• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monooboe

I hear Half Life 2 is great.

8EFvzPC.gif

Yeah looking forward to that.:D Considering if I should get those Hydras or just stick with the xbox controller.

Shadownet

Banned
....how many AMD codes did you pick up??
12 Gold Codes and 1 Bronze Codes. I'm trying to see if I can get more.

447.20 dollars. The normal VAT I guess by it became much more than I've planned, but still, I need it!:D

Monooboe.. *serious face* I leave in your hands a very important task.

You must share with us your experience once you get a chance to play with the Oculus Rift.
The faith of the world depends on it.

Shadownet, I will give you like, three fitty for Alien Isolation

Three fifty what? Answer carefully if you wanna live.

@DocSeuss charged me up the nose for those AMD codes. XD
I kid. DocBro was awesome.Best Friends for Life.

Zeknurn

I did it! I ordered the Oculus Rift.:D Became a bit more expensive than I had expected, with VAT and shipping. Now I have to make VR category on steam and wait eagerly.:D

Any recommendations that are said to be good with VR?

War Thunder - I've been playing it in 4 hour stints and it works great. Highly recommended.
Quake2VR - By far the best FPS I've played in VR since it gave me the most sense of presence.
Minecrift - There's a new preview out that supposedly fixes the IPD issue.
HL2 - Works pretty well aside from some minor issues.
LiveForSpeed - A racing game that has a free demo which works with the DK2 patch.

There's loads of tech demos that you can find on Oculus Share. Just grab whatever might interest you.

FYI Shadownet, I think you can only redeem three codes to one AMD account. You might be better off giving away the codes instead of each game individually.

KingDirk

There is a group of kids at work trying to goad me into a fight and it's just making me wish I'd my laptop on me so we could play Nidhogg instead.

I'm pretty sure it worked for anyone /w american address in paypal or other payment methods.
We still miss out on the best stuff anyway! I think it happened overnight for us.

There is a group of kids at work trying to goad me into a fight and it's just making me wish I'd my laptop on me so we could play Nidhogg instead.
Super Mario Kart battle mode is the only way to settle fights among civilised people.

MRORANGE

If anyone wants to take them off my hand:

I cannot do these threads, can someone please take them:

Alien Isolation by MRORANGE
20th Anniversary of Playstation by MRORANGE
Grand Theft Auto V (PC) by MRORANGE

I cannot do these threads, can someone please take them:

I have a lot of work now so apologies for dumping these back to you,

here is a 'draft' alien isolation OT if anyone wants to use or change or just burn it in a fire:
ibnYtdVNJJthfu.gif

slZByEI.jpg

Publisher: SEGA
Developer: The Creative Assembly
Release Date: October 7, 2014
Platforms: PC, PS3, PS4, XB360, XBO
System requirements: not yet released

IodbIuv.jpg

Discover the true meaning of fear in Alien: Isolation, a survival horror set in an atmosphere of constant dread and mortal danger. Fifteen
years after the events of Alien, Ellen Ripley's daughter, Amanda enters a desperate battle for survival, on a mission to unravel the truth
behind her mother's disappearance. As Amanda, you will navigate through an increasingly volatile world as you find yourself confronted
on all sides by a panicked, desperate population and an unpredictable, ruthless Alien.

Underpowered and underprepared, you must scavenge resources, improvise solutions and use your wits, not just to succeed in your
mission, but to simply stay alive. Alien: Isolation is a survival horror game at heart with stealth elements. The film has a ‘retro future
technology’ inspired look in the similar focus as the movie. Using stealth you must manoeuvre around the ship without getting caught
by the Alien onboard the ship. The Alien is not on a scripted path but directed by the AI who learns the player’s actions and
behaviours and changes how the Alien looks for the player in the game. For example a Alien may go back to an area where it has
noticed noise or disturbances.

Unique game features:

- No HUD
- Hack computers and craft items to survive
- Non scripted Alien
- Able to play the game without killing anyone
- Dynamic sound engine

84W9UTO.jpg

"insert pictures and youtube links of the game in here"

Zbi9r8Y.jpg

"insert reviews from websites in here with scores"

If I ever got an Oculus Rift I would get the Hydra's without second thought, some of the coolest Oculus stuff I've seen have involved the Razer Hydras.

I think I would probably wait, as I reckon in a few months some of the more tailor-made solutions should start to see the light of day. That said, I can definitely see that a few months might be too long to wait :D

onionfrog

Hey guys, is the PC version of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed any good?
It's on sale for a little less than $4 at nuuvem. link
EDIT: Well its the Mac version... Any idea if it'll also work on PC? I know the mac version of Knights of the Old Republic also redeemed on PC.

Monooboe

Monooboe.. *serious face* I leave in your hands a very important task.

You must share with us your experience once you get a chance to play with the Oculus Rift.
The faith of the world depends on it.

I accept this mission with honor and undying sense of duty. I cannot fail, I will not fail! *cue dramatic pompous music*

Now I just need to get the hang of Unreal Engine and do some experimenting with photogrammetry, thats what pushed me over the edge to get it, have so ideas I will try out where I can show my photographs in whole new way.:D

Also just found that Steam does have a handy list with everything that supports VR.

EDIT: Well its the Mac version... Any idea if it'll also work on PC? I know the mac version of Knights of the Old Republic also redeemed on PC.

It is SteamPlay, so it works on PC too.

Turfster

TFU is kinda... meh, but yes, they're Steamplay.

r3n4ud

Congrats to Knurek on the Dead Rising win! Hope you have a great time. If you have any issues redeeming the steam gift, let me know. I've been known to mess up modbot giveaways.

MRORANGE

"I don't have time to make OTs"

<makes OTs for others to use>

You may have a problem.

Haha, this was done ages ago and I just don't have time to keep making it better, I've also got a OT for HL3, so yeah maybe I do have problems :|

Stupid double fail post.

Turfster

So, uh, Habitat is very early access.
You can hook stuff up to your habitat and move around, but there's no saving, for example, so every time you start it, you start over.

Ronik

It's a pretty bad port. It's like 30GB (and it had like a 10GB patch which required like 50GB of free HDD space to even run), the videos are in super low resolution, there are almost no graphic options (that probably won't be problematic in 2014, but still) and the KB/M controls are pretty much unusable in some places (like the Star Destroyer QTE). If you want to play it, you should use a controller.

The Banner Saga for $1; that's mental!

I don't regret paying $10 for it at all. Hopefully you guys who were on the fence about it were there for the price glitch! I'm assuming it was a glitch, lol.

Yeah it was crazy, I got Alien: Isolation, a Star Citizen ship, The Banner Saga and Dyad for $1.06. I'm excited to start playing TBS it's been on my wishlist for ages.

I think I would probably wait, as I reckon in a few months some of the more tailor-made solutions should start to see the light of day. That said, I can definitely see that a few months might be too long to wait :D

You're right, here's one that looks really promising.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/89577853/stem-system-the-best-way-to-interact-with-virtual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom