• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
I have just finished Valkyria Chronicles and I really liked it (except for the whole anime happy go lucky theme). Is X-Com a good choice for a game in the same genre?

Traded in some stuff to GameStop and got a Xbox Elite controller, the paddles will take some time to get used to but it's a damn fine controller, definitely has a more premium feel than regular Xbox controllers and I really like the texture/rubberized grip. $150 was really steep but I'm pleased with it so far.

Burt

I have just finished Valkyria Chronicles and I really liked it (except for the whole anime happy go lucky theme). Is X-Com a good choice for a game in the same genre?

Sure. VC sort of splits the difference between Japanese SRPGs and Western ones like X-COM, but if you're averse to the aesthetic/theme (I can relate), you're pretty much out of luck with the Japanese side of that equation on PC at this point. Regalia, maybe?

Battle Brothers might be a good option too, although I can't vouch for it personally.

Massive Chalice was a fantastic buy in the same genre for me at $1.99.

Keep thinking about possibly dumping my physical 3DS collection for a Switch with that Gamestop thing.

Bought Dishonored 2. Only AAAs this sale. I am such a AAA slut.

ilikeme

Bought Thief: Deadly Shadows. 80% off so it costs basically nothing. 1,79 euro.

Looking forward to playing it after I finish up Thief II :)

Whole series is 80% off so everyone be sure to grab it if you've ever been tempted. They're great games!

Defuser

Buying Rust for less than 10 bucks is one of good decisions ever. Already put in over 15 hours within 2 days, sure I'll get raided and my stuff gets plundered but that I know the risk when I bought this game. Time to plan out how to build a proper base.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does dishonored 2 still run like shit on pc?

That's still something of a YMMV thing. Try the demo; if the Karnaca Docks level runs well, you should be fine, with the possible exception of the Clockwork Mansion level a little later in the game.

Is What Remains of Edith Finch worth $15? I know it's short, but the only game of that style I've played and finished is Gone Home. I enjoyed it but knew I'd pretty much never play it again once finished.

Black_Red

Guys, can you recommend some good games for online coop for 3 people? (Hopefully on discount)

We're probably buying left 4 dead (and already played boderlands).

Any light/medium weight RTS games with a good single player campaign? Currently eyeing Halo Wars since I remember liking it for the 360. Already own Company of Heroes and Dawn of War (II).

Is What Remains of Edith Finch worth $15? I know it's short, but the only game of that style I've played and finished is Gone Home. I enjoyed it but knew I'd pretty much never play it again once finished.
What remains of edith Finch has a single much stronger sequence/ vignette than Gone Home, but the overall story is weaker imo.

You'll probably just want to play once through Edith, it's pretty linear there is nothing to miss almost in your first playthrough.

Any light/medium weight RTS games with a good single player campaign? Currently eyeing Halo Wars since I remember liking it for the 360. Already own Company of Heroes and Dawn of War (II).

Stronghold HD has an interesting campaign, the game is a bit different than traditional RTSs with heavy emphasis on turtling, but it's only 79 cents.

Red alert 3 is fun if you are into the whole FMV craziness.

Age of mythology has a great campaign as well.

Guys, can you recommend some good games for online coop for 3 people? (Hopefully on discount)

We're probably buying left 4 dead (and already played boderlands).

Monaco, co-op heist game. On sale for $2.09.

edit-

Can't forget Helldivers! I had a ton of fun playing it with EuroGAFfers on PS4! Though I live in CA, we never really experienced lag.

Nabs

Here's how to save money on Steam:

1 Pay $30 (or less) for Playerunknown's Battlegrounds
2 Play nothing else.

Best 2/4 player experience since L4D.

Infested Planet. Squad scale RTS against many hundreds of adapting aliens
ss_0a8ca79d6f94519f5451da9ebf672c7a45582961.1920x1080.jpg
ss_7fe7a27b199d5c0b671f01230de7a1b645205a2d.1920x1080.jpg

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Unforgiving Trials: The Darkest Crusade -- MB-A2DD3A0292DA9163 - Taken by DataGhost. 1 entrants total.

t1498530678z1.png

Ayumi

Finally today I can start trading my extra cards and craft badges. Changed my Steam password recently so it refused to let me trade. :<

Crayons

Banned
What are the best games (released in the past 2 years) that can run on toaster computers that are available for a good price this sale? If it's more than $5 I'm not interested

Ventara

What are the best games (released in the past 2 years) that can run on toaster computers that are available for a good price this sale? If it's more than $5 I'm not interested

Orwell is $5 and pretty unique. Same for Beholder. There's also Caravan and HunieCam Studio.

So I'm feeling like getting Dark Souls 1 but damn it's the only game on my 60+ games wishlist that is not on sale

If I may, DarkMaus, though it uses top-down gameplay, may scratch that Dark Souls itch.

yuraya

Check out Crypt of the Necrodancer. Its a really good rogue like with great soundtrack. Only 3 bucks too.

Crayons

Banned
Orwell is $5 and pretty unique. Same for Beholder. There's also Caravan and HunieCam Studio.

If I may, DarkMaus, though it uses top-down gameplay, may scratch that Dark Souls itch.

Downwell Downwell Downwell

Picking up Downwell, Orwell and Beholder as they all looked good.

Do...do people actually like that HunieCam game? Do people sit down and play a cam girl sim? Who asked for this

Also picking up Sunless Sea for $5.69 because it's the lowest it's ever been and I've been wanting it for years but never wanted to pay full price.

Check out Crypt of the Necrodancer. Its a really good rogue like with great soundtrack. Only 3 bucks too.

already have that one. i didn't like it tbh

Perineum

I grabbed Hollow Knight since everyone was raving about it.

Still got another $10.00 I could spend, but not sure what I should grab.

Darkest Dungeon I guess?

Teggy

Finished up my run of NuPrey, about 25 hours. I think I'll play a drop more to get another ending and then somewhere down the line I'll play with different powers and choices.

This is definitely an Arkane game - don't go in looking for bosses and gunplay (I don't even think that guy who goes crazy in Dishonored could turn this into a fast action game), go in for exploration and freedom to play how you want.

So far I've only gotten Stephen's Sausage Rolls and Devil Daggers, but I'm debating on whether I should go for the Infinite Warfare/MWR bundle. I know the standalone version is coming soon and I know all about the egregious microtransactions in the remaster, but is the community for the game dead on the PC version like everyone says? Should I use the money to get PUBG instead, though I don't know if I would like that as I haven't really played games like DayZ before.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Got Wolfenstein new order and it's amazing.
Also got my steam link today which is great! It syncs with a DS4 easily as hell.

Amzin

Picking up Downwell, Orwell and Beholder as they all looked good.

Do...do people actually like that HunieCam game? Do people sit down and play a cam girl sim? Who asked for this

Also picking up Sunless Sea for $5.69 because it's the lowest it's ever been and I've been wanting it for years but never wanted to pay full price.

already have that one. i didn't like it tbh

I played it because I'd never played a clicker game and I liked HuniePop so figured "why not" for like $2. It seems fine for what it is, but it is not a deep game :p I really just want HuniePop 2 and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So far I've only gotten Stephen's Sausage Rolls and Devil Daggers, but I'm debating on whether I should go for the Infinite Warfare/MWR bundle. I know the standalone version is coming soon and I know all about the egregious microtransactions in the remaster, but is the community for the game dead on the PC version like everyone says? Should I use the money to get PUBG instead, though I don't know if I would like that as I haven't really played games like DayZ before.

Seems so:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom