• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still dont get how that new "trading card rules" work.

Like Danganronpa directly has Trading cards. I thought it depends on popularity now whether a game directly drops cards or wait till it does.

MUnited83

For you.

Like Danganronpa directly has Trading cards. I thought it depends on popularity now whether a game directly drops cards or wait till it does.
I'm pretty sure that only applies for indies/Steam direct appliers. If you're already a decently-sized publisher that regularly puts games on Steam you are likely pre-approved for those matters.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I'm fairly confident that games from known quantities are whitelisted prior to release. In the cases of Rime and Tekken 7, I received a drop in the time it took me to make their respective PC performance threads, which was mere minutes after release.

Wag

I got an $80 Steam Wallet card at Gamestop after the trade in deal. I don't know what to get.

Is Grim Dawn any good?

Amzin

I got an $80 Steam Wallet card at Gamestop after the trade in deal. I don't know what to get.

Is Grim Dawn any good?

A lot of people seem to like it, but personally I found it insanely slow and grindy, with an extreme emphasis on leveling passives. I know there's been DLC but after going through the campaign once on co-op I had zero interest in replaying at all due to how many hours are required to try other builds.

Daily reminder that we're not getting anything next week as well, as the Monthly drops next Friday.

So a whole month off...
tumblr_nemgdabEiN1r8f85do2_400.gif

xist

Monthly is still a week away 😕

I'm just blaming Dark Souls 2. Humble needs to get it's Monthly sign ups....what's another week of Humble disappointment. They probably also think that we don't care so much because of the steam sale.

I'm just blaming Dark Souls 2. Humble needs to get it's Monthly sign ups....what's another week of Humble disappointment. They probably also think that we don't care so much because of the steam sale.

But DS2 is one of their worst reveals (Value wise). Luckily I sort of want it so it is okay.

tmarg

I don't think humble has ever gone head to head with a steam sale. This shouldn't be surprising.

They probably could have competed with this steam sale, but there's no way they could have known that in time to actually plan a bundle.

Zeeman

Kind of surprised we didn't get a non-Steam games bundle, but I guess it's a little early for a Switch indie bundle, and I doubt they'll try to do another Wii U / 3DS one. Sony just had one a couple months ago, so probably too soon for that.

Kind of surprised we didn't get a non-Steam games bundle, but I guess it's a little early for a Switch indie bundle, and I doubt they'll try to do another Wii U / 3DS one. Sony just had one a couple months ago, so probably too soon for that.

Could do another EA/Ubi

Arulan

Cosmic Star Heroine over any of those.
I would go with Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. Though keep in mind it's a 2-part affair, with a 3rd part being a sort of after story. You'll definitely be getting your money's worth and excellent games at that.

If you feel like trying something a little different with a deep alchemy system, Atelier Sophie is the best you'll find on Steam. It's also really good.
You can't go wrong with any of them, though all of those scratch a different itch:

- Trails for the story, world and characters
- Xanadu Next for the gameplay and atmoshpere (the story is still good tho)
- Atelier Sophie for crafting crafting crafting and comfy non-linear slice-of-lifeness

All of those have great music too.
But Trails is amazing.
Grandia 2, Final Fantasy X remaster, Tales of (pick a title), Fairy Fencer F would be some other picks. I'd start with Trails in the Sky and/or Grandia 2.

For Strategy JRPG take on things, Valkyria Chronicles would be a great choice.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm still debating it, but I'm currently leaning towards Trails in the Sky and Atelier Sophie.

Durante

Trails in the Sky really is excellent (and has one of the best protagonists in any JRPG), just be aware that particularly FC is very slow-paced. It takes its time to get going, and you have to enjoy the slow world-building / adventure aspect.

It's a bit like Baldur's Gate 1 as opposed to 2 really, with the "low-level adventure" serving as an introduction.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can we get all stickers by the end of the sale?
So it's possible to complete the entire event and not have any full sticker sets? I don't get it.

You can complete any outstanding quests, including the discovery queue quest that resets (and, if applicable, doubles/triples/etc.-up) each day, at any point throughout the sale. As long as you complete all quests by the time the sale ends, you'll have earned each and every sticker.

You can complete any outstanding quests, including the discovery queue quest that resets (and, if applicable, doubles/triples/etc.-up) each day, at any point throughout the sale. As long as you complete all quests by the time the sale ends, you'll have earned each and every sticker.

Nice.

Aaron D.

Is Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun worth it for $30? Or will it probably go lower? I'm looking for a srpg.

Shadow Tactics is AMAZING.

Don't sleep on it, no matter what price you end up paying.

Pull the trigger on Car Mechanic Simulator 2015 now or wait until CMS2018 comes out (which should be around 21st of July)?

Nice. Didn't know CMS2018 was on the horizon.

CMS15 at $3 is a great price for a great game.

Could be a nice intro to the series. Then you could graduate up to 2018 if you take a shine to it.

El Topo

Durante, wise man, please tell me, for I can't choose: Tyranny or Torment? I heard bad stuff about the story/writing of Torment, so I'm on the fence.

Tizoc

Recent purchases-

Sonic Mania Preorder+Mages of Mystarla+Wonder Boy Dragon's Trap 2017 all for around $50 via Humblebundle.com

So am I reading this right in that you can no longer give away Steam games? Unless I suppose you found a CD key off another site? That's kind of a bummer, unless you're supposed to get around it by adding random folks as friends. The game I wanted to give away is only sold on Steam.

Any good rogue lite type games I don't already have? I have the "main" ones I would say already....

Isacc, ftl, rogue legacy, gungeon, throne, necrodancer, dead cells, spelunky, risk of rain etc etc

Everspace is the only one I am aware of that is supposed to be decent that I don't have.

Advice???

Do you have Caveblazers? Looks really similar to Spelunky and plays very similar, but sort of a rogue legacy twist on it. Very good game.

C4rter

A steam friend is playing HL 2 EP 1 at the moment and asked me why I don't have any time locked on it and no achievements unlocked.

Did Steam reset the time way back when? I only have 9 hours on HL 2 and I sure played the shit out of it in 2004. At least 2 or 3 playtroughs and playing around and such.

And I have no time on Episode 1 that I definitely played on Steam in 2006.

HL 2 only received achievements in 2010, so I don't have any of them but when did EP 1 receive achievements?

Oreoleo

A steam friend is playing HL 2 EP 1 at the moment and asked me why I don't have any time locked on it and no achievements unlocked.

Did Steam reset the time way back when? I only have 9 hours on HL 2 and I sure played the shit out of it in 2004. At least 2 or 3 playtroughs and playing around and such.

And I have no time on Episode 1 that I definitely played on Steam in 2006.

HL 2 only received achievements in 2010, so I don't have any of them but when did EP 1 receive achievements?

Steam didn't start tracking time played until early 2009 IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom