• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEINS;GATE |OT| El. Psy. Congroo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mononoke

Banned
There's a bunch you can read: manga's, light novels and short stories. There are also a couple of drama CDs etc if you're interested. It's unfortunate that we aren't getting Hiyoku Renri no Darling though, which is a spin-off of the VN, tossing the cast in weird and funny situations.

If you're interested in the list, let me know, either here or via PM and I'll PM the link.

Can I get a PM too? Steins; Gate is my favorite anime series, and I would love to experience more of the world. I'm actually about to start the VN for the first time. So I'll be focusing on that extensively. But I would love to know about more material (like LN or Manga). I would really appreciate it.

Garteal

Done. Enjoy your fresh playthrough of the VN. It's pretty good and detailed and nice to make comparisons with the anime if you've seen it prior to playing it.

MetalDeer

Can I get a PM too? Steins; Gate is my favorite anime series, and I would love to experience more of the world. I'm actually about to start the VN for the first time. So I'll be focusing on that extensively. But I would love to know about more material (like LN or Manga). I would really appreciate it.

Have fun with the VN! It's best to play it blind the first time you go through it. It's pretty obscure how you go about getting the true ending, which is also the 'canon' ending portrayed in the anime. I had to use
this flowchart
to get all of the endings.

*Definitely don't look at this until you've done a blind playthrough, though.

Mononoke

Banned
Have fun with the VN! It's best to play it blind the first time you go through it. It's pretty obscure how you go about getting the true ending, which is also the 'canon' ending portrayed in the anime. I had to use
this flowchart
to get all of the endings.

*Definitely don't look at this until you've done a blind playthrough, though.

Will do. I've played some VN briefly, and I do find that's the best way to enjoy it. Play it once blindly/freely, then go back and try to get the other stuff with some help. It's all enjoyable either way. Can't wait to jump in!

Necrovex

Done. Enjoy your fresh playthrough of the VN. It's pretty good and detailed and nice to make comparisons with the anime if you've seen it prior to playing it.

The VN will answer a lot of the 'plothole' esque questions like
why Okabe never faced any mortal danger during his time leaps. I didn't understand how that man got so 'lucky' in any of those jumps until I played the VN.

MetalDeer

The VN will answer a lot of the 'plothole' esque questions like
why Okabe never faced any mortal danger during his time leaps. I didn't understand how that man got so 'lucky' in any of those jumps until I played the VN.

You mean
why Okabe couldn't be killed while he was time leaping? Didn't Kurisu say something along the lines of the time the machine spent sending his memories back in time would be cancelled out by the butterfly effect, or something like that?
I thought that explanation was a little sketchy, myself. Unless I'm forgetting something, or I missed something.

cj_iwakura

Heh, I was showing the prologue to someone and it crashed right when Okabe sends the text to Daru. Didn't happen again when I reloaded...

The VN can be so much more immersive.

MetalDeer

Heh, I was showing the prologue to someone and it crashed right when Okabe sends the text to Daru. Didn't happen again when I reloaded...

The VN can be so much more immersive.

Ha, that's great.

Speaking of the VN, does anyone else have this problem? The screen constantly looks like it's being cut diagonally from the top left to the bottom right. I tried looking it up, and it seems like it's an issue with AMD's video drivers, so I guess I can't really do anything to fix it. It does go away in fullscreen mode, though.

1td61eO.jpg

This is the best screenshot I could get of it.

cj_iwakura

Ha, that's great.

Speaking of the VN, does anyone else have this problem? The screen constantly looks like it's being cut diagonally from the top left to the bottom right. I tried looking it up, and it seems like it's an issue with AMD's video drivers, so I guess I can't really do anything to fix it. It does go away in fullscreen mode, though.

This is the best screenshot I could get of it.

That happened in the fan translation too. Not sure of the cause... but it's not just you.

Also, the crash was caused by the movie loading when Okabe sends that text. I hope it's not a recurring thing...

Necrovex

You mean
why Okabe couldn't be killed while he was time leaping? Didn't Kurisu say something along the lines of the time the machine spent sending his memories back in time would be cancelled out by the butterfly effect, or something like that?
I thought that explanation was a little sketchy, myself. Unless I'm forgetting something, or I missed something.

I don't even remember her saying that statement, but the explanation is completely different.

StayDead

Awesome, thanks for relaying it here! Now we need someone to translate it.?

Not perfect as although I can understand it I have no idea how to properly translate it back to English, but here I go.

Mayuri: tuturu~. Hey hey, listen. Me and Kurisu are going to...
Kurisu: Make some kareage!
Daru/Okabe: . . . WHAT!?
Okabe: Out the way! If you do that the lab will fall into the depths of hell!
Daru: It won't be pretty!
Kurisu: I think you're over-exaggerating
Mayuri: It's fine. Today we've got a secret weapon!
Okabe: A secret weapon?
Kurisu: It's nothing that'd come from your chuunibyou imagination, it's this!
Upa: Hello, I'm Upa! I'm a cognitive computer attached to a personality!
Okabe: Cogni... hmm, so you're saying it's going to help us?
Upa: Yes! I'll support you.
Upa: Preparing the ingredients, how to cook them, one point advice etc, etc. (something I can't make out), I'll become your servent.
Daru: Well, like this it could be fine couldn't it?
Okabe: Understood, let's believe it.
Okabe: Upa! No, Cognitive computer yo! Show me you can get my assisant and Mayuri to make the perfect food!
Kurisu: Why are you so self-important...
Mayuri: Well that is Okarin...

Upa: Well then firstly, I'll present the recipe for karaage.
Kurisu: Bird leg meat, flour, potato starch,
Mayuri: Then we have osake and soy sauce.
Kurisu: Let's get ready!
Mayuri: ok!

Okabe: well... what are these?
Upa: Beef, Chocolate, Apricot puret, Eggs, Banana etc!
Okabe: This is completely different to what's required for karaage isn't it?!
Daru: This is awful...
Mayuri: We didn't have the right ingredients in the lab...
Okabe: Then wouldn't it have been better if you went and brought it?
Kurisu: It's strange... we didn't have any flour, but we had apricot puret which is kind of rare... who had... eh!? Hashida!?
Daru: If you're wondering why I had it, if I ever got a girlfriend then there's a chance she'd want to cook at the lab right?
Kurisu: Forgetting Hashida's delusions for a second, no matter what theory we had it's impossible to make karaage with this.
Okabe: ... that's why I said go and buy the stuff.

Upa: Well then! Let's think of something else to make with it.
Mayuri: Amazing? You can do that!?
Upa: Leave it to me!
Mayuri: We did it!
Kurisu: It's finished!
Okabe: and this is?
Upa: a Chocolate Burrito.
Daru: Looking at it I don't think it seems so bad...
Mayuri: I know right!
Mayuri: Okarin, Daru-kun, give it a taste!
Okabe: hmmm, fine. You two did all this, so let me decide the resolution. Daru, you can go first.
Daru: You said all that to pass the buck to me?
Okabe: Oi... you said just now you you didn't think it looked that bad didn't you!?
Mayuri: Okarin... if you really say you hate it that much I'll be reeally sad...
Okabe: F-Fine... it'll be ok if I eat it right? If that is!
Okabe: It's delicious...
Kurisu: Of course it is! You were worried too much.
Okabe: It's me, somehow it appears I've seen an illus-, no it appears I'm enjoying the taste of something great. It's a possibility that this is an agency trap
Kurisu: Good grief, you haven't changed at all have you...
Mayuri: This is all thanks to upa-san!
Okabe: El, Psy, Congroomai. (a pun, umai being delicious and Congroo being Konguru(mai))

Is this from a radio drama? That's the vibe I get.

Hm...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-promote-ibm-next-generation-computing/.79939

The popular game Steins;Gate is collaborating with IBM's next-generation computer research initiative "Cognitive Computing" on a series of original anime shorts.

"Cooking" and the other three shorts ("Navigation," "Fashion," and "Kaigi" or Meeting) show how computer will improve life in the future.

The current collaboration came about when Steins;Gate creator and MAGES . President Chiyomaru Shikura talked with IBM Japan's representatives.

cj_iwakura

So I just got Robotics;Notes PS3 for $18. How's it compare to SG? I also have the anime, so thoughts on both are welcome.

StayDead

So I just got Robotics;Notes PS3 for $18. How's it compare to SG? I also have the anime, so thoughts on both are welcome.

I really enjoyed the anime and I'm playing the game currently myself. It's not as good as S;G but it's still very enjoyable, the characters are nice and the story is cool :>

tumblr_mf0mogODkk1rbtx3po1_500.gif

cj_iwakura

I really enjoyed the anime and I'm playing the game currently myself. It's not as good as S;G but it's still very enjoyable, the characters are nice and the story is cool :>

tumblr_mf0mogODkk1rbtx3po1_500.gif

I plan on watching the anime and stumbling through the VN. Should be fun!

How's the dub? As good as S;G's?

clem84

Gold Member
I just watched the series for the first time about a month ago when the complete bluray collection came out in North America. This is one of the best anime I've ever seen. The characters are so lovable. What happens at the end of episode 12... HOLY HELL I totally did not see it coming and it brought tears to my eyes. I then proceeded to watch the remaining 13 episodes within a day. I did not want this anime to end but it had to I guess. When I was done I knew I would be rewatching the series at some point. Oh and that opening theme...

Clearly one of the best openings in Anime history. I have it on my phone and I watch it every now and then.

cj_iwakura

I just watched the series for the first time about a month ago when the complete bluray collection came out in North America. This is one of the best anime I've ever seen. The characters are so lovable. What happens at the end of episode 12... HOLY HELL I totally did not see it coming and it brought tears to my eyes. I then proceeded to watch the remaining 13 episodes within a day. I did not want this anime to end but it had to I guess. When I was done I knew I would be rewatching the series at some point. Oh and that opening theme...

Clearly one of the best openings in Anime history. I have it on my phone and I watch it every now and then.

The game's openings are even better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neb4HWtDaHI

Has some spoilers though.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The Committee of Antimatter was delayed to January 2015.

I'm intrigued by it if only because it's being recognized as a sequel to the series.

I haven't been a fan of some of the other LNs and manga...

I read the synopsis of it and looked interesting. Hopefully it is a well-contained story, like the movie.

Cloudy

Banned
Just finished this. Wow, it's quite possibly the best anime I've EVER seen. I am kicking myself for not watching this when it first aired.

Now, for the movie :D

Maybe they realized that a true sequel had enough potential to make it a visual novel...
Right? ;_;

Edit: I wonder if I should keep my Oldaru avatar after this? Though I'll probably keep the Santa hat at least through Kurisumas.

Reading Steiner posted a little insight: http://tempusedaxrerumtl.com/2014/12/22/committee-of-antimatter-cancelled/

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but today 5pb. has officially announced that the Committee of Antimatter Sequel Novel is no longer being worked on, and the project has been completely scrapped. While no specific reason is given, they cite various production problems as being the ultimate cause of cancellation. This is likely because of the repeated delays, rumored difficulty with the plot and the fact that the artist is currently busy with a magazine serialization.

Unfortunately there’s nothing we can do, Committee of Antimatter is now officially off the table.

- Steiner

StayDead

It's sad, I was looking forward to it but maybe we'll get a sequel visual novel instead in the future :>

Wasn't a big fan of the non huke art anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom