• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeD

I have Witcher 3 Vanilla on GOG and want all the expansions. Is it more cheaper for me to just double dip on the Steam Complete edition at this point?

nope the steam complete edition is still $25 and the season pass on GOG goes onsale for less than $15 pretty much every sale.

My haul this sale

SmPO0Vm.png

XxCGSxX

A bit of googling told me that this is probably an issue on Steam's side that should be fixed within 24 hours. Hang in there :O
Tried it on the web browser store and it works. It's the steam client that's not letting me add to cart. Thanks!

Dead Cells and Streets of rogue. Any opinions?
Dead Cells has super satisfying combat, and in that regard, is one of the best in the roguelike platformer genre. However it is more action than platformer. Weapons are fun to use and you can mix and match to create your own effective synergies and styles

Streets of Rogue is really fun. The speed of roguelike combined with the ambitions of lite immersive sim. A ton of interesting classes, perks, and interacting systems that let you experiment with different ways to complete objectives.

Kadin

I'd have a hard time recommending Torchlight 2. I really wanted to love it, but things just felt ... off. And I loved the first one.
Really didn't care for it either, and yet it seemed from the outset it was overall an improvement in every way from the original.

I've been playing a ton of PoE over the past year and it's only going to increase once the expansion is live. I'm playing the CB right now and it's solid so far.

Dead cells is cheaper on bundle stars i think.

As for how it is, I played it for only 40 min this afternoon but I'm in love with it.

Dead Cells has super satisfying combat, and in that regard, is one of the best in roguelike platformer genre. However it is more action than platformer. Weapons are fun to use and you can mix and match to create your own effective synergies and styles

Streets of Rogue is really fun. The speed of roguelike combined with the ambitions of lite immersive sim. A ton of interesting classes, perks, and interacting systems that let you experiment with different ways to complete objectives.

Welp, looks like I'm buying both. Thanks guys for the help!

Slayven

Stardock and Ampltiude, you kinda of blow. Not having nearly year old content on sale? I can understood if ti came out a few weeks ago, but damn

Alucrid

Banned
i would totally pay like $10 just to run through Infinite Warfare's campaign but cods never go that low. what are some good single player FPS on sale?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
damn just noticed they dont even have ESO on sale

Yeah, although the Morrowind expansion got a (not terrible) discount. It's a shame, I was hoping to get some Crowns on sale like they sometimes discount during the Summer Sale.

nbraun80

People, recommended me something like Diablo. Torchlight still the king?
never really could get into torchlight, so I'd say PoE or Grim Dawn are your best bets. Also PoE has been constantly improving(with 5 new acts releasing soon) and I play it quite a lot, if you've tried it years ago I'd say at least give it a retry now.

epmode

Dead Cells has super satisfying combat, and in that regard, is one of the best in roguelike platformer genre. However it is more action than platformer. Weapons are fun to use and you can mix and match to create your own effective synergies and styles

I bought Dead Cells recently and I'm very impressed. Feels like some lovely fusion of Castlevania and Dark Souls. I think I'll wait for the final release before I play any more.

People, recommended me something like Diablo. Torchlight still the king?

Path of Exile is the best with the caveat that I'm in the beta for v3.0 and it makes a lot of great improvements. The new mini-map alone would make it hard for me to go back to the current live version. So I'd strongly recommend playing it, but wait for v3.0 to officially come out. It's FTP and all paying can get you as far as gameplay advantages are more (and better organized) stash tabs so it's very playable without spending a cent. Alternatively, if you buy the $30 bundle right now, you get $25 in store credit (which is plenty to buy all the specialty stash tabs), some visual stuff, and beta access.

Next to Path of Exile, my favorite is Grim Dawn (on Steam). It's Titan Quest's successor with an undead/lovecraft theme. Currently half off on Steam ($12.50).

Thanks. Friggin' JoJo fans.

I always find something from yours that I'll never see elsewhere. Gonna have to check out sphereFACE.
From the reviews I've read, it's essentially roguelike Asteroids in spherical arenas, with enemies, power-ups, and physics in how asteroids crack and shatter. So you have to learn to master the movement and how to manage your weapons and power-ups since projectiles circle around the sphere until they hit something. That means being too reckless can result in you being overwhelmed by debris as your bullets hit asteroids behind you, among other consequences

Path of Exile is the best with the caveat that I'm in the beta for v3.0 and it makes a lot of great improvements. The new mini-map alone would make it hard for me to go back to the current live version. So I'd strongly recommend playing it, but wait for v3.0 to officially come out. It's FTP and all paying can get you as far as gameplay advantages are more (and better organized) stash tabs so it's very playable without spending a cent. Alternatively, if you buy the $30 bundle right now, you get $25 in store credit (which is plenty to buy all the specialty stash tabs), some visual stuff, and beta access.

Next to Path of Exile, my favorite is Grim Dawn (on Steam). It's Titan Quest's successor with an undead/lovecraft theme. Currently half off on Steam ($12.50).

Did they implement any internal trading system? Or is it still on whoever runs poe.xyz?

Did they implement any internal trading system? Or is it still on whoever runs poe.xyz?

No internal system, but poe.trade can be hooked up to premium stash tabs so it's a lot better than it was a couple years back. Personally, I'm a fan of SSF (solo-self find) which was introduced as an official gameplay mode not long ago, so I don't bother with trading at all.

Kadin

Trading is still being done on poe.trade and that won't change anytime soon. They know people want an in-game solution but they've never hinted at it happening anytime in the near future, if at all.

With that said, poe.trade has always worked great for me both selling and buying.

Omadahl

Banned
I'm thinking about Dead Cells but it's reminding me a bit of Salt and Sanctuary which was a bit too punishing for my taste. Can anyone comment on the difficulty scale? I'm also don't the Final Fantasy free trial to see if I want to jump aboard.

Budi

If I didn't really like Pillars of Eternity due to the conbat, is there still a chance I might like Tyranny or Torment: ToN? Even if it isn't much different, I can get passed it if the exploration and atmosphere is interesting enough.
For turn based combat I'd recommend looking into Wasteland 2 if that is something you are interested in.
Question: Is DE: Mankind Divided good enough without the DLC or should I pick that up. Kind of tempted.
I say yes, one of my favorites last year. To me it felt bit improved from Human Revolution, especially the side quests and level design. Though it didn't hit like a truck this time, since my expectations were so high. Might have been third in my GOTY votes after XCOM 2 and Blood & Wine. Pulling the trigger on the DLC myself now.

I've updated the OP with actually relevant information to the sale.

Tizoc, that was... bad.
tumblr_o67h75D3OA1qgojgxo5_r1_400.gif

Trading is still being done on poe.trade and that won't change anytime soon. They know people want an in-game solution but they've never hinted at it happening anytime in the near future, if at all.

With that said, poe.trade has always worked great for me both selling and buying.

I essentially do solo but a lot of builds need specific items so I buy them. Selling stuff is a hastle only because who knows wtf anything is worth. I am excited for 3.0 though.

Jimrpg

I'm not sure I should get anything I have too many games as it is that I haven't played and I already got over 70 games this year.

Will pick up Vive La France for Euro Truck Simulator 2 as i need it for mods. Was hoping for 50% off Planet Coaster but I don't really have time anyways.

Azull

Whoever updated the OP (cause I'm certain it wasn't the OP), thank you you kind soul. Not the hero we deserved but the hero we needed.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Forever sad that Ultra Street Fighter 4 and Gauntlet's DLC are not even 5% discount
Gauntlet's DLC is so frustrating because it hardly ever goes on sale on the steam store, so I can never use my wallet credit.

Finally picked up Trails In The Sky but can't seem to add Lisa to cart. Anyone else have same issue?
Cart seems bugged in general, I'd wait a day or two before checking out. Make sure you remember what was in your cart though, I think Steam has been randomly deleting some games out of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom