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total = 18 bucks = 72 pesos in my country.

Not to bad, and lots of hours to spend now :D

Top Bottom