• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streamer Sparks Debate Over Whether Twitch Should Allow Breastfeeding.

Why is breast feeding controversial in the first place?
It’s not, as it seems the only people that complain are baby boomers. But consider your audience and the type of attention you’re looking for. There is literally nothing wrong with breast feeding in public, but doesn’t it seem odd to breastfeed on the internet? Anyone could be watching, screenshotting, recording, etc. if she’s not worried about that, so be it, she made money. But also consider, your tit is now one the internet.. forever.

Last edited:

IaN_GAF

The problem, it would seem to me, is that you want to do this in the first place. I'm not sure why some of these people seem so obsessed with publicizing what should clearly be something private. One would almost think they have no shame and crave attention over anything else.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
So what is your point? If someone wants to vlog while they take a shit what do I care.
You don’t have to care, feel however you want. But there are standards of decency held by others in society. You seem confused about why it is controversial, there are many common activities not allowed on broadcast for the same reason. This is why movies and tv don’t feature graphic scenes of characters going to the bathroom. Certain behaviours are considered private and not for public consumption.

This almost feels like a repeat of that streamer who filmed in the bathroom. Cool if u don’t care, but we live in a society

Last edited:
You don’t have to care, feel however you want. But there are standards of decency held by others in society. You seem confused about why it is controversial, there are many common activities not allowed on broadcast for the same reason. This is why movies and tv don’t feature graphic scenes of characters going to the bathroom.
Yea but people act like this is national TV or something. I think people should be allowed to stream whatever they want as long as it follows the guidelines of the company or as long as nothing violent is happening on screen

ExpandKong

Banned
Yea but people act like this is national TV or something. I think people should be allowed to stream whatever they want as long as it follows the guidelines of the company or as long as nothing violent is happening on screen

Sounds like it didn’t follow the guidelines of the company.

lmimmfn

Ffs breast feeding is natural and perfectly fine in natural scenarios. Streaming the likes which is essentially self promotion, I mean cmon it would just be attention grabbing nonsense - so yes will become the norm.

DonF

Nipples are fine by me, but im no twitch mod.

People will get offended, get used to it. Being offended by breastfeeding tells me more about the offended than the breastfeedee.

Dthomp

What seems crazy to me is people hiding the real intention behind all this. People can't be this naive.

All these things (like breastfeeding live) are tactics for views. There is absolutely no need to do it live, same as every other tactic these girls exploit in order to get losers to subscribe and donate. It's like these cosplays that look nothing like the character but show 95% of boobs (looking at you nigri), it's plain stupid to think that this is done for anything else than money.

So yeah, talk about this subject but let's not act like they are talking with the moral high-ground as they are using every tactic for personal gain.

I think this has been lost in the debate here. This is nothing new from twitch thots, they will do ANYTHING for money, that's all this is. This was clearly planned ahead of time as a way to get viewers to her channel which likely didn't have all that many viewers before this, but you make national news and suddenly bam you're a twitch partner and tons of people flocking to your channel for the chance to see boob. I truly hope Mixer gets shit together and makes Twitch actually improve their service and the way they treat their steamers outside of the booby streamers.

Top Bottom