• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only Falcom game I haven't finished that's available on Steam right now is Ys The Ark of Napishtim, that one felt weak to play after Oath and Orgins.

gelf

I'm still happy playing Sonic Mania on Steam. In the worst case I'll just have to find the inevitable crack in the future if they never patch the DRM out. My only other option was to get it on PS4 which still feels less future proof with Sony's attitude to backwards compatibility lately.

Ascheroth

You get both, obviously.

No, seriously... get both.
The Xseed Falcom games take priority for me, so I'm defintely getting Seven and Zwei.

I planned on getting either Ys VIII or Tokyo Xanadu depening on release/price and how I'm doing with the other games, but considering I've just upgraded from intern to full employee I might as well splurge a little this year :p

I'd love to get all these Falcom games day 1 but money is a concern unfortunately
I could get VIII but it'd get in the way of me getting SEVEN and Zwei

I have all of them but I didn't beat Gurumin or Xanadu yet haha I got near the end on both but just stopped playing
And technically I didn't beat Cold Steel on Steam
Xanadu Nexts ending stretch is fantastic. Get on it.

Jawmuncher

Eh I don't see the problem. They're orcs so they can't really get that waifu money.

As for the hip hop it's just Tolkien. He might've "created" a lot of the ideas in fantasy we see today but I don't think that means it can't have any modern ideas put into say it's advertising.

It'd be different if your first raid on a fortress started playing hip hop.

A lack of respect for the source materials?
Tone deaf trailers?
Microtransactions and lootboxes for a singleplayer game?
Always online?

Take all my money.

In all seriousness, the free weekend of the previous game did show me a lof the qualities the game had, so I can understand why people are looking forward to the sequel. But such crap as listed above pushes me as a "maybe" customer of the hype train.

AHA-Lambda

Huh...

PikuGifOK.gif

The acclaim the first game got baffled me (hint: your nemesis system means sweet f*ck all if your game is pathetically easy).

How people are hyped for this baffles me even more.

Jawmuncher

And dinosaurs are just lizards with feathers.

Dinosaurs have more in common with present-day birds than they do with reptiles.
Look at the pubic bone, turned backward, like a bird's.
Look at the vertebrae, full of air sacs and hollows, just like a bird's.
And even the word 'raptor' means 'bird of prey'.

jurassicpark_radargun4ts6y.jpg

Mivey

Dinosaurs have more in common with present-day birds than they do with reptiles.
Look at the pubic bone, turned backward, like a bird's.
Look at the vertebrae, full of air sacs and hollows, just like a bird's.
And even the word 'raptor' means 'bird of prey'.
So ... you are saying that birds are lizards with feathers as well?

Knurek

What's far more scary and likely is that they make a new "modern" client that almost everyone including GAF loves and that I find annoying since it lacks some of the functionality the current desktop client (that I'm pretty happy with) has.

BPM won't change much, so there's that. Also, jumplists or steam:// shortcuts should be enough for whatever you want to do with Steam. ;)

Eh I don't see the problem. They're orcs so they can't really get that waifu money.

As for the hip hop it's just Tolkien. He might've "created" a lot of the ideas in fantasy we see today but I don't think that means it can't have any modern ideas put into say it's advertising.

It'd be different if your first raid on a fortress started playing hip hop.

brb, making a Citizen Kane trailer set to "Crank That (Soulja Boy)."

Jawmuncher

brb, making a Citizen Kane trailer set to "Crank That (Soulja Boy)."
I'm not quite sure why a Tolkien game is being held in this high regard. It's fantasy/adventure/action. The game already has more preorders than the original and Arkhangelsk knight so WBs marketing must be working and it's definitely not geared at anyone who'd get upset by some hip hop.

^^^ Only one of that group I've played is Fabric. Bought it off Chrono sometime back. It's not bad, has a sort of Portal-like feel to it, but a bit jankier.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/hidden-gems-5-bundle

- Battles of Norghan
- Battles of Norghan Gold Version (DLC)
- Fort Meow
- A Druid's Duel
- Fabric
- Spiritual Warfare & Wisdom Tree Collection
- Street Legal Racing: Redline v2.3.1
- Extreme Forklifting 2
- Dark Days
- Gun Bombers
- Mayhem Triple
- simian.interface++
- That's Mahjong!

I wish they'd bring back that $1 bundle from the weekend, they had to take it down due to issues with some of the keys.

Bundlejunkers

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Corporate Lifestyle Simulator -- MB-3B6F9874E23D3A06 - Taken by abelasabel
Edge of Twilight Return to Glory -- MB-432A56D65230AC57 - Taken by Servizio
Huntsman The Orphanage -- MB-134808D7A728428B - Taken by Javier23
Story of the Survivor -- MB-67427F16DD32EC36 - Taken by ussjtrunks
The Last Door Season One -- MB-FCE20BF39819B92B - Taken by Booker.DeWitt

Anno

Anyone going to take a look at Sunless Skies? It will be out in EA today at the normal refresh time apparently.

Well.... these are the Falcom games I own on Steam:
Gurumin
Trails in the Sky FC
Trails in the Sky SC
Trails in the Sky the 3rd
Trails of Cold Steel
Ys I
Ys II
Ys Origin
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Ys The Ark of Napishtim
Xanadu Next

And these are the ones I have actually finished:
Gurumin
Trails in the Sky FC
Trails in the Sky SC
Trails in the Sky the 3rd
Trails of Cold Steel
Ys I
Ys II
Ys Origin
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Ys The Ark of Napishtim
Xanadu Next

And these are the ones I've finished multiple times:
Trails of Cold Steel
Ys I
Ys II
Ys Origin
Ys The Oath in Felghana

:p

Wow 0_0

Nah, just means you still have some quality gaming time in store for you!

Yeah, that's pretty much it! I know Falcom games are awesome, so I bought a few over the years. However, only recently I got in the mood to play them. I'm about to finish Trails FC and I'm loving it, so I'll probably go through Ys Origin next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom