• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 for PS4 & PC teaser trailer

Exr

Itll be a timed exclusive or the second iteration will be multiplat. Anyone thinking this will remain a PS4 exclusive Is getting huffy over nothing.

x-Lundz-x

Looks great, but I personally don't think being console exclusive to ps4 is a real megaton.

Waiting on a fallout megaton to drop.

Awesome! As a casual fan of fighting games, I loved SF4 back when it first came out on the PS3. Not sure if I'll pick this one up since we don't play a lot of local competitive gaming anymore, but I'll be curious what is different. It would be very cool if there was a story mode similar to what NRS included in MK9. That might make me buy the game.

LuuKyK

They've gone and done it... they've gone and woke the sleeping dragon now.

Sony should have left well enough alone and now they're going to get it. It's not enough that they're bleeding benjamins from practically every crevice of their existence. Now they go and throw immense moneyhats at a niche game like Street Fighter just to piss off the market. Why pay to keep a game out of the hands of as many gamers as possible? Why not put that money into first-party studios and games instead?

I know, I know... this is the way the business goes as they say. Well, they forced Microsoft's hands with their early sales lead and Microsoft only responded with an NPD whooping (source: musings thread) by way of incredible deals and value. Microsoft will undoubtedly follow this announcement up with some real megatons of their own.

Gears remake collection. A true Banjo sequel. Halo 5 beta in the hands of gamers. The next Bayonetta, Dead Space and Crysis as exclusives. Those are the kinds of blockbuster response announcements I expect, and then some. You hit Microsoft with a jab, you best be ready for a flurry of uppercuts coming at you in response.

God. :lol

A post for the ages. Sarcasm or not.

Marcel

lol come on now. You really believe that one of the most selling Capcom franchise wouldn't get a sequel without the help of Sony or MS?

No just no.

To be fair, we don't know all the details about SF's funding. Many have cited that Ono may have not been able to get the funds. There are lots of unknowns here because this is a leak.

Sydle

Ah the classic fallacies of 1) GAF is 1 homogenized entity; and 2) that the same people who were NOT ok with something, are now ok with something similar and are being hypocritical.

Usually I think people expect you to dig through some people's post histories before making that kind of comment.

All you need to do is look at the two announcement threads and compare them. The TR thread was mostly full of complaints about how disgusting it was. This one doesn't contain anywhere near as much vitriol.

It's just interesting to see.

Jomjom

Banned
If you really think there's none at all then...

...welcome to GAF and I hope you enjoy it here!

Please find some posts of people who decried the TR deal and are cheering on this deal. It's only a matter of time before bish comes in here and cleans up the thread with so many posts like this.

I think its fair to point out the difference in reactions. The Tomb Raider flip out was way over the top. This game isn't really getting reactions even close to tomb raider deal got. I don't know what it all means though. I think the Sony only is just more numerous and more "loud" on the web.

Huge smile on my face!!!Another Street Fighter <3.

image.php

spookyfish

lol this thread did not disappoint.

I doubt this will be the only open salt mine in the next couple days. :p

What will be funny is when an exclusive is announced for the Bone, and then the comments will be the same, just the posters' names will be reversed.

All you need to do is look at the two announcement threads and compare them. The TR thread was mostly full of complaints about how disgusting it was. This one doesn't contain anywhere near as much vitriol.

I hate this practice as much as anyone, but that is kind of an apples/oranges argument. TR had already been announced as a multi-plat, then it went exclusive. Is there any place where SFV was announced as a multi-plat first?

Vaga

I know, I know... this is the way the business goes as they say. Well, they forced Microsoft's hands with their early sales lead and Microsoft only responded with an NPD whooping (source: musings thread) by way of incredible deals and value. Microsoft will undoubtedly follow this announcement up with some real megatons of their own.

Gears remake collection. A true Banjo sequel. Halo 5 beta in the hands of gamers. The next Bayonetta, Dead Space and Crysis as exclusives. Those are the kinds of blockbuster response announcements I expect, and then some. You hit Microsoft with a jab, you best be ready for a flurry of uppercuts coming at you in response.

Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

vazel

Banned
Street Fighter V is the sort of game I feel deserves to be on every platform in this day and age. I know why it isn't coming to Wii U obviously but not coming to the XB1 is a low blow from Capcom.

Izuna

Banned
I'm sure Super Mega Ultra Street V: Hyper Parity Edition will make it's way to XBone.

In the meantime, it'll be huge on PS4.

Well for me, it's fine. I will be in Tokyo by the time it hits the Arcades and PC is fine enough for me, but still, this game being exclusive is the death of KI I think.

Zambatoh

I think this is the first time I've seen a Street Fighter exist on one console exclusively.
That's the real surprise announcement here.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Really excited to see a new SF... if I didn't already buy a PS4 last week this would've sold me. Also excited since many of my friends (and myself, originally) played SF4 on 360 early on, but I drifted over to PS3 and quit my Live subscription over the course of the gen, while they remained on 360. So this way we'll all be playing the same version.

I just hope they bring back Indestructible.

It's just interesting to see.
An interesting comparison could be the breadth of its exclusivity. Rise of the Tomb Raider happened to be an announcement limited to the Xbox ecosystem (for now). This announcement covers PS4 and PC which placates a lot more people.

Sydle

Please find some posts of people who decried the TR deal and are cheering on this deal. It's only a matter of time before bish comes in here and cleans up the thread with so many posts like this.

It's not about individuals, Jomjom. Take a 10,000 foot view of the two threads and you would see the tone and temperatures are quite different.

About that reddit post...

Just realized and confirmed SF exclusivity is nothing new.

Street Fighter was exclusive to the Turbografx CD. (Was also on the Amiga, Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum and DOS)
Street Fighter II was exclusive to the Super Nintendo (See SFII.).
Street Fighter II CE was exclusive to the Turbografx (Was on Super Nintendo alongside Turbo).
Street Fighter II Special CE was exclusive to the Sega Genesis.
Street Fighter II Turbo was exclusive to the Super Nintendo. (Genesis version of CE also had Turbo content)
Super Street Fighter II was the first cross platform, and came out for both the Super Nintendo and Genesis.
Super Street Fighter II Turbo was exclusive to the 3DO (Came out on PS1 as part of Street Fighter Collection 2 years later, and got a DOS port).
Street Fighter Alpha was the second to be cross platform, and came out for both the Playstation and Saturn.
Street Fighter Alpha 2 was the third to be cross platform, and came out for both the Playstation and Saturn.
Street Fighter Alpha 3 was the fourth to be cross platform, and came out for both the Playstation and Saturn (Japan) and Dreamcast (US and Japan).
Street Fighter III (all versions) was exclusive to the Sega Dreamcast. (Released along with Anniversary Collection on PS2, albeit several years later.)
Super Street Fighter II X was exclusive to the Sega Dreamcast (X is just Super Turbo's name in Japan).
Street Fighter IV (all versions) was the fifth to be cross platform, and came out for both the 360 and PS3.

Credit to tsolfan on reddit.

Interesting.

Street Fighter has more multiplat entries than exclusives, easily. It's been my favorite franchise since I was 4, and I've seen and played many of the games on multiple platforms.

BadAss2961

Well for me, it's fine. I will be in Tokyo by the time it hits the Arcades and PC is fine enough for me, but still, this game being exclusive is the death of KI I think.
Wouldn't releasing on XBone hurt KI even more?

KI will probably be dead when MK comes out.

Top Bottom