• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade Releases on April 26, 2024 | State of Play

rofif

Banned
Is there a single *gotdamned* thing those people are NOT offended by? Lord, it's unreal how many things they take umbrage with.

The game looks great. Eye candy? That shit has been around for years. Dead or Alive Xtreme anyone? Didn't see anyone up in arms there and it did well enough to get a sequel.

It sells. Deal with it.
You have realize these are people who are unlikeable and couldn’t find gf in real life, so they turned to circle of other same people. They all only have themselves hence high number of lgbt in these circles.
And the resentment towards real women come from being rejected.

ToneyJ

Is there a single *gotdamned* thing those people are NOT offended by? Lord, it's unreal how many things they take umbrage with.

The game looks great. Eye candy? That shit has been around for years. Dead or Alive Xtreme anyone? Didn't see anyone up in arms there and it did well enough to get a sequel.

It sells. Deal with it.
I’d argue we haven’t had a sexy female protagonist like this since the 00s. Which is why some of those Era weirdos are losing their minds right now.

Looks great, but I'll never get to play it if there isn't a PC release in the works. I'm not spending 450+ dollars on a box for just one game, Sony, but you can take 70 of my bucks on Steam for sure. Even if it takes two years to hit PC I'd definitely buy the game, it has to actually come though. I'm still waiting on Bloodborne, Shadow of the Colossus remake and Gravity Rush 2 to be ported over, hopefully this won't be the fourth.

tommib

Shift Up should add this as a paid skin and call it #4Era:

il_570xN.2790249607_4kgf.jpg

Finally, progress and inclusion.

It's weird.

There was a time 10+ years ago that seeing sexy girls in a game would make me suspicious that it would be bad because they were trying to appeal to players on the basis of something other than gameplay.

But now in the crazy clown world we call current year, developers act more like the game is medicine they are prescribing me rather than a form of entertainment. Things have come full circle so that now seeing such a hottie feels like a signal from the developers that they want the game to be fun.

Sweet baby or sweet booty?

it ain't even rly a choice

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
al pacino great ass GIF

You know what. After lies of P I have some faith that this upstart studio could nail the Nier Automata clone.

Hopefully this ends up as amazing as lies of p did and we could have a surprise game of the year runner here.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It's weird.

There was a time 10+ years ago that seeing sexy girls in a game would make me suspicious that it would be bad because they were trying to appeal to players on the basis of something other than gameplay.

But now in the crazy clown world we call current year, developers act more like the game is medicine they are prescribing me rather than a form of entertainment. Things have come full circle so that now seeing such a hottie feels like a signal from the developers that they want the game to be fun.

Sweet baby or sweet booty?

it ain't even rly a choice
e4iIdVJ.gif

Baki

Looks great, but I'll never get to play it if there isn't a PC release in the works. I'm not spending 450+ dollars on a box for just one game, Sony, but you can take 70 of my bucks on Steam for sure. Even if it takes two years to hit PC I'd definitely buy the game, it has to actually come though. I'm still waiting on Bloodborne, Shadow of the Colossus remake and Gravity Rush 2 to be ported over, hopefully this won't be the fourth.
You should just buy a PS5. At least 2 of those titles won’t be coming to PC and there are countless back catalog titles that won’t make the jump either.

That said, I think this game will get ported. PC is big in SK.

Crayon

Trying not to get too excited, but the showing left it looking it's best yet. Could miss that British accent, though.

Mister Wolf

Yes, we are the crazy ones...

They're crazy and some guys on here are obsessed with them. A lot of the time guys that got banned. Hence me comparing it to a guy wasting his time checking in on a chick that dumped him. Why do you give a fuck what a bunch of male and female feminists are saying over there so much?

Bkdk

Sucks that there is no pc version at ps5 launch, will have to double dip on pc for the nude mods. Also hopefully there will be extensive, varied, heart pumping death scenes like the classic tomb raider games. Gotta bring those gaming golden days back.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

They're crazy and some guys on here are obsessed with them. A lot of the time guys that got banned. Hence me comparing it to a guy wasting his time checking in on a chick that dumped him. Why do you give a fuck what a bunch of male and female feminists are saying over there so much?
To measure the state and speed of decline of that place.
It wasn't much different from GAF when it started, but now nobody can say anything remotely sexual or anything negative about MS.

Mister Wolf

To measure the state and speed of decline of that place.
It wasn't much different from GAF when it started, but now nobody can say anything remotely sexual or anything negative about MS.

Why do you care? I guess man. We just see the world different.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Why do you care? I guess man. We just see the world different.
Just Curiousity.
I don't care for the issue at all, I'm gay, Eve could be naked rubbing her boobs non stop or dressed in a burka and I would only care for the gameplay either way.
Good thing the sexualization of men is widely accepted (but sadly, it's not often seen).

GymWolf

Gold Member
The initial project was indeed quite small in scope. It expanded when it became a PlayStation Studios game and from funding and tech support by Sony.

Everything looks great now, and it looks like a ton of fun with ample amount of content!
When did they become a sony first party?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I have a feeling that many "games journalists" will give low scores in an effort to tank the metacritic score. I expect it to be in the 70s even if the game is good.
Thats why you dont need "score" to tell you what game is worth it or not.....especially for game like this which I guarantee you it will tigger many reviewers just for the character design.

Last edited:

Gojiira

Banned
Last article I could find in a cursory search said timed exclusive on PS5. No idea if it's true or what the length is.
Please stop with the bullshit false info…Game is PUBLISHED By Sony, it is fully exclusive…No Xbox but likely a PC release

Mister Wolf

I was talking about a PC release. I know it physically hurts to not be a Sony fanboy for .0000000000002 seconds, but chill....
Zoom In Ghidorah The Three-Headed Monster GIF by Turner Classic Movies

The better this game sells the longer they will stall the PC release. I have a feeling this game will be well received as we don't get many high budget character action games.

Reactions: Isa

Pejo

Gold Member
The better this game sells the longer they will stall the PC release. I have a feeling this game will be well received as we don't get many high budget character action games.
It's possible that ShiftUp has some sort of say on how long the exclusivity lasts too. They have a LOT more money now than they did when the game was first announced, thanks to their mobile division. I am really curious how they handle this though. I'd prefer a 0 day to 3 month window, but I doubt Sony is so generous to offer a deal with that small of an exclusivity blood pact.

All these dudes probably have a tera patrick plushie with conveniently placed holes for when they feel lonely, you can't tell me otherwise.
I'd actually be proud of them if it was a Tera Patrick plushie. It's more likely to be a plushie of an "actually she's 1,000 years old" anime dragon girl, who looks like she's 10 years old.

SSfox

Very excited for this especially as a bta fan, after Ragnarok this one and Wukong are gonna be neat

Last edited:
You should just buy a PS5. At least 2 of those titles won’t be coming to PC and there are countless back catalog titles that won’t make the jump either.

That said, I think this game will get ported. PC is big in SK.
I respect your opinion, but that's not going to happen. About 95% of the games that even interest me on a yearly basis also release on PC, so it wouldn't make sense for me to spend that much money on something that would just sit collecting dust. That's what eneded up happening with my PS4. I suppose I've just truly been done with consoles that aren't from Nintendo for a long time now. With that being said, I'm getting a Steam Deck OLED soon and I'm definitely grabbing the Switch 2 when it finally arrives in stores as well. These two will be my last console/handheld purchases for the next several years.

Top Bottom