• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I know I've been playing Assassin's Creed II before when it first released but I don't think I ever completed it, and I can't remember anything of it. So it's very interesting to see how the gameplay has evolved since the first one. I like the way you can pickpocket from people now, it seems more integral. Free running seems the same and the combat seems to also be somewhat the same so far. But it'll all probably open up when I get to Ezio's uncle's mansion.

gypsie

Any good rogue lite type games I don't already have? I have the "main" ones I would say already....

Isacc, ftl, rogue legacy, gungeon, throne, necrodancer, dead cells, spelunky, risk of rain etc etc

Everspace is the only one I am aware of that is supposed to be decent that I don't have.

Advice???

Tomasety

I'm thinking about picking up a JRPG during the sale. I've been looking at Xanadu Next, Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book, and The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, though I'm open to other suggestions. I'm not familiar with Nihon Falcom or the Atelier series, and I haven't played a Tales game since Symphonia.

Besides all preceding recommendations, I would add to the list The Last Remnant. Beware this game is often a hit or a miss for most people, in other words, you end liking it or hating it for the rest of your life.

Ladekabel

Any good rogue lite type games I don't already have? I have the "main" ones I would say already....

Isacc, ftl, rogue legacy, gungeon, throne, necrodancer, dead cells, spelunky, risk of rain etc etc

Everspace is the only one I am aware of that is supposed to be decent that I don't have.

Advice???

Do you already have Darkest Dungeon?

Wok

Advice???

I have not played any of them but I have seen some people praise these three:

References:

kionedrik

Advice???

That a look at:
- Hand of Fate
- The Swindle
- The Flame in the Flood
- Teleglitch
- Eldritch

TsuXna

I know I've been playing Assassin's Creed II before when it first released but I don't think I ever completed it, and I can't remember anything of it. So it's very interesting to see how the gameplay has evolved since the first one. I like the way you can pickpocket from people now, it seems more integral. Free running seems the same and the combat seems to also be somewhat the same so far. But it'll all probably open up when I get to Ezio's uncle's mansion.

I know what you mean, Pachi. I have played Dishonored long time ago and don't remember most of it. Now it's so much fun exploring all different routes that are available for the missions, optional quests and hidden rooms. It's amazing how many paths they provide you with to do a single mission.

Ayumi

Any game on Steam like Air Rivals/Ace Online? I'm not quite sure what I'm after other than shooter, something Sci-Fi space related would be cool. Bonus if on sale, but doesn't matter.

c0Zm1c

double-take.gif

Inkblot

Would any kind hearted individual be willing to gift Genital Jousting to me? Australia deserves wiggly penises too! I can Paypal etc

Edit: I guess not then eh

Danielsan

Valve's Steam Guard policy is super annoying. I got myself a new phone and thus had to remove steam guard from my old phone in order to activate on the new device. Now I have to wait 15 fucking days just to use the market. I really feel they need at additional security options to shorten that wait because 15 days is kind of ridiculous.

OmegaDL50

So I pretty much have all of the significant Metroidvania releases on Steam.

Valdis Story, Hollow Knight, Momodora: Night Under the Moon, Dead Cells, Ori and the Blind Forest Remaster, and a few other miscellaneous games like Dust: An Elysian Tail.

I guess I should probably grab Axiom Verge to complete my collection?

Valdis Story, Hollow Knight, Momodora: Night Under the Moon, Dead Cells, Ori and the Blind Forest Remaster, and a few other miscellaneous games like Dust: An Elysian Tail.

No Rabi Ribi.

Son. I am disappoint.

madjoki

Valve's Steam Guard policy is super annoying. I got myself a new phone and thus had to remove steam guard from my old phone in order to activate on the new device. Now I have to wait 15 fucking days just to use the market. I really feel they need at additional security options to shorten that wait because 15 days is kind of ridiculous.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8625-wrah-9030#transfer

Obviously it's too late now, but If you follow this, you'll only have 3 days or so wait.

jimboton

You could decide to be very brave and pick La-Mulana as well.

Also recommended: Aquaria and Elliot Quest.

Advice???
Unexplored!

It's one of the best roguelikes of 2017 and its still getting post-release development. Austin Walker over at Waypoint has a great video on it, if you want to see some gameplay.

Nabs

Hollow Knight going from 130k to 260k sold in a few days is wild. I can't wait to see how the numbers look by the end of the sale.

Headlander and Aquaria are a must as well.

jimboton

Advice???

Tumbleseed and Downwell?

Alefas

Neo Member
Someone asked it a few pages back but it wasn't answered.

I'm interested in Darkest Dungeon. Is the DLC important or can I just get the base game and the DLC later if I'm enjoying the game?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Someone asked it a few pages back but it wasn't answered.

I'm interested in Darkest Dungeon. Is the DLC important or can I just get the base game and the DLC later if I'm enjoying the game?

I think it's probably the case that the DLC is new enough that not a lot of people have bought and played it enough to weigh in on it's worthiness.

My understanding is the base game is pretty cool as is though maybe not for everyone in it's tone and design mechanics, i.e over the top lovecraftian loot grinding.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the DLC changes / adds to the main game, so if you want to play DD you might aswell do it with the Crimson Court now, because to play the dlc you would have to do it all over again anyway.

At least thats how I understand it.

KainXVIII

Damn, i think my mouse is dying, its work ok (i guess) in windows, software and relatively new games, but it works like shit in old games (ie. dosbox, blood 2, wadjet eye games strangely) - moves very slow and i almost can't move cursor diagonally (especially if you move it slow). 😳
Changing report rate from 1000hz to 250/125hz helps a little, but not much.
Mouse is A9 Bloody btw.

Dr.Acula

Banned

Guacamelee?

Advice???

Sublevel Zero (Descent-like roguelike, 50% off)
Flame Over (firefighting roguelike, 80% off)

Two great roguelikes I've played semi-recently.

KainXVIII

huh had no idea this was even coming to steam
kinda poor timing of them to release it tbh

Game description is pretty odd (poor translation?)

Princess Maker – Fairy Tales Come True was released on January 24th, 1997 for the PlayStation, and eventually being released on Windows, Sega Saturn, and Dreamcast systems. When it was first released, it did not include a numbering on the title, but it is widely known as .

aku:jiki

Yes - Forgot about that. I have that and the DLC.

I don't have any of those 3 Wok mentioned, i'll give em a go.
If classic roguelikes are OK, which is what Caves of Qud is, you really want to check out Dungeonmans, Tales of Maj'eyal, Sproggiwood and ADOM as well.

And keep in mind that Desktop Dungeons is a puzzle game with a roguelike skin on it, it's not actually a roguelike.

How is it with a controller?
Pretty bad. The controller support was never finished and was clearly abandoned halfway. Some functions don't make sense, you can't do some things with a controller, etc. They promise to keep working on it on the forums though, as recent as a few days ago.

Ricker

Thanks for the Faerie Solitaire tip guys...the basic is just like Fairway Solitaire but they throw in a lot of little extras as you progress that are cool for a Solitaire game...at 1 buck I picked it up and started playing a bit before bed last night and stopped an hour and a half later lol... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom