• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street fighter 6 looks mid imo

Killer8

I've always been a Tekken man myself and seeing the offerings this generation i'm more certain than ever of my fighting game allegiance.

Dev1lXYZ

After playing the beta and the demo, I'm pretty lukewarm on this one. Been playing since SF2 in 91-92. This one doesn't have 'it'. The characters don't appeal to me at all. They based the models off of SFV and they are generic looking. It plays okay, but I really like the cornering mechanics of games like MK and Guilty Gear Strive. With Diablo and Final Fantasy coming so close, this is a wait for a sale.

nbkicker

for me been playing fighting games fan since the origional streetfighter in the arcade, but for me streetfighter 6 is prob the one im gonna put more time in, tekken 8 will prob buy but got bored of tekken a few yrs ago, as for mortal kombat never bought the last due to the developers stand on the female covering up and the if u dont like it dont buy it, so i didnt, will wait till i see some gameplay and what the female charachters look like before i make a decision if to return to the franchise or just leave

jd2dvZZ.jpg

Capcom has a quiz that will tell you what character you should play, and which control type to use. I got Dee Jay and Modern controls. They think I'm a damn scrub. I wanted to play JP with Classic 😭

Larxia

MusmGjG.gif
The dualsense dpad is amazing...

Or am I misunderstanding you somehow?
Dualsense dpad is very squishy, I think it lacks precision.
The dpad on the xbox series controller is vastly superior in my opinion, it's so precise, but that noise... it's so loud, you don't want to use this to play a fighting game at night if you have people around.

Fake

jd2dvZZ.jpg

Capcom has a quiz that will tell you what character you should play, and which control type to use. I got Dee Jay and Modern controls. They think I'm a damn scrub. I wanted to play JP with Classic 😭

lol. No joke, but is getting very silly all those stuff.

Hot5pur

After playing the most recent beta things did feel kinda good, didn't even feel bad to lose, was just cool to see the characters do their thing and actually the animations and the physics of the RE engine are quite good.
Even though I'm still not sold on the aesthetic overall I think the core fighting and the characters are probably good and I will give the campaign a proper chance if there is a proper story buried in there somewhere.
Also hoping for some alternate costumes and stuff to unlock, always like unlocking stuff.
I was thinking my next big game was going to be D4, but it might just be SF6. D4 is just starting to feel like a big monetization machine designed from the ground up to sell cosmetics and keep you playing for as long as possible. We'll see. At least it's helping sell them double down sandwiches.

RZero

Neo Member
Good God, I hate this so much:

This whole Gen Z-TikTok-neon blue & purple-mainstream-woke vibe is so off-putting to me.

I've been playing SF since 1991 / 1992 when SF2 WW released but I just can't stand SF6 aesthetic and direction.
Guess I'm not their target audience anymore... sadly.

Last edited:

nbkicker

This whole Gen Z-TikTok-neon blue & purple-mainstream-woke vibe is so off-putting to me.

I've been playing SF since 1991 / 1992 when SF2 WW released but I just can't stand SF6 aesthetic and direction.

Good old usa capcom influence , luckly for me ill just be playing arcade mode and online so will be in fighting ground and not the world tour mode

Hot5pur

I think the game will be solid. I'm even warming up to the world tour mode because I like story, though it doesn't look too appealing in terms of gameplay....we'll see.
As for the Gen Z comments? What's the problem, is it too diverse? Too colorful? The hip hop music?
I agree the colors and menus are a bit too much and could have been less busy, but the direction they took this in is not that crazy.
The important thing is the fighting is good, the graphics could have been better and built from the ground up for modern consoles, but I guess they want to expose as many people as they can.
I was looking into a hitbox type controller, seems that's what recommended these days, especially for charge characters.

RZero

Neo Member
As for the Gen Z comments? What's the problem, is it too diverse? Too colorful? The hip hop music?
I agree the colors and menus are a bit too much and could have been less busy, but the direction they took this in is not that crazy.
The important thing is the fighting is good, the graphics could have been better and built from the ground up for modern consoles, but I guess they want to expose as many people as they can.
What bothers me is that the whole "vibe" of the game is obviously extremely forced and designed by comitee to appease to a bunch of people that not even care about the game:
- Young characters acting like TikTok dum-dums, with hyperactive behavior and glued to their phones;
- The neon blue & purple fake-gamer aesthetic (that can be seen on every AD target to "gamers" nowadays, where people that not even know how to hold a gamepad pretend to play "not League of Legends", while wearing oversized headphones and jumping on their seats like they just won the lotto);
- The "everybody is welcome / imagine all the people living life in peace" kumbayá discourse, when what Capcom really want is to sell lewd costumes for $5.00 a piece.

The whole thing is a shit-show.
At least the gameplay is really good.

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Jesus Christ, no offense you morons, but calling everything woke just because you don't like it is absurd and incorrect. Juri is like the biggest hoe ever (and it's canon) and Capcom made her goth, ultra-hot and absurdly focused on her feet. Guess female sexualization is woke now. You clowns lost the plot a long time ago.

Last edited:

amigastar

Jesus Christ, no offense you morons, but calling everything woke just because you don't like it is absurd and incorrect. Juri is like the biggest hoe ever (and it's canon) and Capcom made her goth, ultra-hot and absurdly focused on her feet. Guess female sexualization is woke now. You clowns lost the plot a long time ago.
Agreed, it's almost like they call everything woke just to get a round of applause from others.

Last edited:

kunonabi

You can't take a look at eternity and those character creator options and not see the obvious super leftist twitter pandering the game is doing. Not to mention bowing down to the Cammy must wear pants brigade or hiring diversity consultants. There is an obvious influence even if isn't dictating the entire game.

Hot5pur

You can't take a look at eternity and those character creator options and not see the obvious super leftist twitter pandering the game is doing. Not to mention bowing down to the Cammy must wear pants brigade or hiring diversity consultants. There is an obvious influence even if isn't dictating the entire game.
If it's any consolation Cammy's original costume is in the game based on early leaks. So that booty and dem legs is in the game fo sho.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Cammy is hot as fuck, and has an incredibly sexy stretching animation (And her leotard costume is in the game lol). But hey young kids from today, sounds like kids from today. Shheeeiiit. WOKE.

I'll go listen to some Andrew Tate to purge myself of wokeness.

Last edited:

Hoppa

I saw someone call the modern controls ‘Woke controls’ its almost parody now

Labolas

Can't really blame people for being hesitant over how Capcom has handle censoring SF5 with Cammy, Mika, and Juri. Now a lot of designs are very safe and conservative compared to previous designs and all the new characters have been mid at best so far.

nbkicker

I can understand where the woke comments come from cause every movie to everygame is nowadays to some extent affected, when u play a movie/game and there one black person, a white female, a asian , someone gay and someone trans they all like different things yet they all best friends and hang around together, it just doesnt happen or maybe in this gen z 0.001% of the population , every business has diversity agendy from the nuclear one im in to even in uk news it was on saying how a female recruitment officer left the royal air force due to being told to stop hiring to-many white males and she needed to get more diversity into the raf. But for me in streetfighter as long as the arcade mode contains all my fav characters and it plays good then im good with it, loved the demo and beta and really like the look of the game, from the menus to the ingame fighting and for character outfits ill be getting on pc so if capcom do only give sensible outfit choices then you no some modder will be bring out anything from normal to over the top outfits.

nbkicker

Can't really blame people for being hesitant over how Capcom has handle censoring SF5 with Cammy, Mika, and Juri. Now a lot of designs are very safe and conservative compared to previous designs and all the new characters have been mid at best so far.
Maybe bit safer then they use to be, but a lot better outfits in this then there is tekken or mortal kombat where developers have covered up all the female characters to the point where the males in the game wear less then the females, i really like cammys new outfit, but as long as the leak was correct and cammy has a option for her classic outfit then alls good, and juri outfit in sf6 looks great

Labolas

Maybe bit safer then they use to be, but a lot better outfits in this then there is tekken or mortal kombat where developers have covered up all the female characters to the point where the males in the game wear less then the females, i really like cammys new outfit, but as long as the leak was correct and cammy has a option for her classic outfit then alls good, and juri outfit in sf6 looks great
Personally, I'm not a fan of Cammy's redesign, that was one of the redesigns I was talking about when it comes to safe designs. And it is. The jury is out on Tekken though imo considering we haven't seen Anna or Eliza or the custom outfits in the game.

Lazy and useless quiz... reflects well so far all the style of SF6 unfortunately. :(

Hoppa

I can understand where the woke comments come from cause every movie to everygame is nowadays to some extent affected, when u play a movie/game and there one black person, a white female, a asian , someone gay and someone trans they all like different things yet they all best friends and hang around together, it just doesnt happen or maybe in this gen z 0.001% of the population , every business has diversity agendy from the nuclear one im in to even in uk news it was on saying how a female recruitment officer left the royal air force due to being told to stop hiring to-many white males and she needed to get more diversity into the raf. But for me in streetfighter as long as the arcade mode contains all my fav characters and it plays good then im good with it, loved the demo and beta and really like the look of the game, from the menus to the ingame fighting and for character outfits ill be getting on pc so if capcom do only give sensible outfit choices then you no some modder will be bring out anything from normal to over the top outfits.
They’ve had a diverse lineup since the beginning how, is it only wOkE now?

KNXLBQc.jpg

Japan, Japan, Brazil, US, US, Spain
US, China, Russia, India, Thailand, ??

jd2dvZZ.jpg

I got Juri and Dynamic the first time, Dhalsim & Modern the second.

They can never tell me Classic isn't the best.

It's kinda sad that this is our main SF6 thread. For some reason the other site is much more into it.
Hopefully someone is putting together a half decent OT

Because some FGC heads are on Reset. That's really the only difference; they stay busy talking about the game or in Neoxon's case making threads and posting updates for every little thing that gets mentioned.

It ultimately doesn't matter, but I'm sure someone will do a solid OT for SF6 here.

KNXLBQc.jpg

Basically casuals and non-fan grifters who only discovered IP like Street Fighter recently, and shoving their own politics down everyone's throats despite complaining the other side is the one shoving theirs down everyone's throats (which is also true).

They get drowned out anyway by the actual fans and normies, so no harm no foul. It's kinda hilarious they are now accusing more Japanese games of agenda-pushing, it's like those obsessed with it lowkey just want no diversity at all outside of people who "look like them" (ironically also lapping up identity politics)...maybe it's just different countries don't care as much about the culture war as they do :/.

nbkicker

KNXLBQc.jpg

No one was going on about having different fighters from different countrys, ive played street fighter since the first game in the arcades and been a fan since, if you read through the thread then you would see i was commenting on someone elses comments about it being woke, i didnt say it was woke, i said i can see how people come out with this, a leak document from a capcom meeting came out a few yrs ago saying they need todo better and in future be more like there western companys in the potrayal of women in the games in how the look and what they wear

amigastar

It looks awful, The characters look absolutely ridiculous.

None of them look like "street fighters" they all look like they belong in Watch Dogs or at the comedy club.

The hit effect paint splash is over the top.

Tekken 8 makes SF6 look like a total bag of dog dirt.
I know where they wanted to go with the realistic artdirection in SF6 but i don't really dig it. Something more to SF4 artstyle would have been better.

Dev1lXYZ

To me, Street Fighter has always been about ‘street fighting’. Dark-dingy back allleys, a touch of highway, and tournament settings. SF6 tries to tie in the gritty realistic look with a bunch of characters that almost seem self aware that they are video game characters, Most of the cast isn’t cool looking, that’s what is killing people. They are too safe. With Street Fighter 2, each character was just cool looking and you wanted to master them. Aside from the old characters, most of the newer character designs are the definition of ‘not cool’. It’s obvious to me that the developer doesn’t have any grasp of ‘street fighting’. They want Smash Bros. I want ‘’Streets of Fire’ back. The issue here is that the Japanese guys back in the day were inspired by movies and wanted to capture the look and feel of action and martial arts. I do t think the new crew ‘gets it’. It’s obvious they are drawing their inspiration from Marvel, the current action movies of this time, I mean hell, there are still great action movies out there to draw from it’s that they choose not to.

Last edited:

nikos

I'm actually really hyped for this now. Can't wait to finally play the full version.

Hoping for various improvements over the betas since they all seemed to run on the same, or very similar, build which is quite old at this point. The demo also lacks some things but it could be an older build as well.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I thought the character design was bad but this spot is a new low.

Top Bottom