• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Trading Cards : get trading cards and turn it into stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
So what's the best way to actually get additional cards? I want to complete the Dota set and need three more. I guess I could just buy them for $.75 each or whatever but that seems against the spirit of the thing.

giving valve money seems exactly like the spirit of the thing

creid

So what's the best way to actually get additional cards? I want to complete the Dota set and need three more. I guess I could just buy them for $.75 each or whatever but that seems against the spirit of the thing.
I think the "free" spirit of the thing would be to get cards from other games, and trade for the game cards that you do like. Seems easier to spend a couple bucks to buy them.

creid

The market for these cards is wild (at least the TF2 ones.) Just about every character was selling for $0.39-40 at the lowest this afternoon, now the lowest prices are about double that.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I have a full set of Don't Starve cards, but seeing as they're all going for $1+ on the market, I'll probably just sell them.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I added the friend bot but have no idea how to use it

Invite it to trade. When the trade window opens, put the card you want to give it on your side. Type add cardname in the chat window to get it to give you a card. For example if you want a spy card, type add spy. When he adds the card, mark as ready, he'll mark as ready, then you complete the trade.

luiztfc

Does anyone have a Don't Starve 50% coupon to trade?

I have:

66% Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity
50% Euro Truck Simulator 2
50% DLC Quest
25% Tropico 4
66% Fallen Enchantress
50% Psychonauts

KarmaCow

You also have to buy something from the store if you're using the F2P version.

Does simply becoming premium after the beta launch bump you up to 5 card drops? If not, you need to spend ~$9 to get a single card drop, though you can do multiple times.

If you were premium before the beta launched, you should be get about 5 card drops before it runs out, though you can spend $9 to get another card drop.

Yea but how do i get it? Is it a message popping up like achievements or is it literally an item in the game?

You wont know unless you check your Steam inventory. There is no in-game notification if it being added to your Steam inventory (unless they added that recently).

Does simply becoming premium after the beta launch bump you up to 5 card drops? If not, you need to spend ~$9 to get a single card drop, though you can do multiple times.

If you were premium before the beta launched, you should be get about 5 card drops before it runs out, though you can spend $9 to get another card drop.

You wont know unless you check your Steam inventory. There is no in-game notification if it being added to your Steam inventory (unless they added that recently).
ok thanks.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
You get a steam overlay notification that an item has been added to your inventory when you get card.

Symphonic

I have a spare Chell card for Portal 2 for anybody that has double of any other P2 card except The Lab and Mannequin.

How do you get that Achievement Showcase on your profile?

Edit Profile and change your showcase (or add if you don't have one). You need to be level 10. You get two showcases at level 20.

I have some games sitting in my inventory I'll trade for cards, why not?

Revenge of the Titans > 4 Portal 2 Cards.
Dungeons of Dredmor Complete > 4 Portal 2 Cards.
Binding of Isaac > 2 Portal 2 Cards.
Binding of Isaac DLC > 1 Portal 2 Card.

Chronoja

Are there any resources out there regarding how much trade value games have in cards?

I have a handful of spare games sitting in my inventory that I could probably trade for a few cards but I'm not sure how to gauge their value. For example, a giftable copy of XCOM, it hasn't been on sale (on steam) for less than £10, with the highest pricing cards for Don't Starve hitting £0.70 that's ~10+ cards (£7.00), assuming I want to make it lower than the sale price, it sounds a bit unreasonable to the point where I doubt I'd get a trade out of it.

DarkKyo

Help please.

I got card drops for the first week of the beta but my weekly drop limit hasn't reset -- I can't get anymore cards still besides the initial drops I got in the first two days of the beta. Does anyone know why my drop limit isn't resetting, or is the limit more than a week?

Acorn

Help please.

I got card drops for the first week of the beta but my weekly drop limit hasn't reset -- I can't get anymore cards still besides the initial drops I got in the first two days of the beta. Does anyone know why my drop limit isn't resetting, or is the limit more than a week?

It doesn't reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom