• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STELLAR BLADE |OT| Twitter May Cry

Jacob0101

Graphics are quite crap
What are you talking about? Graphics are Stellar:
H3ncm1.png

Denton

That OT is straight fire. And OT title, I don't even. Perfection.

Now, the game just needs to cross over to PC so I can join in on the fun.

CLW

2 “chapters” in really enjoying the combat - difficulty seems balanced

The ONLY issue I’m having is I’ll clear an area and MULTIPLE times i couldn’t figure out where to go next

Aenima

Should I skip activating some camps to save vitcoins? Both after abaddon seem not needed
I have been activating them all and never run out of coins. But im an explorer, i look everywhere for hidden stuff before moving to the next objective, dunno how it is for ppl that just follow the main objective.

Reactions: Isa

bender

What time is it?
Just got through the Construction Zone Sewers. My pace is pretty slow but I'm enjoying the exploration and grinding a bit which has helped me come to grips with the combat. I do think the patch helped out a bunch as I didn't care much for the demo. Love the visuals and soundtrack, just wish more costumes were available earlier on.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
I’m about 6hrs in and loving the absolute crap out of this game. I remember the original reveals and tbh thinking “although it looks good there’s not a hope it’ll look like that on release if it ever does and if it does it’ll be shallow af”. How wrong I was! I’m a little lost for words at just how good it is.

I hope it does ridiculous numbers. The devs certainly deserve it.

Made it to the monorail, and now the babys up, so maybe more later/tomorrow.

Loving the [look] and feel so far, and the very rewarding exploration.

Also the SOUNDS on my 5.1 room surround is great!

TrebleShot

Game is actually good fun graphics a little better but the soft presentation is a bit annoying.

Playing on story mode is good fun but has a couple of challenging bits it’s a nice mix of you’ll do most things first time but if you don’t heal and have a half decent strategy you’ll die so it’s not like you can’t die or your invincible.

Switched to Korean dub with subs which I never do in games but the English VO is quite bizarre since they are British and being a Brit myself it’s proper weird and jarring hearing them.

Luipadre

Game is actually good fun graphics a little better but the soft presentation is a bit annoying.

Playing on story mode is good fun but has a couple of challenging bits it’s a nice mix of you’ll do most things first time but if you don’t heal and have a half decent strategy you’ll die so it’s not like you can’t die or your invincible.

Switched to Korean dub with subs which I never do in games but the English VO is quite bizarre since they are British and being a Brit myself it’s proper weird and jarring hearing them.

Korean VA is much better and suits the characters way more. English VA is really weak

Last edited:

Vlodril

I was following this game since it was announced as Project Eve ages ago and for the longest time I was totally looking forward to it. I assumed it was going to be the new DMC/Bayo/Nier. I am not a fan of Souls type games, I don't need that stress in my life. I like easy-breezy combat that encourages and rewards skill and good timing, but doesn't absolutely demand it. I never enjoyed the the 3D Ninja Gaiden games, I hated Demon's Souls on PS3 so much that I never even bothered with Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro, Nioh, Elden Ring, or whatever other soulslikes followed in its wake. So I got nervous about a year ago when the Stellar Blade director started hinting that the game was going to incorporate some soulslike elements. The demo confirmed it, and that was a bitter pill to swallow. Happy for the soulslike fanbase that now they have yet another game they can brag about and sneer at me to git gud. I'm still playing Stellar Blade, though. And enjoying it. On Story Mode For Sucky Little Babies Who Can't Play Games Gud. =P

Not a fan of the Soulslike games either but is much easier (so far at least). Combat is fun but not really hard at all.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m REALLY enjoying this game, the aesthetics is gorgeous and combat feels great.

Also don’t feel like the combat is going “Souls like“, I would say the feel of the combat is much closer to Astral Chain more than anything.

Played for about an hour and so far it's great. Combat is weighty and fun. Parrying and dodging takes a bit of getting used to but it's rewarding when you nail it. Oh and Eve is awesome, hot and badass. Can't wait to play more.

Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom