• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I chose a bad day to start up my Steam Client :/

kuAaUgy.png
Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue

Harlequin

I can recommend Ben and Ed. Super fun, wacky and challenging 3D platformer and it's only 4€ now.

EDIT: And the original Mirror's Edge is only 2,49€.

jack....

Too late probably but don't buy Doom 3 BFG edition just buy Doom 3 and the expansion alone. BFG sucks it is unmoddable, actually has worse graphics than Doom 3 somehow and also is much easier.

If you've have a VR headset or plan to get one, get BFG.

FoneBone

Joining Virginia in the category of short, story-driven games I want: Black Friday 1979 is $2.39, which I believe is a historic low, and Stories Untold is $5, which I think is as well.

Picking up all of these. Looks like some nice deals here and there, and a lot of very stingy discounts elsewhere (seeing a lot of 50-66% discounts on titles that have been 75% or more off on Steam or elsewhere in the past).

Spinky

Little Nightmares was discounted for me a few minutes ago. Can't remember by how much.

EDIT: 25% off. £11.99 here.

I got The Witcher 3 for free with my graphics card and have been meaning to buy the expansions. Steam doesn't recognize that I own the base game since it's on GOG. Will it still be okay to buy the DLCs on Steam?

Nope. You've gotta buy it from the store that you own the base game on.

Alternatively, you could buy the GOTY version on Steam, as that has the DLC and the base game.

I got The Witcher 3 for free with my graphics card and have been meaning to buy the expansions. Steam doesn't recognize that I own the base game since it's on GOG. Will it still be okay to buy the DLCs on Steam?
No, you'll need to get them on GOG.

If humble puts the witcher games on sale, those will be GOG keys.

Megasoum

Banned
So I want to finally give a CRPG game a try.

Which one should I go for between Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny or Torment?

I know the latter too are more recent but I don't really know anything about Torment and the setting for Tyranny doesn't interest me much... So I guess Pillars is the logical choice?

dimmer

GAF, metroidvania is one of my favorite genre. Between Ghost 1.0 for 6.49 Euros and Axiom Verse for 9 Euros which is worth it more? Mind you I have a Switch and Axiom Verse is coming there too

At least the benefit of a lot of the rogue-likes I wanted, many made by only a few (sometimes just 1) people is that even though they're not on sale I'll still pay full price to support them.

zulux21

It's really the Bill Buckner moment of Steam sales.

I just like to mention that I still hold a grudge even though it's been years :p

beyond that the number of people excited about some bad prices for games is just depressing.

so many people in here clearly don't do a good job of watching deals/ video game bundles, and don't visit resources like neogaf's buy sell trade thread.

I mean stardew valley for $9 is an absolute terrible price for a game that has been bundled twice and sold many copies at $4-$5 months ago.

it's not actively in a bundle so if you missed out on it I kind of get it, but i don't imagine it would take that long to get a copy from the buy sell trade thread if you set a decent price for it.

the worst one I have seen right now though is anyone interested in dark souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin.
It's $11.99 on steam.
it's $12 on humble bundle for the monthly which will get you that and like 5 other games in a week. but hey if you bought any humble bundle for $1 you likely have a 10% off coupon making it 10.80 instead.

or since it's part of the early release it's going for like $5 on any place that has an active market right now.

I mean steam is a great place for games, but far to often people seem to forget that steam is often not the best place to get games anymore.

Good grief Paradox. Dailies and Flash would put older DLC at 75% off. Then it was 60 or 66%. But now a max of 50%?!

Guess I'm done expanding CK2 and EU4.

It's really wild how much they've regressed in terms of pricing, especially when they've been so successful under the old strategy. On top of the "adjusted" regional pricing, it's making their stuff harder and harder to justify.

Those 75% off sales were the best.

RK9039

I know the latter too are more recent but I don't really know anything about Torment and the setting for Tyranny doesn't interest me much... So I guess Pillars is the logical choice?

I'd go with Pillars.

The division for 10 bucks mostly for single player, yay or nay?

I payed full price and liked it a lot. I mean you can just join randies for the "dungeons". Also I hear it got a lot better since loss in the single player department although I havent played in year.

There are nearly 100 games on my wishlist but i can't really see much with a substantial enough discount to be worth getting for sure. I hoped the games that have been out for quite a while now and have no multiplayer community or developer support anymore would have been 75% off, or at least noticeably better than the last time they were on sale, but it seems that's not the case.

Steam sales really do get worse ever year. There isn't even any community interaction at all anymore. It's gone from enjoying events (other than the cards) and keeping track of flash sales and daily deals to looking at my wishlist at the start and that's it.

Steel

Banned

I'd say Torment would be easier to get into since it's turn based. But Pillars is fine.

Javier23

Banned

None of those, go with the original Planescape Torment. You can pick up the recent Enhanced Edition.

zulux21

I don't think it will be unless the DLC are part of gog's uh... link program... I am blanking on the name.

gog has a service that allows you to link your steam account to gog and get some of the games you own on steam for free on gog.

Mudcrab

Pillars > Tyranny > Torment

Kadin

I don't remember this many problems over an hours into a new sale. Has it been that long that I'm remembering wrong or has the quality of their network diminished over the years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom