• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

Airport CEO dropped into EA yesterday for $15.

Looks like a tycoon / management game along the lines of Prison Architect.

I love the genre, but this one looks really dense. Might check it out soon but I wonder if the depth is too much for my puny brain, LOL.

Pillars of Eternity DLC doesn't affect the main game/story does it? Can you complete the main game then do the DLC?

Not techinically after, but you go back to the save before the final battle and then you can go off and do the DLC stuff and come back.

got in one just before, I just need to subscribe to one of these people and just give them $30 upfront for the month.

I'm too lazy to subscribe, a few of the people have very few spots outside of subscribers but Prinzvonbillair usually does a 2nd lot and then another guy called Csontzuzo comes in a bit later and it's pretty easy to get a spot in one of his groups. All the people are super reliable though one of them can't do family and friends so it costs another 35c or so.

tuxfool

Banned
Anybody that ordered Cuphead from GMG get their key yet?

edit: it is available on the order page, but for some reason they didn't send any email.

Mivey

Pillars of Eternity DLC doesn't affect the main game/story does it? Can you complete the main game then do the DLC?

I would recommend doing the DLC during the main game. It works either way, really, but it makes the game feel even richer, and Obsidian has some neat level scaling options, so the remaining game doesn't become too easy (unless you wish to, in which case you can just leave it unscaled).

It doesn't affect the main story, but you have to do it before you enter the final main story dungeon (you'll be prompted to save when you try to enter said dungeon; there's no post-game).

The White March has some of the best content in the game, so feel free to play it alongside the main game content.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Cuphead's art style is so lovely I'm tempted to get it, and I'm not even a platformer fan

It reminds me of a disney/mickey mouse game I played on PSOne IIRC

Sarcasm

I would recommend doing the DLC during the main game. It works either way, really, but it makes the game feel even richer, and Obsidian has some neat level scaling options, so the remaining game doesn't become too easy (unless you wish to, in which case you can just leave it unscaled).

It doesn't affect the main story, but you have to do it before you enter the final main story dungeon (you'll be prompted to save when you try to enter said dungeon; there's no post-game).

The White March has some of the best content in the game, so feel free to play it alongside the main game content.

Not techinically after, but you go back to the save before the final battle and then you can go off and do the DLC stuff and come back.

I'm too lazy to subscribe, a few of the people have very few spots outside of subscribers but Prinzvonbillair usually does a 2nd lot and then another guy called Csontzuzo comes in a bit later and it's pretty easy to get a spot in one of his groups. All the people are super reliable though one of them can't do family and friends so it costs another 35c or so.

Sadly I don't own the DLC, it was why I was asking.

Deques

There is a very limited JAST bundle over at Groupees. Only nine 9 bundles left in the stock. It's four games for $25
not sure if I can link to the bundle without the risk of getting banned

Just got my Cup Head key from GMG but also just got to work. :(

I am heading home soon. Want to me to play it for you? :D

There is a very limited JAST bundle over at Groupees. Only nine 9 bundles left in the stock. It's four games for $25
not sure if I can link to the bundle without the risk of getting banned

Are there steam keys, and can I use coins...aka I am not buying as those are never the case.

Battlechili

Banned
So far Blue Reflection has been really wonderful for me. At the very least, its better than other recent Gust games I've played by far (Atelier Rorona, Atelier Sophie, Nights of Azure). The game wasted no time getting straight to the story, and to my glee the Persona-esque aspects of the game directly relate to the plot, making it much easier to care about everything going on in the game. And boy oh boy, the plot really is a lot like Persona in some ways. You go into an alternate world based on people's psyches and fight their inner demons to help solve their personal problems. And doing this makes you stronger as a magical girl, brings you closer to getting one wish of yours granted, and makes the world safer. All the game's plot points and character focus seem tightly knit to each other.
I was surprised at how quick the game gets players to care about the characters too. Right from the start you learn that the main character is depressed since she can't perform ballet anymore after an accident when she was younger. The excitement you see once she becomes a magical girl for the first time and realizes she can move on her feet again is such a pleasure to see. Its a really good game for the heart.

And of course, the game is probably one of the prettiest games out there, both visually and audio-wise. The music is divine, and its also dynamic, changing as cutscenes play. It makes scenes much more exciting and makes the music always be at the right part for a particular scene. The music while walking around the highschool is also really relaxing and mellow and works perfectly with the background white noise of students chatting. And the students chatting in particular I think helps make it easier to immerse into the game.

Some people have mentioned being turned off by the fanservice, but I actually think the fanservice just makes an already good game better. Its an added bonus alongside everything else imo. I think the way DLC is handled is kind of funny though. The most fanservicey of DLC outfits is free, while most of the others are random, less sexualized cosmetics, minus one sailor swimsuit set. But I think the free swimsuit set is better than the one that costs money anyways. Still, I can see how if you're not fond of that sort of thing it can be a bother. Though I personally hope Gust doesn't ever stop doing this in their games.

On another note, I'm having trouble going back and forth between this and DRV3. Too much game all at once.

KainXVIII

Is it Game with Windows Live or something like that ?

Windows 10 only ?

what_year_is_it.jpg

Anno

Sadly I don't own the DLC, it was why I was asking.

Where are you in the game? If you're around level 7-9 (or will be) then just make a separate save somewhere it won't be overwritten and come back when you can grab the DLC. That or play the game through and load you before-the-point-of-no-return save to go play through it though the balance will be kinda wonky even with scaling.

Airport CEO dropped into EA yesterday for $15.

Looks like a tycoon / management game along the lines of Prison Architect.

I love the genre, but this one looks really dense. Might check it out soon but I wonder if the depth is too much for my puny brain, LOL.
I love the genre as well, been keeping an eye on this one. Hope it turns out good.

One of the first games I had was Aerobiz for the SNES. You basically ran your own airline and it was really fun, I'd been looking for something along the same lines that was good for quite a while now.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Project Explore -- MB-549B506D2A6AEA14 - Taken by Sarcasm

Aaron D.

One of the first games I had was Aerobiz for the SNES. You basically ran your own airline and it was really fun, I'd been looking for something along the same lines that was good for quite a while now.

Huh. Never heard of that one, even back in the day.

Looked at some gameplay on YouTube and it looks really neat.

The music is SHOCKINGLY similar to SimCity SNES. Strange (but really cool).

Grief.exe

I love the genre as well, been keeping an eye on this one. Hope it turns out good.

Done

5tNTitU.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen anyone else mention the game before so I imagine it must have been not overly popular. There was a sequel though.

Never played SimCity on the SNES but when I'm home from work I'll look into the music to see. I have the music burned into my memory.

Oh awesome. I go back and play it every now and again, it holds up to me. I used to play multiplayer with my brother which was fun too.

I'd be interested in what you think.

Grief.exe

Oh awesome. I go back and play it every now and again, it holds up to me. I used to play multiplayer with my brother which was fun too.

I'd be interested in what you think.

I've actually thought about picking up that game for awhile, but this gave me the nudge.

I'm actually building some bookshelves and redoing my office right now, so it might be a while until I can get impressions out.

I've actually thought about picking up that game for awhile, but this gave me the nudge.

I'm actually building some bookshelves and redoing my office right now, so it might be a while until I can get impressions out.
Right on. I'm just interested to see what someone else thinks about it =)
SimCity SNES - Title Theme

I imagine this is the music they play in the Limbo Waiting Room after you die.
Hah. Yeah there's definitely similarities there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Snes games still totally hold up, uncanny. Truly the goat system.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Rise of the Tomb Raider -- MB-97BFE156D949F551 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 8 entrants total.

t1506705141z1.png

Cuphead is really great and actually easier than I thought it would be(still challenging though). Once you figure out an enemy's pattern and get into a groove it so satisfying :)

Also every boss has been going from "oh this doesn't seem to bad" to " wait what the heck!?!" when they start getting into their final phases.

Also there is a pond that tells you how many times you died and now I'm sad :(

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rockin' Ranger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Rise of the Tomb Raider -- MB-FDCEA1F6EB7CE4F0 - Taken by C4rter

Ker blam

Uzzy

'Patiently' waiting for Total War Warhammer 2 to download. The shitty internet speeds I have here suck, bloody hell.

I need to be running around controlling Morathi, killing the normie elves and grounding Malekith for being a terrible son and not conquering Ulthuan already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom