• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streamer Sparks Debate Over Whether Twitch Should Allow Breastfeeding.

Dural

Why? It's a 21st-century job. Just like blogging or being an influencer due to social media sites.

Your mom might have been doing that, but there's literally millions of people that are against you mom doing that back then and millions more against women doing it now. It's just a fact.

Maybe there are, but it's likely a vocal minority. Breastfeeding has been a normal part of the American culture forever, shit, they had it on Sesame Street and Mr Rogers when I was a kid. My wife asked my mom recently if she every heard anything from anyone for breastfeeding in public, no one said a thing. What it seems to be to me, the younger generation wants credit and attention for doing what is normal. If you don't give them it, they see you as anti breastfeeding and want to attack. This woman doing it on camera proves that all she is seeking is attention.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Shouldn't breast feed anyway. Breast milk is full of flame retardant chemicals.

No, I'm not joking. Google it, it's crazy.

Depends on the person. Most breast milk isn't full of toxic chemicals. Re-read the papers.

OT: Who gives a shit? If you want to breast feed, do it. The thing that bothers me is the bitching about "maternity leave" as a streamer. I would argue you should get a real job and contribute to society.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Maybe there are, but it's likely a vocal minority. Breastfeeding has been a normal part of the American culture forever, shit, they had it on Sesame Street and Mr Rogers when I was a kid. My wife asked my mom recently if she every heard anything from anyone for breastfeeding in public, no one said a thing. What it seems to be to me, the younger generation wants credit and attention for doing what is normal. If you don't give them it, they see you as anti breastfeeding and want to attack. This woman doing it on camera proves that all she is seeking is attention.

I'm here to tell you that many people hate public breastfeeding. And lets say it's a vocal minority like you said.....then that means it's going to take a vocal minority to push back on those people. And that's more than likely the people that we are hearing from on social media. No reason to attack them as attention-seeking women. Now this thing on Twitch......yeah it's weird since Twitch wasn't really made for things like this. Youtube was though.

OT: Who gives a shit? If you want to breast feed, do it. The thing that bothers me is the bitching about "maternity leave" as a streamer. I would argue you should get a real job and contribute to society.

Being a streamer is a real job. But it's a job that doesn't come with the normal benefits like healthcare and maternity leave, so you are correct there.

Last edited:
I'd be more impressed if she could toss a cat over her head while simultaneously breastfeeding her future disappointment to society (the kid barely stands a chance with a narcissistic sociopath as a mother)

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
How many careers allow for children to be present? Very few. I have no problem with breastfeeding in public as long as some measure of respect for others around you is considered, but when you are working, work and be with your kids on your own time.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Breastfeeding is necessary for human development, it is even a normal practice of humanity. I don't understand why there is still stigma in this action.

tkscz

While I find it weird she'd choose Twitch for breastfeeding, nothing sexual about it. It's feeding a child, it's only sexual to those who have a fetish for being breastfed. Also how the fuck do you pronounce Margaux ? Is it like Margo?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Streaming as a job needs to die.

Definitive.

Is not even a Job...

It's just laziness and hobby. Nor should it be labeled as a Job. The thing about being Streaming and youtubers is even a problem worldwide.

They are creating young people to be more lazy and to be turned into beggars

manfestival

I say bring on the breast feeding. Just means more of a show for those that are hoping for that one second of pure bliss.

prag16

Banned
In that it’s a perfectly natural bodily function that the general public doesn’t necessarily want to watch you do.
No, I get it. But putting them on the same level is ridiculous. I don't think women should have to worry about this. They should be able to feed their child whenever/wherever they want (within reason) including in crowded public places if they feel comfortable doing so, and they should not need to worry about whether it offends some neckbeard's sensibilities.

Whereas taking a shit out in the open in front of a crowd will offend basically EVERYONE's sensibilities and is incredibly unsanitary to boot.

Aintitcool

Banned
I'm all for breast feeding... but I feel like this case was done strictly for views/attention.

Myself, I'll never complain about seeing a titty
It's in the just chatting section of twitch. This streamer all she does is talk about raising her baby, husband, lifestyle, friends and herself. Being on stream for multiple hours means that if the baby is crying, feeding it and than continuing the conversation(someone else was in the room with her). Feeding a baby can be as time consuming as 40 minutes. Putting a baby back down to sleep can be a multiple hour thing.

I don't know why you guys keep thinking she wants to do it for the views of perverts. I don't think t hat fetish exists on the internet and if it does it must be very small. All I see is a mother who wants to not be taken down from a web streaming platform because she's also at the same time raising a human.

Last edited:

Iced Arcade

It's in the just chatting section of twitch. This streamer all she does is talk about raising her baby, husband, lifestyle, friends and herself. Being on stream for multiple hours means that if the baby is crying, feeding it and than continuing the conversation(someone else was in the room with her). Feeding a baby can be as time consuming as 40 minutes. Putting a baby back down to sleep can be a multiple hour thing.

I don't know why you guys keep thinking she wants to do it for the views of perverts. I don't think t hat fetish exists on the internet and if it does it must be very small. All I see is a mother who wants to not be taken down from a web streaming platform because she's also at the same time raising a human.
color me corrected.

angelic

Banned
Why? It's a 21st-century job. Just like blogging or being an influencer due to social media sites

I hate it. The entitlement to revenue, the lazy proponents (female in low cut top), and look at the useless, lazy, SJW generation created alongside.

My grandfather survived a sank battleship in ww2, lost all of his records (as in vinyl), has his wife sent a telegram he died. My father worked in a coal mine for 30 years, saw some terrible things. A streamer gets some late payment from patreon, or a verbal insult, and theyre in pieces. I watch a few, cant stand most. Theyre 90% useless and talentless clowns.

mckmas8808

I hate it. The entitlement to revenue, the lazy proponents (female in low cut top), and look at the useless, lazy, SJW generation created alongside.

My grandfather survived a sank battleship in ww2, lost all of his records (as in vinyl), has his wife sent a telegram he died. My father worked in a coal mine for 30 years, saw some terrible things. A streamer gets some late payment from patreon, or a verbal insult, and theyre in pieces. I watch a few, cant stand most. Theyre 90% useless and talentless clowns.

Maybe 90% are useless to you, but if they have a good following then clearly they are useful to somebody. And you should know that the physical stress someone goes through doesn't equal the amount of money someone gets. And it doesn't equal how upset someone is allowed to be.

Your grandfather fought in a war, so that his kids and grandkids could live in a better country than he did. This is the result of living in a better country. You get to complain about stuff that's less serious than things were 70 years ago.

angelic

Banned
We're allowed to disagree, I dont mind. I also think people had more character through hardship. You need some hardship to forge it. I find these mewling, bleating, soppy streamers utterly unwatchable, and an affront to what was fought for. But its just my take. You neednt like it.

Last edited:

Helios

Why should they allow it!? What does it have to do with video games?
I am not a wowser but there is a big difference between needing to feed your baby in public when it is hungry vs broadcasting the feeding of your baby to the entire internet. I can't understand why anyone would have any legitimate reason to broadcast it online. Turn the internet off, feed your baby and come back later.
Twitch hasn't been about video games only for a long time, unfortunately. The "Just chatting" category (as in people doing jack shit like reacting to youtube videos and walking down the street) is about as popular as Fortnite. Which is funny considering it's history with Justin.tv

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
No, I get it. But putting them on the same level is ridiculous. I don't think women should have to worry about this. They should be able to feed their child whenever/wherever they want (within reason) including in crowded public places if they feel comfortable doing so, and they should not need to worry about whether it offends some neckbeard's sensibilities.

Whereas taking a shit out in the open in front of a crowd will offend basically EVERYONE's sensibilities and is incredibly unsanitary to boot.

Don’t shitshame me bro

They say that about pissing, too, and yet... :pie_smiling_hearts:

Dear Penthouse Forum

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Maybe 90% are useless to you, but if they have a good following then clearly they are useful to somebody. And you should know that the physical stress someone goes through doesn't equal the amount of money someone gets. And it doesn't equal how upset someone is allowed to be.

Your grandfather fought in a war, so that his kids and grandkids could live in a better country than he did. This is the result of living in a better country. You get to complain about stuff that's less serious than things were 70 years ago.

My forefathers didn't fight in wars so that new generations can cry about things that aren't an issue. They fought so we didn't have to suffer through actual atrocities.

This isn't living in a better country. These entitled children are actively making it worse by creating problems where there are none.

mckmas8808

My forefathers didn't fight in wars so that new generations can cry about things that aren't an issue. They fought so we didn't have to suffer through actual atrocities.

This isn't living in a better country. These entitled children are actively making it worse by creating problems where there are none.

Hmmm...yes they did. And just because you don't personally find it to be an issue, doesn't mean someone can't complain about it. Literally, every issue that GAF talks about could be "considered" a non-issue. Yet here we are with platform to discuss our "issues" with things.

And again no one is entitled just because they air their complaints in the public. That's not how any of this works.

Last edited:

StormCell

What's next for these people? I suppose they will want to normalize taking a shower, too! "Hey, I was just talking to my friend over Twitch while showering!! Perfectly normal!! I was neked and stuff, why you remove me??"

StormCell

Hmmm...yes they did. And just because you don't personally find it to be an issue, doesn't mean someone can't complain about it. Literally, every issue that GAF talks about could be "considered" a non-issue. Yet here we are with platform to discuss our "issues" with things.

And again no one is entitled just because they air their complaints in the public. That's not how any of this works.

Yep. Freedom of Speech. Freedom to complain about everything without risk of the Gov driving a tank over you for doing so.

Barnabot

"Twitch doesn’t offer any form of maternity leave" :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Why would someone even consider it would be a possibility for a streaming service to offer ever something like this.

Anyway all this is so ridiculous. I don't get offended or turned on by breastfeeding, its like a neutral zone for me. But the fact that these "mothers" were fighting for this.....what, streaming is more important than taking care of your own child so you now found the best option of both worlds: to stream to thousands while they all watch you take your tit out. Parenting 101 right there. :messenger_clapping:

Didnt some parents lose custody of their kids when they posted pix on FB of them washing their naked kids in a bathtub a few years back. Something that i donno...EVERY parent does. But exploiting your kid for breast feed views is considered ok. Just somebody nuke this planet already.
99% agreed for me except for the last phrase.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

No, they didn't. I still remember conversing with WW2 veterans not too long ago and they were ashamed of how things were turning out. People finding offense and claiming "microagressions" where none exist. Trying to forcibly change rules and laws so they don't have to ever be challenged. *That* is entitlement.

There is a difference between freedom of speech and what I am referring to. Mind you this is neither here nor there and this convo can be better served in the politics section. Let's get back to the topic at hand.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

No, they didn't. I still remember conversing with WW2 veterans not too long ago and they were ashamed of how things were turning out. People finding offense and claiming "microagressions" where none exist. Trying to forcibly change rules and laws so they don't have to ever be challenged. *That* is entitlement.

There is a difference between freedom of speech and what I am referring to. Mind you this is neither here nor there and this convo can be better served in the politics section. Let's get back to the topic at hand.

Those WWII vets were fighting for our freedom of speech, freedom of expression, our right to peaceable assemble, our right to protest, etc etc etc. It's not up to those vets what people say with their freedom of speech or what they protest while using that freedom to protest sometime that they deem unfair.

In this small case, it's a woman using her freedom of speech to talk about something that she cares about and wants a private corporation to change. It's 100% totally fine and acceptable.

If twitch allows breastfeeding live then I bet 90% of the FAKE GURL GAMERZZZ will start showing more and more breastfeeding a fucking kitten or something. To many girls are pushing stuff to the limit in order to get incels.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Tits out regularly: “Omg, nudes, *ban*
Tit out feeding a baby: “Normal“

Lol, please decide.

Last edited:
Honestly, in a case like this... just don't breast feed in front of the camera. Women who breastfeed their children in Twitch are probably not very good mothers anyway. I'm not one of these people who are against breast feeding in public places... but doing it in front of a bunch of strangers on a live stream? That's almost like watching someone go to the bathroom on Twitch.

Breast feeding is normal, But there is a time and a place. You don’t see anybody on national television breast-feeding her child. Twitch is also not the place to make a statement like that. No one in their right mind would do something like this unless they were trying to purposefully create an issue were none needed to be created.

Last edited:

Zaffo

Nothing wrong with breast feeding in public, baby gotta eat, but let's not pretend this is not an excuse to get her tits out on stream and farm of donations from horny nerds.
Twitch it's supposed to be a game streaming platform for heavens sake.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned

When a Twitch streamer breastfed her baby on stream last week, clips of the moment ended up getting removed from Twitch, and it sparked a debate about whether or not the practice violates Twitch’s terms of service, with some arguing that breastfeeding constitutes “sexual” content.

Streamer, YouTuber, and model Heather “HeatheredEffect” Kent took three months off after her daughter Margaux was born last year. Twitch doesn’t offer any form of maternity leave, so she just had to take the hit to her bank account and audience. Now she’s run into another complication: During a stream last week, she decided to breastfeed Margaux while chatting with a friend.

Kent says that Twitch took the clip down that day. (Twitch has yet to respond to a request for comment.) Kent reposted the clip on Twitter and discussed its removal, writing that “we obviously have a long way to go in the fight to normalize breastfeeding” and noting that an episode of Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood once featured on Twitch’s front page focused on breastfeeding much more than her own stream. “Where was the outrage when Twitch streamed the Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood episode about breastfeeding on the front page?” she asked.

Check the link for more.

Taking a dump is a natural thing too, but I don't need to see someone do it while streaming.

petran79

Banned

Not all wars were defensive though. My royalist great-great grandfather I learned fought 100 years ago in a failed aggressive war fueled by nationalistic hatred. Out of his rage during the retreat he even slaughtered a prisoner with his bayonet

Grinchy

Banned
Every streamer has complete control over their camera. There's really no excuse for pulling your tit out on camera when a single button press can turn the camera off.

Let's be real - having your titty out on a steam is something you're only doing if you want to rake in donations. It's not about feeding a baby. It's about a nipple loophole.

I'd be more impressed if she could toss a cat over her head while simultaneously breastfeeding her future disappointment to society (the kid barely stands a chance with a narcissistic sociopath as a mother)

Wow, you extrapolated all the information required to predict how much of a disappointment this baby is going to end up being to society from her streams? Fuckin Nostradamus over here folks.

cryptoadam

Banned
What about the kid? Think they will be happy knowing they are sucking on a titty for all the world to see for as long as twitter is around. Whats going to happen in 10 or 15 years when someone whips that out? Its always a joke about your parents showing embarrasing pics of when you are a baby/young, whats the next step twitch vids?

I don't really have issue with breastfeeding, just keep it private, like any other bodily function.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
I see no problem with this if the mother makes sure her nipple doesn't appear on stream. Also by latest news it seems twitch does not consider it against TOS. So she won.

Why is this an issue? Do US men spontaneously ejaculate upon seeing a nipple?

Asking as a european, we tend to be okay with nipples.

Aintitcool

Banned
Why is this an issue? Do US men spontaneously ejaculate upon seeing a nipple?

Asking as a european, we tend to be okay with nipples.
Well I am american(south america) but not from the USA. Nipple is a sexual organ as well as a feeding one. In the US it's banned on national TV even late at night. And in europe in public advertising its banned too and only allowed on after 10PM on public TV from germany and austria. It isn't however banned in beaches and lakes. And if it happens we don't shame women for it. We have a history of art with bare breast presenting beauty. The christian protestant of the USA forbid it. And lack that catholic art culture.

I don't think it's an issue of arrasaul, more men who hate their mothers and women in general. Seeing a bare breast invites the male gaze. When the baby is the one on the nipple I think that discourages sexuality.(removing unwanted viewers) But the moment the nipple is out without a baby covering it, is when snapshots can be made of the woman and spread around the net. So for her own sanity that she should avoid on stream.

Someone filmed how random american men will go up to a breastfeeding woman and bother her telling her to cover it up and stuff while she sat next to her friend in a push up bra and low cut next to her.

I don't get how these men go to a random MOTHER and tell her she is a problem. But it is a thing in the US, and this thread also has examples of the madness.

Last edited:
Even if you were to breastfeed in public, you would use some sort of cover and not let your boob hang out in full view. I don't think people would argue that breastfeeding is sexual, but your intentions are far from innocent if you are going to stream yourself breastfeeding. This is one of those grey areas where if Twitch takes a hard stance against it, she can easily play the victim card.

If twitch allows body painting and hot tub streams, I doubt they'll ban this.

brap

Banned
Seems nice being a woman in modern day. Just whine and all the incels will defend you so you can do whatever you want. I eagerly await some dude getting banned on twitch for scratching his balls. That's gross and not natural.

Top Bottom