• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streaming: The first 2 hours of Sunset Overdrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAssedApe

Banned
is this the first game in awhile where there is a ton of gameplay footage before launch? wish more games did this...instead of the limited previews and embargoed reviews approach

abadguy

Banned
Funny, I think it looks like a game that is secure in the fact that it is a game. Insomniac obviously wanted to make something that did not take itself seriously and just wants you to kick back, have fun and stop taking things so seriously yourself. It's loud and bonkers on purpose and I love the fact that it is not ashamed of that.

Shame that so many seem to miss that point. But again games are "srs bidness" these days.

why does the game world feel completely dead. like theres noone about. somebody turned the pedestrians off in gta
Might have to do with most of the citizens turning into mutants.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/sunset-overdrive

Free sunset overdrive DLC outfit - twitter required

under explosion week

vote on which you want to blow up to get a code

O2kJ0nj.png

Not seeing a code.

domlolz

Banned
Most of the people have been turned into mutants, Scabs or other hostile enemies. There are no civilians so to speak of.

still...it feels empty(except for the odd group of monsters and humans) maybe thats what insomniac were going for but it honestly looks a little boring

LtOrange

Looks like a great game to just kickback to and have some fun. Interested to see how much content they have packed in the game.

Jaxx

Banned
Funny, I think it looks like a game that is secure in the fact that it is a game. Insomniac obviously wanted to make something that did not take itself seriously and just wants you to kick back, have fun and stop taking things so seriously yourself. It's loud and bonkers on purpose and I love the fact that it is not ashamed of that.

Exactly. As they themselves so beautifully put it - "It's a fucking video game."

arhra

is this the first game in awhile where there is a ton of gameplay footage before launch? wish more games did this...instead of the limited previews and embargoed reviews approach

Horizon 2 got a similar treatment, reviewers/etc who had early access could stream up to an hour of it, with some restrictions on what content they could show (ie, no showcase events) to avoid spoilers.

I expect we'll see something similar for MCC once review copies go out.

This is the kind of vibe I'm getting from this game

i0IBScX7RlJOX.gif

Yeah, they were good with the all ages stuff in the early ratchet and clank, but the tone of this reminds me of...borderlands :(

That doesn't impact my interest in the game too much (i still play borderlands, after all), but it is definitely a missed opportunity.

My hype for this game seems to fade a bit each time I see more of it, not sure why. Insomniac started to lose me with their post-Resistance 3 efforts, I was really hopeful that this would be a return to form. It doesn't look bad, but I think I'm going to wait and see what consensus is before I bite.

Humor's pretty subjective and not everyone's going to be into it.

This is a pretty true statement. Comedy in general, whether it be comedians themselves, movies, TV, and even games, has always been pretty divisive. People will hate what others love and it's really hard to say if comedy is "good" or "bad", it just depends what speaks to you.

Exile20

I watched the stream and dialogue was horrid, was okay for 30 min then I just wanted to turn it off, the music is what it is and the story so far was just meh.

So that means the gameplay would have to keep me interested.

It seems all the characters are the same and so the guns will vary it up. Disappointed but I am okay with that i guess.
Are there other environments other than the urban sprawl?
The grinding which is a big part of the game seems a little janky.
We are back to the typical missions of open world games. I didn't see any missions that were creative at all.
Hoping for more enemy types.
The environment is devoid of life.

The first hour left me disappointed.

Oh forgot too, are there going to be anything other than running around shooting? Vehicle driving/flying? etc?

Correct me if I am missing something.

jesu

Did you seriously just say you don't play game to have fun?

Good grief, might be time to stop playing games...

He just said in another thread he played Diablo 3 for between 200 and 300 hours and thinks it's the worst game of all time.
So yes, I don't he plays games to have fun 0o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom