• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I want to finally give a CRPG game a try.

Which one should I go for between Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny or Torment?

I know the latter too are more recent but I don't really know anything about Torment and the setting for Tyranny doesn't interest me much... So I guess Pillars is the logical choice?

Tyranny is the best one. Also it's relatively short and doesn't drop off a cliff like Pillars.

Tyranny > Pillars = Torment

Also any reason why you are not considering Shadowrun: Dragonfall or Divinity: Original Sin? By far the best CRPG's to come out in recent years.

DataGhost

I don't remember this many problems over an hours into a new sale. Has it been that long that I'm remembering wrong or has the quality of their network diminished over the years?

They've always had problems. I remember one winter sale where I couldn't get it up all day

Amzin

GAF, metroidvania is one of my favorite genre. Between Ghost 1.0 for 6.49 Euros and Axiom Verse for 9 Euros which is worth it more? Mind you I have a Switch and Axiom Verse is coming there too

I preferred Ghost 1.0 myself, it is a little more modern. Axiom Verge is as close as you can get to 2D Metroid without getting sued though, so if you love the classics I'd recommend that one. Both are very solid games.

Grief.exe

I got The Witcher 3 for free with my graphics card and have been meaning to buy the expansions. Steam doesn't recognize that I own the base game since it's on GOG. Will it still be okay to buy the DLCs on Steam?

Nope. You've gotta buy it from the store that you own the base game on.

Alternatively, you could buy the GOTY version on Steam, as that has the DLC and the base game.

No, you'll need to get them on GOG.

If humble puts the witcher games on sale, those will be GOG keys.

Is the Witcher 3 DLC available on GOG Connect?

I know the latter too are more recent but I don't really know anything about Torment and the setting for Tyranny doesn't interest me much... So I guess Pillars is the logical choice?

Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall

GAF, metroidvania is one of my favorite genre. Between Ghost 1.0 for 6.49 Euros and Axiom Verse for 9 Euros which is worth it more? Mind you I have a Switch and Axiom Verse is coming there too
Axiom Verge is so good I'm probably going to rebuy it on pc. No regrets.

Don't forget about Divinity Original Sin and Wasteland 2.

And if by try you mean try a CRPG for the first time, the new Shadowrun games are a good entry point. They're not too complex but still well made and well-written.

Silvawuff

Tempted to bite on Nier: Automata for $40. Knowing how SE sticks to its guns with pricing, that's as good as it's gonna get for a long time.

The big question is (and forgive me if this has been asked already in this thread), did they fix the technical issues with this game?

Tizoc

Tempted to bite on Nier: Automata for $40. Knowing how SE sticks to its guns with pricing, that's as good as it's gonna get for a long time.

The big question is (and forgive me if this has been asked already in this thread), did they fix the technical issues with this game?

Noooooooooooooot yet :X

Kadin

No sale on PUBG is disappointing. I wanted to pick up an extra copy for a friend but not paying full price again.
I'm really surprised at how many people are expecting a sale on this game. You'd think the high praise it has received and countless hours many people have put in would justify the $30 entry fee but I guess some just want a discount regardless...

Lime

The new patch made it worse and broke the FAR patch as far as I gathered. And the free camera as well.

The new patch made it worse and broke the FAR patch as far as I gathered. And the free camera as well.

That was 3 months ago, wasn't FAR updated?
Anyway, there are still some issues and it's fucking ridiculous SE hasn't fixed them yet. Those issues don't happen to everyone, so I'd buy it, play for under 2 hours with FAR to see if it's working well enough. If not, refund.

Amzin

Is the Shadow of Mordor DLC any good? Base game is at 4€ and the GOTY upgrade adds another 4€.

I would say it really depends - the hunt one I thought was kinda lame, the Bright Lord is essentially 50% more campaign redux but harder. So it just depends on how much you love(d) the main game. I wouldn't say any of it is required and I did love the game.

J3ffro

Iron Brigade for $1.49 means I'm going back to it. I remember good things from the 360, and a few RL buddies have been talking about playing more co-op. Hard to beat that.

_Aaron_

Is there some sort of bug with the summer trading cards? I just got 13 of them for doing my discovery queue once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom