• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street fighter 6 looks mid imo

Further improved the benchmark test results for the GTX 1060.
Perfect performance now in Fighting Ground and Battle Hub:

45747752vk.png

These are my settings:

45747753ck.png

45747754rc.png

Some suggestion on which basic feature I should enable or for which gfx detail I should increase the quality without reducing performance?

Edit: Fighting ground stays pretty much perfect with maxed out Lightning, Mesh and Sampling Quality:

45748044pj.png

Also Bloom can be set to high, too, without impacting FG performance.
So basically everything can be set to max on the 1060 except Shader Quality.

As for basic gfx features Ambient Occlusion and Screen Space Reflections can be activated as well for Fighting Ground.

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I think its all intentional because this one is very reliant on counter hits - and players need at least some time to react.
The slow speed and animations are a bit jarring in comparison to the older SFs - but it only takes a day or 2 to get the flow down.
Its still feels like Street Fighter under the surface.
It's not like I don't feel Street Fighter on it. Because I really do and it's great. But I also feel that should have cut some frames of hits, only to be faster, like SF IV

Dev1lXYZ

Did you miss the games between 2 and 6?
No, I own every SF. My favorite is Alpha 2 to this day. It's chock full of great characters and stages. I love Gen's stage and Guy. Guy>Zeku>>>>>Kimberly. I'm going to give her a chance, but goddamn she's stupid looking. I like her hip shaking stance. 😂

Glowing reviews from people that won't stick to the game. Buyer beware in trusting money hat reviews.

Last edited:

hyperbertha

Better face , better hair , better character lighting . Not sure how is it technically worse . At it worst it's still better than SFV

You're trying to nitpick screenshot with motion to create a false narrative .

TPamWYA.png

yJNKys7.png
Don't know wtf either of you are talking about. Both look about the same level of fidelity. The same stylized graphics, barely improved from 4. It's not like a tekken 7 to 8 jump.

NT80

Don't know wtf either of you are talking about. Both look about the same level of fidelity. The same stylized graphics, barely improved from 4. It's not like a tekken 7 to 8 jump.
It's improved far beyond SF4. That game had really ugly models. Some of the characters in SF6 look the best they've ever looked in 3D like Ken and Cammy among others. Ken looked mentally retarded in SF4 and 5.

hyperbertha

It's improved far beyond SF4. That game had really ugly models. Some of the characters in SF6 look the best they've ever looked in 3D like Ken and Cammy among others. Ken looked mentally retarded in SF4 and 5.
I disagree. The fidelity to me looks almost the same a 5. It's grittier and more detailed than 4 for sure. Improved is a subjective opinion.

But my main issue is some of the newer characters don't look all that interesting.

Labolas

Well just more ammo for the character art being ugly as fuck. Here are a few "classic" costumes.

do68nysmo43b1.jpg

9a6caxsmo43b1.jpg

3ucq17jno43b1.jpg

At least Chun's classic costume looks good.
khhssysmo43b1.jpg
Yeah, this is why I'm not a fan of the RE Engine. It dips too far into the uncanny valley territory for me.

tmlDan

I disagree. The fidelity to me looks almost the same a 5. It's grittier and more detailed than 4 for sure. Improved is a subjective opinion.

But my main issue is some of the newer characters don't look all that interesting.
Improved is not subjective, it is improved.

hyperbertha

Guys are really not taking the 'IMO' part from the op title.

I really like SF4 (and hate SF5) and some here never like SF4 with is totally fine. People need to not take personal opinions into heart.

Strange how sometimes reviewers are cool and others times not.
Seems to have something to do with whether reviewers validate games they've already decided to play. Hmm.

SF4 looked awesome, don't lump that in with the boring weird semi-realism style of 5 and 6.
SF4 looked good, but the art style was kind of weird imo.

evolution-face-guile-v0-dql1bmc8xfr91.png

Imo, SF5 was a definite improvement and SF6 I feel improves upon it. I’m glad it looks semi-realistic actually. Too many 2D fighters look pretty homogenized to me art-wise and rarely push the hardware.

Last edited:
This thread aged like fine milk.......
You guys do realise the reviews are factoring in lots of casuals who emphasise praise for its features like world tour and the lobby system.

What matters most is the core gameplay and we will have to see how good it turns out to be.

The being said, I am elated to begin playing in a few hours when my midnight release download finishes. I hope this lives up to the hype.

Well just more ammo for the character art being ugly as fuck. Here are a few "classic" costumes.

do68nysmo43b1.jpg

9a6caxsmo43b1.jpg

3ucq17jno43b1.jpg

At least Chun's classic costume looks good.
khhssysmo43b1.jpg
The cel shaded look for chun-li here looks beautiful and more fitting for the series. Reminds me of SFIV but with more realistic graphics.

Now this what the game should have looked like rather than just SFV on steroids.

Last edited:
Top Bottom