• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danneee

The hell, only two out of six games on my wishlist are discounted.

How can Ikaruga not be discounted?!

edit: wait, there's just something wrong with Steam. It's discounted.

And CoD Franchise 0-50% off made me chuckle.

I saw Civilization 6 + X-Com 2 pack for 39 € and then it was gone...

It'll be back, just give Steam some time to sort things out.

The wishlist is unreliable. The store page is more reliable.

But everything is still in flux.

I think this is the worst the sale has ever been in terms of usability? But I might be forgetting a previous sale.

Ladekabel

Trails in the Sky Second Chapter still not more than 35% off.

wsod.gif

Amzin

Empyrion (50%)... worth it?

If you like Minecraft, it's sci-fi Minecraft with quite steady and significant updates. They have a big Alpha 6.0 update recently I need to try out. It does have some quirks but again, if you like Minecraft, you'd probably like Empyrion.

For those asking about Hollow Knight - it's easily my GOTY right now, but it is very much a difficult Metroidvania. Backtracking is inherent, and the difficulty is no joke, although I never found it frustrating. The world building and atmosphere are top notch for me. I bought it at full price and feel like it was worth more, I didn't do anything for fun besides play this for like 2 weeks after I got it.

I love Metroidvanias in general, and atmospheric games in general, so it was a perfect intersection for me.

Joining Virginia in the category of short, story-driven games I want: Black Friday 1979 is $2.39, which I believe is a historic low, and Stories Untold is $5, which I think is as well.

edit: wait, there's just something wrong with Steam. It's discounted.

And CoD Franchise 0-50% off made me chuckle.

Wait a few hours and try again. Steam is always in broken mode when summer and winter sales first hit.

as it has been for a while now.
once pricing issues get resolved in the first few hours those will be the prices for the sale the whole time.
thus there is very little reason to care about the steam sale beyond looking at the prices once.
Thanks. I haven't really paid attention to the steam sales in a while since my PC died a few years ago so it's quite a bit different than the last time I splurged on one of these. Since I only have a pretty old Mac there is only so much I can play on it.

Dr.Acula

Banned
btw I just want to mention I dislike every single one of you people who voted against Ikaruga a few years back to get it to a 75% off discount. (I think something stupid like fallout new vegas won which had been on sale for the price it was going on flash sale for multiple times)

been waiting years.... and it's still stuck at a 50% off discount :/
I shall forever hold out for 75% off and continue to hold a grudge :/

It's really the Bill Buckner moment of Steam sales.

MLH

Was going to say "what a terrible sale, less than half of my wishlist is actually on sale" but it seems like things are just a bit slow.

ag-my001

Good grief Paradox. Dailies and Flash would put older DLC at 75% off. Then it was 60 or 66%. But now a max of 50%?!

Guess I'm done expanding CK2 and EU4.

UberLevi

I got The Witcher 3 for free with my graphics card and have been meaning to buy the expansions. Steam doesn't recognize that I own the base game since it's on GOG. Will it still be okay to buy the DLCs on Steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom