• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Not owning everything in this collection should be a bannable offence.

Transistor didn't leave me all that positively impressed, so much so that I didn't even progress in it much. I should give Bastion a try, hoping the narrator isn't annoying like the one in Stories: The Path of Destinies.
Supergiant Games has tight art directions. That's a thing I really like about their releases. Not enough to grab Pyre without a bigger discount though, given how I ended up dropping Transistor so fast.

Ban Puncher got bant

Damnit. I need my Puncher jifs.

Probably should just make it perma at this point.

Not cool.

I'm confused seeing those negative reviews and impressions about CoD beta. I played it yesterday and surprisingly had a blast with this game, team deathmatch was kinda chaotic and boring, but domination is frigging awesome, I haven't had that much fun in COD multiplayer since MW2:
66B6D0220B06371472DAD70C2EE9795990B632B8
Yeah, there was some suspicious guys who did rush with sniper riffle, but most of the time i didn't felt like other players had big advantage over me. I don't get into those divisions and different loadouts stuff, but it was fun to play it even with basic gun. Surprisingly, i can't complain about tech stuff too, i had horrible lags and connection issues when i played IW multiplayer, but in WW2 after several matches i didn't noticed any lag at all, it was a butter smooth experience. I need to play other modes before giving final conclusion, but right now I'm very positive about what i saw in this beta, it feels like 00's all over again and i really can't complain about that.

Do not worry. Know that you made the right decision. Blue Reflection is a great game and at the very least its characters, graphics, and music make it worthwhile.
The games of the month are Blue Reflection and Danganronpa V3. Anything else should be on the backburner behind those two games.

The game seems decent from what I played. Divinity 2 is a masterpiece though, maybe one of the best ever in the genre.

Further proof that SteamGAF has questionable taste in video games.

Hey, this is based on very little play time but the game doesn't seem bad.
I think it's pretty obvious that I wasn't putting it in the same league as DOS2 lol.

I don't care if my tastes are "questionable" if that means i can play and enjoy games like Blue Reflection :p

Speaking of which, here are my ipressions so far (cross-posted from Discord):

I'm pretty happy with Blue Reflection so far, the art and soundmusic are just superb. The story may be nothing to write home about, but the game's atmosphere more than makes up for it. Some people compare it to Persona - while not entirely wrong, this game has its own unique style. Another thing worth mentioning is that this game basically doesn't have any grind at all - there isn't even such thing as experience points. Your characters have levels, but they gain them by completing some of the main and side objectives.
Oh, and i find the gameplay rather enjoyable too - this game isn't very hard even on highest difficulty so far (i'm not that far though :p). Overall, it's a very relaxing game, which is to be expected from Gust.
Here are a couple of tracks from the OST:

Having said all of this, the PC port has some gamebreaking bugs at the moment, which are being looked into. Because of those, i would advise against purchasing the game yet - i also stopped playing it myself for now.

I'll definitely put more time into it but I hope it's not a very long game, don't want to sound like a broken record but I really can't put 50 hours into something that isn't exceptional at this point in my life.

Ascheroth

I'll definitely put more time into it but I hope it's not a very long game, don't want to sound like a broken record but I really can't put 50 hours into something that isn't exceptional at this point in my life.
It's apparently a 20-30 hour game.
Which is actually a very nice length.

sprinkles

It's apparently a 20-30 hour game.
Which is actually a very nice length.
I started playing it on a PS4 yesterday (10EUR cheaper). I am a sucker for Persona-like real world settings. I liked what I saw in the first hour or so, but with Divinity OS 2 still around I don't know when I will play through the game.

Ascheroth

I started playing it on a PS4 yesterday (10EUR cheaper). I am a sucker for Persona-like real world settings. I liked what I saw in the first hour or so, but with Divinity OS 2 still around I don't know when I will play through the game.
I'm personally busy with Ys Seven, Divinity OS1 and Pillars of Eternity. Don't really have the time or want for full-priced Koei games ;)
Then there is Ys VIII, Zwei Zwei and Tokyo Xanadu up next. RIP me.

Tbh, Blue Reflection sounds and looks good, I was looking forward to playing the game.

But man, I just wouldn't be able to play this at home. It's beyond 'questionable taste' to me.

Oh no.
Outside of the bathing scene (that literally serve no purpose unlike of things you can do at night), they actually spent time to make their wet shirt tech as realistic as possible

Code:
[IMG]http://www.jrpgreview.com/uploads/5/3/8/7/53875073/blue-reflection-20170331121232_orig.png[/IMG]

Which is just like, seriously man?

And let's not even with the fucking DLC:

Code:
[IMG]https://apollo2.dl.playstation.net/cdn/UP4108/CUSA09085_00/FREE_CONTENTol69oW6JNmTqZu8ClX4T/PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT1_156065.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://nsx.np.dl.playstation.net/nsx/material/c/cb8d04e75af66ca8ce245322a0bd3a60d7a0eadc-1173076.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://nsx.np.dl.playstation.net/nsx/material/8/8f3b70127fa0ca5d9364c72a462a3d47f6c8637f-1174811.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://cdn.edgecast.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/688240/ss_baf4b3640bf3488d7c8353c80199ce537fd4c60c.1920x1080.jpg?t=1506414816[/IMG]

I think many gamers are far too quick to accept stupid and counter-productive corporate decisions. No one is forcing companies to act dumb, and when they do it is 100% their fault.
Absolutely. It just makes me wonder why all these superfluous launchers and logins and such have had less resistance towards them.

Arthea

I don't care if my tastes are "questionable" if that means i can play and enjoy games like Blue Reflection :p

Speaking of which, here are my ipressions so far (cross-posted from Discord):

I'm pretty happy with Blue Reflection so far, the art and sound\music are just superb. The story may be nothing to write home about, but the game's atmosphere more than makes up for it. Some people compare it to Persona - while not entirely wrong, this game has its own unique style. Another thing worth mentioning is that this game basically doesn't have any grind at all - there isn't even such thing as experience points. Your characters have levels, but they gain them by completing some of the main and side objectives.
Oh, and i find the gameplay rather enjoyable too - this game isn't very hard even on highest difficulty so far (i'm not that far though :p). Overall, it's a very relaxing game, which is to be expected from Gust.
Here are a couple of tracks from the OST:

Having said all of this, the PC port has some gamebreaking bugs at the moment, which are being looked into. Because of those, i would advise against purchasing the game yet - i also stopped playing it myself for now.
I really hope they'll fix it, low res assets is one thing, but game breaking bugs should be fixed asap, or they bury this game.

Tbh, Blue Reflection sounds and looks good, I was looking forward to playing the game.

But man, I just wouldn't be able to play this at home. It's beyond 'questionable taste' to me.

so what? the witcher 3 is beyond questionable too?
it's stupid fanservice, people apparently like it, so it's in games, like in most of them.

Arthea

Did I miss something or The Witcher 3 also features half nude highschool girls?

oh so it's because they are young, you can imagine they are 30yo, it's a game, not real girls, you know that right?

It just creeps me out as nobody ever complains about gore or terrible deaths for example, but if it's half naked girls, it's an end of the world! Again, they aren't real girls. Not saying I wouldn't mind that devs toned down with their fanservice love a tad, but that's not happening, and why would it, seeing how lewd games sell. That's was my point.

edited:
btw, I see so many half naked girls in the street like every day all summer! I wish god toned down on fanservice too!

oh so it's because they are young, you can imagine they are 30yo, it's a game, not real girls, you know that right?

It just creeps me out as nobody ever complains about gore or terrible deaths for example, but if it's half naked girls, it's an end of the world! Again, they aren't real girls. Not saying I wouldn't mind that devs toned down with their fanservice love a tad, but that's not happening, and why would it, seeing how lewd games sell. That's was my point.

edited:
btw, I see so many half naked girls in the street like every day all summer! I wish god toned down on fanservice too!

I mean, I'm not against sexualization of woman in video games, and I do agree with your gore and deaths example. But when it comes to young girls, real or not, I'm out of there. Are by chance fine with little girl anime hentai as well? They're not real girls, right?

I'll leave it into that.

Arthea

I mean, I'm not against sexualization of woman in video games, and I do agree with your gore and deaths example. But when it comes to young girls, real or not, I'm out of there. Are by chance fine with little girl anime hentai as well? They're not real girls, right?

I'll leave it into that.

I'm not into hentai at all, no matter age of girls, but I'd rather people watch virtual naked girls than made real ones to do all that, seem much preferable situation.

Jenniferlawrenceokay.gif

I'm just too old for that, it'll happen to you too some day

You are wrong because there are no high schools in w3 universe.

I think the point went over your head. Anywho a game like Blue Reflection, what did you expect? Did you really expect an anime game with Highschool chicks wouldn't include any fanservice? I knew that the moment I seen the screenshots, another underage kawaii looking game, I bet there's going to be alot of hot springs and shower scenes, including that cliche of the flat chested iron board chick all jealous of the hot voluptuous chick, then they have an orgy party and start feeling up on each other boobs, all part of their coming of age culture.

Doesn't really seem too bad unless you go out of your way and buy the DLC?

Basically this. It doesn't stop at outfits.

I think the point went over your head. Anywho a game like Blue Reflection, what did you expect? Did you really expect an anime game with Highschool chicks wouldn't include any fanservice? I knew that the moment I seen the screenshots, another underage kawaii looking game, I bet there's going to be alot of hot springs and shower scenes, including that cliche of the flat chested iron board chick all jealous of the hot voluptuous chick, then they have an orgy party and start feeling up on each other boobs, all part of their coming of age culture.

Deques

Instead of high school girls, why not make a game with perverted old dudes? These dudes just hang around and do something, not necessary perverted things.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

ENSLAVED Odyssey to the West Premium Edition -- MB-F89449093D1FD9F4 - Taken by TheGreenArrow
STRATEGY & TACTICS WARGAME COLLECTION -- MB-EA24BF4798BD1886 - Taken by rainking187

MUnited83

For you.
Im waitlisted! Oh well i dont really care for this one except anime cards go for crazy amounts, its not like I will play these games anyways. I just remember when bundles were cheap.
Waitlist is pretty much getting to the group, so you're fine :p. And the bundle will be like 2$ or less, that's cheap.

Lain

My Avatar Turf War book is en route to me, so have some anime doubles.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Pink Rage Otome -- MB-CAB0524D520FEC00 - Taken by InquisitorAles
Sweet fantasy -- MB-0CAF287A8C3B37CE - Taken by Ucchedavāda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom