• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a great time on the Ark free weekend,but the free weekend pve server i was on went extinct.

I don't even really mind starting over, but now that the temporary servers are gone, i find that all of the regular official pve servers are crowded and covered with land-claiming housing foundations. I don't think i can have fun there. I need room. I hear singleplayer is too hard on cpus as well. Not sure how to proceed.

Sch1sm

Well, it's MOBA priced... so I can't say it's that weird.

At least most MOBAs have a system in place to avoid putting money into an f2p game. For example, in League you can buy skins and champs with IP earned from matches rather than purchasing RP. Only thing is, it takes a hell of a lot more time.

That's exactly what I say to my friends when a 25 dollar League of Legends skin releases and they freak out about it.

All I have and need is Grandma Warwick.

i can't complain about f2p or mobas, they've let me sell dumb things to people who appreciate them. I've actually made money off those business models and the people who partake in them, i dig that

This is too true. Free MMORPGs as well. It's great.

Jawmuncher

oh sweet

I'm gonna guess Sareena, Fujin, Smoke, and maybe something crazy like a xenomorph.

you heard it here first

MKXSeason2.jpg

Who knows I can't make out any of the silhouettes.

Caerith

http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/imagefeed/featured/warner-bros/mortalkombat/x/dlc/MKXSeason2.jpg

Who knows I can't make out any of the silhouettes.

I think they once said that they sometimes use fake silhouettes to mess with people.

sprinkles

So on the Giant Bombcast they talked a bit about this Early Access game Megasphere.
The trailer impressed me a bunch but before I continue my buying spree tonight I wonder if anyone here has a few impressions for that game.

derExperte

So on the Giant Bombcast they talked a bit about this Early Access game Megasphere.
The trailer impressed me a bunch but before I continue my buying spree tonight I wonder if anyone here has a few impressions for that game.

You can try it yourself, there's a demo (which I've downloaded but not played yet).

Ludens

Banned
Steam overlay doesn't work, I can't chat nor take screenshots? Suggestions?
All maxed out, borderlass window.
EDIT: MGSV

JustinBB7

I have a ton of weird shit in my library now, anybody else? Some Russian stuff and all the mad max movies in all languages or something. On the latest beta.

Ruruja

When do we get MGSV sales figures? I can only see Ground Zeroes on steam spy.

I have a ton of weird shit in my library now, anybody else? Some Russian stuff and all the mad max movies in all languages or something. On the latest beta.

Yeah I see Tools, Software and Videos on my Games Library now.

Copons

chubigans just released a new patch for Cook, Serve, Delicious! and reading through the notes, this got me interested:

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR MAC OWNERS

Due to the new changes in the Mac OS system in regards to running apps outside of the official Apple App Store, the state of exporting to Mac via Game Maker Studio (the engine we use) is in a bit of a disarray right now. I've spent the last few weeks trying to find solutions but unfortunately it's a huge mess right now, and completely out of my hands.

What this all means is that from now on all patches are opt-in only for Mac users. You will need to right click on Cook, Serve, Delicious in your Steam Library, select Properties, and click the Betas tab and select the Mac Patch beta branch. Once you do so and download the new game, try running it. You will be informed that the game is an app from the internet, so press OK/accept to run it. Try running it again if it does not load. You may need to run it a few times before the game starts up, at which point you shouldn't have any further problems when running the game. I realize this is a less than ideal situation but just last week I was faced with the possibility of not being able to patch the Mac version anymore, and that's completely unacceptable to me. So this is how it'll have to be. Remember, just keep trying to run the game and eventually it will go through, and you shouldn't have any more errors forever after that, or at least that's been my experience. I will update with more info if Game Maker Studio or Apple's new App process is sorted and fixed.

What the hell is going on in the OSX world?
Is this a (mostly) GMS issue or Apple really pulled a real closed system on their computer OS? And it's something related to the latest versions of OSX or it propagates all the way down to, say, Mountain Lion (what's currently installed on my MacBook Pro, which I've been using bootcamped only for years)?

Caerith

chubigans just released a new patch for Cook, Serve, Delicious! and reading through the notes, this got me interested:

What the hell is going on in the OSX world?
Is this a (mostly) GMS issue or Apple really pulled a real closed system on their computer OS? And it's something related to the latest versions of OSX or it propagates all the way down to, say, Mountain Lion (what's currently installed on my MacBook Pro, which I've been using bootcamped only for years)?

I thought Apple was always a closed system.

Copons

I thought Apple was always a closed system.

Well, I meant closed like iOS or Android to a certain extent (you can install apk, but it's not like they make it easy for non-tech-savvy users).

This sounds more like what Gaben said about Win8 (IIRC), and its store that would kill all the freedom of the OS, etc.

IIRC since the App Store came on OSX there have been an option to block apps downloaded from outside the store, but it was an opt-in kind of thing.
Reading chubigans, it's like that option is, say, checked by default now, and you can't even uncheck it, and developers publishing outside the store are pretty much screwed.

EDIT: all this, unless it's just Game Maker fucking things up. In that case it still sucks, but a tiny bit less.

Momentary

Banned
Damn... Should I really ask for my money back from STEAM? Will they really give keys out early to people who order it now? I think I'll just stick with my STEAM purchase. That is unless someone else buys the game and gets a key today.

I'd like to know that too actually but i used my steam wallet to buy most of sfv on steam so if i refund i'll only get $3 back in my paypal. Maybe I should let the people in the fg thread know and let them be a guinea pig.

Sch1sm

Well, I meant closed like iOS or Android to a certain extent (you can install apk, but it's not like they make it easy for non-tech-savvy users).

This sounds more like what Gaben said about Win8 (IIRC), and its store that would kill all the freedom of the OS, etc.

IIRC since the App Store came on OSX there have been an option to block apps downloaded from outside the store, but it was an opt-in kind of thing.
Reading chubigans, it's like that option is, say, checked by default now, and you can't even uncheck it, and developers publishing outside the store are pretty much screwed.

EDIT: all this, unless it's just Game Maker fucking things up. In that case it still sucks, but a tiny bit less.

Even El Capitan has open components still. It hasn't become iOS just yet. Thank the heavens.

chubigans is correct. That's what's default checked when you're in factory settings. You can change it to app store and identified developers, or unidentified developers allowed as well is the third option. I use the last, but I find on occasion it'll be moved back to Store only without my doing it. I'm sure my rMBP mid 2014 isn't possessed or anything, but it'll be incredibly annoying if this becomes the case with every app. As is, my Macbook is an indie game box (because it's mainly used for school and I knew it'd play most titles terribly), so they'll mostly fall under unidentified devlopers, and I know I'll get sick of having to click, "YES, IT'S SAFE, OPEN" in System Pref>Security.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Rainbow Six Collection -- MB-A02A5590AF34B02C - Taken by Majukun. 38 entrants total.

t1441237889z1.png

Turfster

the spanish "page not found" version of this page that it's showing is like stupidly full of typos lol
Companies don't care, dude.
"Look, we're translating it to YOUR language! What do you mean, that's wrong? You ungrateful little fucks."

Also, I never win anything.
Stupid fucking site was timing out the whole time keys were being handed out.

Dr Dogg

Probably using machine translation to automatically offer their website in various languages (ie SYSTRAN or similar). I've used something similar before a couple of times and they generally have the potential to turn out hilarious.

Also the decoy in MGS5 is OP as anything. You can distract guards with it like throwing a magazine, you can lure them over then it pops up and if you're really creative you can use it to knock them out when you pop it up.

zkylon

zkylewd
I only know a little bit of Spanish but that looks like some Google Translate tier.
"esta pagina no existe" gg wp
Companies don't care, dude.
"Look, we're translating it to YOUR language! What do you mean, that's wrong? You ungrateful little fucks."
Probably using machine translation to automatically offer their website in various languages (ie SYSTRAN or similar). I've used something similar before a couple of times and they generally have the potential to turn out hilarious.
thing is, it's super weird cos most of it is fine (i dunno why it didn't translate "news" tho) but then there's just like those big ass typos that feel like someone that knew spanish just didn't really care to correct it and then the big sentence just doesn't work like that in spanish either lol

alienware is dumb lol

Also, I never win anything.
Stupid fucking site was timing out the whole time keys were being handed out.
i didn't really care about the game much, just randomly clicked on it and found the results pretty weird

like why bother translating it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom