• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate |OT| Name Subject to Change

ys45

If you have zero flags for Kurisu you'll get Mayuri's ending, so may as well do that first. The true ending is just
Kurisu's ending plus everything after the fake credits roll. You'll have Kurisu's ending marked as completed if you clear the true ending, so there's no reason to do it twice.

Alright Thanks

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What are the text issues? If it is what I think I've seen earlier here, it's not, but I'd rather know what it is exactly.
I think they're referring to the way the text would just break on the cellphone so...

A messa
ge coul
d look l
ike this b
ecause o
f no wrap
ping.

Yeah, it's just like that in the NA version as well.
Ahh. A shame, but not a deal breaker.

Bladenic

So since I've gotten into Danganronpa, can anyone tell compare the two for me? What I've read on this game has me very interested. Anyone here a fan of both?

Numb

Dang bought this on sale after hearing some really positive stuff and also loving SG anime. Have very little xp in VNs tho.
Hope i can beat it before MGS drops.

So since I've gotten into Danganronpa, can anyone tell compare the two for me? What I've read on this game has me very interested. Anyone here a fan of both?

i love both but they are different

Steins;Gate is a competent sci-fi story that has a good supporting cast and story. Its really hard to compare the two as danganronpa is batshit insane that is loaded with crazy twist. While Steins;gate is just more...grounded but still has some really good story telling.

I like both of them. Steins;Gate is a better story in my mind, especially for the development of the main character.

As far they go as games, they aren't that similar. Danganronpa has a lot of game play, obviously, while Steins;Gate is a pure visual novel. The only interaction the player has is making the occasional choice (usually responding to a text message or phone call). Story wise, Steins;Gate is a lot more character driven, and doesn't have as many twists (although it does have some). Steins;Gate is also a much slower burn. It takes quite a while for the story to really kick into gear, and the early chapters can be fairly slow.

But if you're looking for a good story driven VN experience, you can't go wrong with Steins;Gate. It's truly fantastic.

Preordered.

Managed to completely avoid finding out where this story is going at all and what it does to earn its reputation. I look forward to the ride.

ys45

I did
Kurisu
ending yesterday , what a sad ending compared to the others

Even if I already saw it, I think I'm gonna do the true ending .

Shiina

Is there a spoiler free guide to getting the true ending? Sort of like that flow chart for 999?

This is mostly spoiler-free as long as you don't scroll ahead too much anyway. It looks very convoluted at first but it's pretty easy to understand once you actually start playing and trigger some of the events.

Jachaos

I feel so stupid with this question but how do I take out my phone very early on in the game? I have this "Now, where did I put my phone..." "I check my pants and coat pockets" "Let's press the Phone triggers button and call the cellphone"

Shizuka

I feel so stupid with this question but how do I take out my phone very early on in the game? I have this "Now, where did I put my phone..." "I check my pants and coat pockets" "Let's press the Phone triggers button and call the cellphone"

Square or start, depending on your controller scheme.

Yasumi

Banned
Vita? Should be triangle.

What the... I swear I tried every possible button to the point of trying to hit the microwave with the back touchpad and nothing worked. Now I just unlocked my Vita from sleep mode and hit those buttons and it appeared. Thanks!

Probably what happened was that you were trying to do it when the help dialog was onscreen.

Jachaos

Probably what happened was that you were trying to do it when the help dialog was onscreen.

I tried it both during dialogue and the help pop-up. Must've been bugged or something. When I came back from the lock-screen there was nothing on screen at all except the background, not even the date, and that's when I pressed Square Triangle and Start and when the UI reappeared the phone was there.

Shiina

What the... I swear I tried every possible button to the point of trying to hit the microwave with the back touchpad and nothing worked. Now I just unlocked my Vita from sleep mode and hit those buttons and it appeared. Thanks!

There are a few scenes during which you can't pull out your phone.

jonjonaug

Not really, I'm glad I didn't order one.

Chapter 2 and I'm starting to get sick of Okabe, does it get better?

Yes.

Some people like Steins;Gate from the getgo, some people like it once time fuckery begins in earnest, and some people only like it after the halfway point. I don't think I've ever seen anyone call Steins;Gate a bad game/anime though. Keep at it, it's not universally liked for no reason.

jonjonaug

You didn't pass the Miyano test, please return your good taste badge.

To be fair it takes a few chapters for Miyano to find his groove as Okabe in the game. I think Steins;Gate is one of Miyano's best performances ever, if not his absolute best, but in the first three or so chapters he hasn't really gotten the role down yet (compare his laughs from chapter 1+2 in the game to his laughs for the same content in the anime, for instance).

Hugstable

Banned
Huge fan of the anime, already on Chapter 4 and am loving this so far. It's nice to get an expanded look into a story I already really enjoyed, and after watching the anime I was left with wanting more details about everything. Ever since I first watched the anime in 2012 I've been waiting for this game to finally be localized, and the Vita version was finally the one I bought into. The wait has been worth it so far.

Prelude.

To be fair it takes a few chapters for Miyano to find his groove as Okabe in the game. I think Steins;Gate is one of Miyano's best performances ever, if not his absolute best, but in the first three or so chapters he hasn't really gotten the role down yet (compare his laughs from chapter 1+2 in the game to his laughs for the same content in the anime, for instance).
Yeah, definitely, his laugh in the game is way weaker than in the anime.

Rice LE for NA is now delayed to Sep 18. Man, what's the hold up.
Just received the same e-mail from Rice Digital regarding the delay and I'm wondering the same thing. An extra little detail that might be worth tossing into the thread would be that they've officially sold out of all limited edition stock stating, "The response to [El Psy Kongroo] and the release of the game in North America has surpassed prediction." It's really unfortunate that Steins;Gate isn't going to make it in time for the summer season more-or-less for those holding out for the LE, but it provides some breathing room to tackle Phantom Pain at the least.

Top Bottom