• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tumbleseed and Downwell?

Speaking on Downwell, if you use the beta update then TATE mode works wonderfully!

ZD82hv1.jpg

If you're using a 144fps monitor though, you're going to want to set your desktop refresh rate to 60 or the game runs at double speed. That part is annoying

Wok

Is there any website which allows to filter Steam store to only show games which were never bundled before?

Speaking on Downwell, if you use the beta update then TATE mode works wonderfully!

If you're using a 144fps monitor though, you're going to want to set your desktop refresh rate to 60 or the game runs at double speed. That part is annoying

Could you use something like RitaTuner Statistics Server to limit the FPS to 60? I just imagine changing your desktop refresh rate every time you want to load a game up -- especially one that's suited to short sessions like Downwell is -- would be a decent deterrent.

Annubis

I kinda want Pillars. I have Divinity which I put a bunch of hours into but not enough to leave the starting area.. maybe I should just play that and leave Pillars for later. But I keep reading that Pillars has the better story.

The first area in DOS was pretty much a third of the game for me.
So much to do in one tiny town.

I also took my time to stealthily murder everyone for sweet sweet exp.
Those guards are worth a fortune of exp at the beginning.

Ricker

The Shadowrun series is pretty cool isn't it? I really like the aesthetic of the world. Is Returns pretty good? They have the bundle for like $8 for all of them on steam. I have Dragonfall but haven't played it yet.

Yep,they are great and at that price,its a steal.

Could you use something like RitaTuner Statistics Server to limit the FPS to 60? I just imagine changing your desktop refresh rate every time you want to load a game up -- especially one that's suited to short sessions like Downwell is -- would be a decent deterrent.

Most likely. I'm just lazy and haven't tried another solution.

Vlad

You scared me. At first I thought this was from today, haha. Humble Bundles are my weakness (as my Steam titles count will attest.)

They seem to be the only bundle site that regularly gets the good games at this point. Bundlestars occasionally has a decent bundle, and Indiegala used to have a good one every now and then, but the possibility of a new Humble is what gets me excited every Tuesday.

I thought Hollow Knight pretty... hollow. Does Dead Cells actually live up to the hype?

It isn't finished. So, you can catch a good stride and then reach the "end" of it after a short bit from what I've seen.

If that's a problem, it might be worth staying away for the full release or a future sale.

I thought Hollow Knight pretty... hollow. Does Dead Cells actually live up to the hype?

uh...Hollow Knight is much much much deeper than Dead Cells, although its a completely different genre. I will say if you thought Hollow Knight was hollow though, I don't think you will care for Dead Cells as it is significantly shorter and less deep.

It is like a better Rogue Legacy (but shorter as it is in EA), so that is the place to start.

So I dont think I understand stickers. What happens after the sale ends? What is the point? At least badges are still there forever.

I think you have to complete a book for the whole sticker set and background to stay permanently.

In short, they kinda suck and this is kinda lame.

Oh well, in the end I bought Shadow of Mordor.
I'm very fond of Middle Earth and it would be a shame to pass on an occasion to play a good game in this setting, even if the story is fanfic.

Now I'm hesitating on whether or not I should grab The Evil Within 1.

I know the plot is a complete nonsensical mess, and I'm afraid that would not gel with me too well. I'm not sure if the gameplay and level design will be good enough to keep me interested.

There are about 4 or 5 games I really want to pick up, but I just know with my luck they will show up 3 days later on my Humble Monthly Bundle.

I think I'm going to wait till July 4th, grab just a few. Batman (Telltale), Thoth and Salt & Sanctuary. Maybe Dead Cells, then at least I can return them if I don't play them before the Humble announcement.

I feel like Salt and Sanctuary and Dead Cells may very well be on the monthly bundle.

Miletius

The Shadowrun series is pretty cool isn't it? I really like the aesthetic of the world. Is Returns pretty good? They have the bundle for like $8 for all of them on steam. I have Dragonfall but haven't played it yet.

Dragonfall has better characters, HK has a better setting. Both of those are worth playing. The original is kinda a bit of a nostalgia trip, but isn't really worth it unless you want to play all three.

Still glad I KS'ed all three. Without the mediocre first one we wouldn't have the incredible 2nd and 3rd ones.

There are about 4 or 5 games I really want to pick up, but I just know with my luck they will show up 3 days later on my Humble Monthly Bundle.

I think I'm going to wait till July 4th, grab just a few. Batman (Telltale), Thoth and Salt & Sanctuary. Maybe Dead Cells, then at least I can return them if I don't play them before the Humble announcement.

I feel like Salt and Sanctuary and Dead Cells may very well be on the monthly bundle.

Definitely a zero percent chance Dead Cells will be in monthly. It is brand new, early access and selling well. But you may as well wait (Play under 2 hours) just in case if you arent going to play it before then.

I am currently worried Technomancer will be in Monthly. I have played 2 hours and 20 minutes as per Steam. I wonder if I can still refund if it is included.

Teggy

Oh yeah, I forgot about The Evil Within. What's the overall thoughts on the base title and the season pass option?

I think it's a good price for EW + DLC. The game is somewhat polarizing. It is a creepy survival horror game - very dark and visceral with limited ammo. Jump scares at times. You can play without letter boxing on PC so that is probably helpful with the camera view I was stuck with on PS4.

The "The Assignment" is good. The othe DLC is kind of a weird thing - first person view where you play as a monster and score points. I actually didn't finish that one because it didn't appeal.

You have to decide if you fall into the category of people who liked the game for what it was.

tebunker

Banned
I have about 10 games sitting in the cart, covering a wide variety of games. Pretty surprised how I can talk myself in to and out of a game in ten minutes or so.

I have been waffling between Salt and Sanctuary or Hollow Knight. I know they are different types of games, but in general they will scratch a similar itch for me.

I also bought Dead Cells already and even thought its not finished it made me pause on Salt and Hollow knight as it kind of straddles a lot of places both those games touch. Even though it is altogether different.

The other problem I tend to notice is that a lot of folks recommend bery similar games, there are a lot of 2d puzzle platformers on steam for example. So i am trying to make sure I cover a wide variety. I am going to get sexy brutale for example.

Besiege is another game I remember a lot of people loving when it first hit early access and I never picked up they have an update and a price increase coming so I figured now is good.

Anyone have thoughts on Heart & Slash? It looks neat to me and isnt quite like anything else.

I am finally getting Portal 2, but can anyone recommend some other good same screen co-op games?

I am filling out the list with Kopanito - a neat soccer game in the vein of Super Strikers, Cosmochoria - Gafer made game I have always wanted, Wyv & Keep for the co-op and neat designs, Killer is Dead to scratch that action beat em up itch more, Westerado and Outland are games that I have put on and off my wishlist for a while and am now finally buying them. Lastly is Shadowgate for nostalgia.

I think that covers it. I am still hemming and hawing between Salt and Hollow. Their are more on my list but I don't have time. Its not the best steam sale but its pretty solid for spending about $45 and getting a lot of value.

AHA-Lambda

Anyone looking to buy the new Danganronpa, hold off, apparently it's to be in a store bundle with the other games, so I imagine there will be a discount if you own the others.

EDIT: up now, 10% off if you own the other 2 games. Less of a discount than expected =/

I really want to buy Just Cause 3 but i keep hearing the PC version is a buggy mess and should avoid..

might purchase Wolfenstein New Order...

I really want to buy Just Cause 3 but i keep hearing the PC version is a buggy mess and should avoid..

I dunno I bought it at release and had no problems playing on a 970 and I am sure it has been patched since then even.

Edit. 16GB ram

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

A lot of that has to do with the fact that the minimum and recommended system RAM figure is 8GB, which is utterly asinine. I guarantee you the game will run fine if you have at least 12GB RAM, at least 4GB VRAM, a modern Intel/Ryzen CPU with HyperThreading and, preferably but not necessarily, a sufficiently large SSD.

Purkake4

Banned
A lot of that has to do with the fact that the minimum and recommended system RAM figure is 8GB, which is utterly asinine. I guarantee you the game will run fine if you have at least 12GB RAM, at least 4GB VRAM, a modern Intel CPU with HyperThreading and, preferably but not necessarily, a sufficiently large SSD.
Can confirm that it runs like trash on 8GB.

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah I managed to play Just Cause 3 fine with 8GB fine, but it did require me to close almost every other program I had open on the PC. Definitely super RAM-hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom