• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Leaked?

Magypsy

For my non-serious answer, I would call the game Street Fighter V: I need to nickel and dime you one more time Edition.

For my serious answer, I would call the game Street Fighter V: Ultimate Edition.

Super Street Fighter V is the best name

dawgparty

If this includes S1 and S2 characters and any premium costumes, me buying SFV recently was a mistake and I should've trusted my instinct.

Other than that, this seems promising for new players. Hopefully the new gameplay additions will be cool.

Oh...I didn't think of that. I kind of doubt it?

kirblar

If this includes S1 and S2 characters and any premium costumes, me buying SFV recently was a mistake and I should've trusted my instinct.

Other than that, this seems promising for new players. Hopefully the new gameplay additions will be cool.
Did you buy the $40 version with both seasons on sale? Good chance this retails @ 60 base and you didn't really miss out on anything. You'll be getting the SFV->SFV: AE update free.

kikiribu

Yep. Or Capcom Cup Finals.

PSX would be a good candidate since they're also hosting Capcom Cup

Majin Obama mentioned he heard that an announcement for SFV is happening in October. So the timing of a leak like this fits.

Hopefully they're just straight up adding characters to the base roster w/ SFV: AE like they did w/ SF4 Vanilla Console and SSFV: AE.
Would I be wrong in thinking that if they want to make the biggest impact, they should skip an October reveal and save it/have it ready to release for December so it's right there with Sagat and Season 3 reveal?

Then again, they could reveal in October and release in December.

Blu(e)

It's a free update.
Concerning gameplay updates and any extra modes, I expect that to happen. What I don't expect is them to retroactovely give me premium skins (if they include any in this release) and the characters from season 1 and 2.
Did you buy the $40 version with both seasons on sale? Good chance this retails @ 60 base and you didn't really miss out on anything. You'll be getting the SFV->SFV: AE update free.
I bought just the base game with the intent on buying the seasons pass later when they got cheaper.

Blueblur1

Majin Obama mentioned he heard that an announcement for SFV is happening in October. So the timing of a leak like this fits.

Hopefully they're just straight up adding characters to the base roster w/ SFV: AE like they did w/ SF4 Vanilla Console and SSFV: AE.

When Majin Obama rumor came up I meant to post about it in the SFV thread but forgot. Here's my two cents.

Last year at Toushinsai finals Capcom said they were working with Taito to "increase the opportunity to play SFV competitively in the arcades". Toushinsai is in October. So with Majin Obama alleging the announcement is in October - again, same month as Toushinsai - this adds more fuel to the fire.

Stream Screenshot of Last Year's Toushinsai finals said:
y3el449iktrx.png

(Here's the link to Toushinsai's site in case anyone wants to check it out to learn more about their events.)

nded

Are Arcade cabs for SFV even a thing? I know they existed for SFIV so the name made sense there...

SFV cabs were announced ages ago and then rarely heard from again. Same with the Linux version.

So if someone is not at the machine playing versus, it's attract mode only? what if there is only one person at the game center? play training mode?

Maybe they can play online.

Gurnlei

Hoping all the rumors that might come with this coming season are true. It'll be game changing.
And I want Cody back.

PantsuJo

NO. If there's artwork that deserves to be seen by all, it's THIS:

Code:
[IMG]http://www.fightersgeneration.com/nz6/game/sf5/sfv-hot-package-artwork.jpg[/IMG]

People wanted an Arcade mode, now they're shouting it from the rooftops.
Gimme this artwork, a fucking complete arcade mode and I will buy it.

HardRojo

They promised that there would be no SUPER edition. Calling it in this manner would effectively circumvent the issue of getting accused of lying.
There would be no Super edition in the previous manner of doing things, which was effectively locking out people who stuck to the original release from getting the new content, patches and balance updates.
SFV has already taken care of that by allowing owners of the original version to have access to balance updates and playing with everyone even if they don't "upgrade" or buy the season passes. It doesn't matter if the new version is called Super, there was never any issue to begin with as SFV wouldn't lock anyone out from playing the most up-to-date build.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I think people associate the word "super" with new update that is only available via a new disc, so I doubt Capcom will call it that.
That doesn't matter because people who buy it will be buying it for the first time and people who have SFV already will get a free update whether they know what's going on or not. This is not a tricky marketing issue. This hypothetical confused consumer will not exist.

Neoxon

Please be free for those who purchased both season passes.
Going by the rumors, anyone who already owns SFV will probably get the additional changes for free.

Arcade Edition does make sense as a name, especially with rumors of the arcade version coming out, soon.

I cant wait for an Arcade Edition where there is still no Arcade mode.
Arcade Mode is actually one of the modes that the rumored relaunch would include.

Justified

They promised that there would be no SUPER edition. Calling it in this manner would effectively circumvent the issue of getting accused of lying.

I actually think they promise the Disc you buy at launch would be the only one you need through the life of SFV.

The no "other edition" thing was misinterpret or something

Top Bottom