• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Leaked?

MrCarter

Please be free for those who purchased both season passes.

If this does happen I imagine the "update" will be free for all existing consumers who currently have the game. That's including arcade mode, extra battle mode, new gameplay mechanics etc.

They promised that there would be no SUPER edition. Calling it in this manner would effectively circumvent the issue of getting accused of lying.

Nah. When they said that, they meant that there won't be any new additions that forced players of the previous version to buy in or get left behind (e.g. Super Street Fighter IV etc.). If I had to guess, this is literally just a retail re-release that comes with all the DLC on the disc, meanwhile those of us who have SFV vanilla will get any new features as a free update.

Anyona wanna bet on a Switch version?

Highly unlikely. I'd be up for an USFIV port on Switch though.

I'm very excited about the prospect of Arcade Edition. Not for the potential Arcade Mode (which I will dutifully slog though) but rather because it may bring with it some QoL upgrades for the menus etc as well as some of the rumoured new gameplay mechanics.

Rymuth

Haters will hate regardless. The main thing here is that no new players will be cut off from existing players online when buying this potential update.
You're right. Mayhaps I got too defensive.

Rymuth is the kind of person who would.

He plays
M.BISON
ugghhh.

You're so tsun-tsun, it's cute.

78a94f796d51d1b7bd2ce96fbc600c17--street-fighter-characters-sf.jpg

Blueblur1

I just noticed the release date. That's my birthday. That would be a nice birthday gift after all the suffering Capcom has caused me.
Please buff Ryu and make SFV better.

There's a misconception that Capcom said they would never put out a Super/Arcade Edition/re-release, and this is not true. Here's the original slide where that info surfaced:

MXMD7HW.jpg

The initial disc is the only one you'll need to own. Whereas the transition from Street Fighter 4 to Super Street Fighter 4 and Marvel vs. Capcom 3 to Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 weren't downloadable updates, they were mandatory re-purchases.

Zukkoyaki

An arcade mode along with content from at least the first season would completely sell me on SFV. I really hope this is real, it's basically a complete no-brainer for Capcom.

joe2187

Banned
I just noticed the release date. That's my birthday. That would be a nice birthday gift after all the suffering Capcom has caused me.
Please buff Ryu and make SFV better.

Does RYU really need buffs...come to think of it, I never seen Ryu's in tournament so what was the difference between S1 and S2?

Does RYU really need buffs...come to think of it, I never seen Ryu's in tournament so what was the difference between S1 and S2?

He was good in S1. Guess what he isn't this season?

Turned out Ryu was only good in S1 cause people were still unfamiliar with the game + throw loops + meterless reversal really helps. During the end of the year, Ryu was most certainly not getting as many results in general.

In S2, they took away his meterless reversal, his damage, his j.lk cheapness, his throw loops, any real oki from throws. And kept him the way he is expecting him to survive.

Blueblur1

They nerfed his damage output, slowed down his normals and he was impacted by the universal DP nerf in Patch 2.0 (no more invincible Medium Punch DP). Thankfully Capcom undid some of the DP nerfs in Patch 2.1 (everyone calls it Patch or Season 2.5 but the version number was actually something like 2.11).

N21

For my non-serious answer, I would call the game Street Fighter V: I need to nickel and dime you one more time Edition.

For my serious answer, I would call the game Street Fighter V: Ultimate Edition.

Skilletor

He was good in S1. Guess what he isn't this season?

Turned out Ryu was only good in S1 cause people were still unfamiliar with the game + throw loops + meterless reversal really helps. During the end of the year, Ryu was most certainly not getting as many results in general.

In S2, they took away his meterless reversal, his damage, his j.lk cheapness, his throw loops, any real oki from throws. And kept him the way he is expecting him to survive.

There were only three Ryu players of note in S1 (daigo, tokido, samurai). The only thing they should have done is fix is j.lk.

Make Ryu competitive again!

For my non-serious answer, I would call the game Street Fighter V: I need to nickel and dime you one more time Edition.

For my serious answer, I would call the game Street Fighter V: Ultimate Edition.
Seems like a bad idea when there will be a more complete version down the line when they stop supporting the game with new content.
Street fighter 2017 or 2018 edition would be less confusing.

kirblar

Majin Obama mentioned he heard that an announcement for SFV is happening in October. So the timing of a leak like this fits.

Hopefully they're just straight up adding characters to the base roster w/ SFV: AE like they did w/ SF4 Vanilla Console and SSFV: AE.

FSLink

Banned

Ffs, the drive by posts.

If you own SFV you wouldn't need this update. Look above at that slide someone posted.

Majin Obama mentioned he heard that the Arcade Version announcement for SFV is happening in October. So the timing of a leak like this fits.

Hopefully they're just straight up adding characters to the base roster w/ SFV: AE like they did w/ SF4 Vanilla Console and SSFV: AE.

I wonder how that would work though. It it's coming in October, I can presume the only additional character will be Zeku
xkira reedemed? :p

just as keikaku

kirblar

I wonder how that would work though. It it's coming in October, I can presume the only additional character will be Zeku
I edited to clarify. He said an announcement is coming, last year at Toushinsai (an arcade tourney) they announced the Arcade version, and Toushinsai is coming up again in October this year, so its almost certainly the unveil.

Zeku is probably being revealed this week at TGS and added in later this month.

AE itself wouldn't drop till after Capcom Cup.

I'm thinking we'll get one or the other but not both. They need to save something for the years ahead.

Can't think of any specific examples off the top of my head, at least recent ones as they've been going for years. But I've never in the 8 years I've been using them seen a game get put up for pre-order on there that didn't end up being real.

I edited to clarify. He said an announcement is coming, last year at Toushinsai (an arcade tourney) they announced the Arcade version, and Toushinsai is coming up again in October this year, so its almost certainly the unveil.

Zeku is probably being revealed this week at TGS and added in later this month.

AE itself wouldn't drop till after Capcom Cup.

I guess if sales are slow enough they don't mind cannibalizing any potential pruchases from October through December they could announce it that way.

Blu(e)

If this includes S1 and S2 characters and any premium costumes, me buying SFV recently was a mistake and I should've trusted my instinct.

Other than that, this seems promising for new players. Hopefully the new gameplay additions will be cool.

Top Bottom