• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sale 2018

Kadayi

Banned
Cottage_Share.jpg

https://store.steampowered.com

Ah Friend, [vis_name][/vis_name]. Once again it is time for the Steam Winter Sale, coupled with the 3rd Annual Valve Steam Awards.

This year's theme is along the lines of an advent calendar with every day the chance to unlock a variety of items including profile backgrounds, emoticons and assorted unique knick-knacks (Valve's word) according to the blurb that will level up your Knick-Knack Collectors badge. Seemingly the Cosy Cottage above only covers the first 4 days, so presumably, it will be followed by some breaking and entering allowing us like all good adventurers to rifle through every cupboard and drawer for choice goodies.

Better hope there's some Gold in the Village Lord Gaben, that's all I can say. Otherwise, things could get very cosy indeed: -

GraciousJealousIndianrockpython-size_restricted.gif

Anyway mayhap despite the upcoming festivities, you dear [vis_name][/vis_name]. might deign to share your choice discoveries as you search the store for gaming gold, impress us with your purchases or tales of generosity to your fellow gamers.

Let the Game of Owns begin.

tenor.gif

Yakuza 0 is about 13 bucks on Steam. Not sure if it will get any cheaper since we don't know if we'll get one-day special promotions, but for this price you can't go wrong. It's a nice slice of Japanese culture, likable characters, a silly yet endearing story, nice beat 'em up gameplay and chock full of side activities. It's certainly a massive game for the little money that it's asking.

Kingdome Come is also 50% off, biggest discount since it released on Steam.

Last edited:
Yakuza 0 is about 13 bucks on Steam. Not sure if it will get it any cheaper since we don't know if we'll get one-day special promotions, but for this price you can't go wrong. It's a nice slice of Japanese culture, likable characters, a silly yet endearing story, nice beat 'em up gameplay and chock full of side activities. It's certainly a massive game for the little money that it's asking.

Kingdome Come is also 50% off, biggest discount since it released on Steam.

It's cheaper right now on Chrono.gg! By $1.50.

Iggzy

Fallout fans get yourself ATOM RPG, its amazing and in top sellers for a reason, i'm actually surprised there's no thread here about it.

Ooh, some decent discounts: -

30% off Hitman 2. Which is a decent discount on a great recent title: -

Fanatical has it at the same price and if you use Fanatical10 code you get 10 percent off on top of it. Or they have been sending 15% percent off codes with any purchase so if you buy something super cheap you can use the 15 percent off code for the whole cart. I did that during the Thanksgiving sale on about 4 games in the cart.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/hitman-2

Greenman also has it for 37 and they have the GMG12 code for another 12 percent off.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/hitman-2-pc/

Last edited:

InvictusBlurp

Neo Member
I started to play the first Sword Art Online on Vita and never finished it, i will do the mistake to buy it again on Steam and never finish it too :)

I have the other two SAO games on ps4 and never played them too.....

So weird seeing your own username in the OP. Cool, but creepy too. Nothing so far stands out to me, was hoping for a deeper discount on JC4, but other than that, might just get a few games to gift friends.

Stuart360

Fallout fans get yourself ATOM RPG, its amazing and in top sellers for a reason, i'm actually surprised there's no thread here about it.
I was looking at that the other day, but i'm a couch gamer and it doesn't have controller support, which seems to be a thing with Russian games. Are controllers like evil in Russia or something lol.

Iggzy

I was looking at that the other day, but i'm a couch gamer and it doesn't have controller support, which seems to be a thing with Russian games. Are controllers like evil in Russia or something lol.
I think it's due to dev team being small(11 devs or so) and it's recently came out of early access.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi How is ZeroRanger? Been thinking of picking it up. That and maybe Rival Megagun.
It's incredible. Definitely one of the best shmups to come out in a while. Out of all the ones I linked that would be the one I'd recommend most.

I haven't tried Rival Megagun yet but I am a big fan of Twinkle Star and it looks to be similar.

EDIT: Kamui is another really good one and is also on sale. For pure shmups it would be a tossup between Kamui or ZeroRanger.

Last edited:

Wag

Will Singularity ever be less than $7.50? Geez.

Steam is down for me right now. The sale must have killed it.

Last edited:

Fbh

Nothing particularly interesting so far.

Got Dragons Dogma for half as much the other day on GOG (thank you gog and your regional pricing )

Last edited:

sol_bad

Steam is a bit annoying as an Aussie. I get emails about my wishlist but half the games have no pricing as the developer/publisher hasn't created an Australian price.
:(

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
The only game I might buy is Doom 3 BFG. My first Doom was the 2016 game. I'm super excited for Eternal and was wondering if 3 BFG is worth picking up?

The only game I might buy is Doom 3 BFG. My first Doom was the 2016 game. I'm super excited for Eternal and was wondering if 3 BFG is worth picking up?

It's an OK game. I haven't played it in a long time, but I have a feeling it hasn't aged particularly well.

Top Bottom