• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade Score Prediction Thread

Where does the review aggregate score for Stellar Blade lands at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I doubt that when Rebirth may not have reached that number.
I genuinely have zero idea what this is going to sell. I certainly wouldn't have predicted Helldivers 2 sales. FFVII got 90+ and that didn't really matter. Rise of Ronin bombed. K-dramas are huge on Netflix. Too many variables.

saintjules

Pro: Game is showcasing some of the best visual fidelity so far this generation. Great combat mechanics and unique style animations.

Con: Story might be dull/something we've heard before

Last edited:

Luipadre

Pro: Game is showcasing some of the best visual fidelity so far this generation. Great combat mechanics and unique style animations.

Con: Story might be dull/something we've heard before

Im there for the plot

Also the plot :

eve-stellar-blade.jpg

krumble

Low 80's is my guess.

The game is pretty, but the combat and controls aren't dialled in enough to really grab me as a must purchase title day 1.
Sony are pushing the marketing like crazy because what really do they have that's unique, fairly big budget and exclusive the next 6 months?
Sony is really dropping the ball on exclusives to drive PS5 sale IMO

I know they are different games, but if this was dialled in to Returnal levels of precision and control I would be day 1, but I'll carry on finishing off FFvii rebirth & the new scenario for FF16 and do a new game + on Alan wake 2 for the time being thanks, hopefully will have dropped in price after that

Mozzarella

It sparked a controversy (a silly one) so i think some bitter journalists may drop it down and look to nitpick as much as possible with it. Plus its a new IP from new developer, this makes it harder to earn good scores, look at Lies of P a great game, yet still scored on low 80s

Mokus

I'm afraid some game journalists will review bomb it. For that reason I think it will score between 70 and 80. But for gamers it will be around 85.

Normally I'd say 81-85 which is what i voted for but realistically I won't be too surprised if it drops to the 70s.

I expect these virtue signaling weirdo male feminist game "journalists" to go hard on it just like the IGN France guy did.

I miss the old days when we didn't have all this bullshit in gaming, and games were judged based on how good they played and not on how well they push idiotic agendas.

Last edited:
Hmmm, 83 meta is my guess, my personal score will probably be closer to 90 but let's see what happens, reviews never dictate what I buy. Only a couple of more days to go boys!

[Sigma]

Went with 76-80. I really don't know how this is going to go with the variables involved.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
When is the OT going up

We need the real collective thread for the bonafide circlejerk of the year.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
If Eve turned out to be trans, would the media be praising the game or they’ll still be bitching about it?
Honestly, I'd love that. Would be hilarious to see everyone on here question their sexuality. If they're inspired by Yoko Taro, maybe they will do that.

solidus12

Honestly, I'd love that. Would be hilarious to see everyone on here question their sexuality. If they're inspired by Yoko Taro, maybe they will do that.
I’m mostly referring to the woke mob that’s trashing the game, maybe if she’s trans, they’ll praise her for embracing her sexual identity.

DeepSpace5D

It’s going to receive more criticism than the average game, that’s for sure. Some of it will be fair and some of it won’t.

I think low 80s in the long run would be considered a success in Stellar Blade’s case.

I don't think the scores will do anything to sales figures for this one.
It'll be bombed by all leftist news outlets and such but it will sell like hot cakes.

I was not that impressed by the demo beyond the visuals. 76-80 is my guess.

It'll be nice to be proven wrong and the game is actually fire.

rkofan87

Gold Member
No idea honestly. I played the demo and found the combat, story, and level design lacking. However, it has gotten a fuck ton of publisher marketing, from Sony. Only recent game I can think of that reminds me of that is FFXVI.

Predicting high 80s. But the hype bubble will break in 2 months. Lots of people will like it. Lots will call it overrated. Generally well made but divisive game.
this if i played the demo be for i ordered i would have held off till it was $50 or less.

Crayon

Politically motivated reviews won't be many. What you will see is a lot of them briefly acknowledging that there is a controversy and moving on.

"In Korea, there are not many opportunities to create console games, so there is a strong desire to make good games for global users. When Stellar Blade is released, I hope it becomes an example that South Korean game developers can develop a console game."

"If you are a player who enjoys Singleplayer console games you will know how much the developers love the culture and how much they put their love and hearts into it. I hope you have a great time with its charming character, captivating worlds and formidable foes. Just grab your controller and enjoy."

Men_In_Boxes, Alex bubugaga and all confused purple hair individuals:
Angry Wrestling GIF

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
"In Korea, there are not many opportunities to create console games, so there is a strong desire to make good games for global users. When Stellar Blade is released, I hope it becomes an example that South Korean game developers can develop a console game."

"If you are a player who enjoys Singleplayer console games you will know how much the developers love the culture and how much they put their love and hearts into it. I hope you have a great time with its charming character, captivating worlds and formidable foes. Just grab your controller and enjoy."

Men_In_Boxes, Alex bubugaga and all confused purple hair individuals:
Angry Wrestling GIF
Think_outside_the_box_Always_cropped.gif

Moochi

Reviews will all be like "I cannot review this game without first addressing the elephant in the room--the unnecessary and disturbing serialization of Eve, the protagonist...." and then rant about that for 1/3rd of the article before going, "And that's unfortunate because Stellar Blade is, well...stellar."

Nearly perfect game, 8/10 (-2 for literally killing women)

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I said 81-85. I watched Asmongold play it and while there is much fanfare to be had, the combat itself didn't look all that fun to me. It's like it's trying to be dark souls but it's missing something. Can't quite place my finger on it. One man's opinion. Of course this was just a demo and I could see shit getting real crazy with chicks getting limbs lopped off and the tragedy of seeing so much ass getting laid to waste.

I'm sorry, what are we talking about again?

Strategize

Step 1) Gets a mid 70's score,
Step 2) People have meltdowns about woke journalists.
Step 3) Pretend like it's a masterpiece as some sort of protest against game journos.
Step 4) A month later no one talks about it because it turns out that it was in fact slightly above mid, and isn't really worth talking much about beyond culture war brainrot.
Step 5) Onto the next culture war talking point.

Last edited:
Step 1) Gets a mid 70's score,
Step 2) People have meltdowns about woke journalists.
Step 3) Pretend like it's a masterpiece as some sort of protest against game journos.
Step 4) A month later no one talks about it because it turns out that it was in fact slightly above mid, and isn't really worth talking much about beyond culture war brainrot.
Step 5) Onto the next culture war talking point.
is this your wet dream?

Top Bottom