• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V being built on Unreal Engine 4

fader

So what if sf 5 will first ne released on the arcades with 16 fighters and the pc/console release will come with more?

sadly no arcade version has been announced thus far, the game is being developed priority as a console game

Skab

We fucking NEED this stage:

At least post the gif so we can see it in all it's glory

6f9820abf406972b842cd1182e1897b0.gif

Momentary

Banned
SF1 - 2
SF2 - 8
SFA - 13
SF3 - 11
SFEX - 17
SF4 - 19

Just a quick rundown of how many characters in the first iteration of a SF.

IF you're saying SF4 had 19 (17 playable + 2 Bosses), then Street Fighter 2 should have 12 and Street Fighter 1 should have 12. So on and so on.

farisr

We fucking NEED this stage:

OMG YES, now that next (current) gen is here, I really want to see a great stage like that. The closest thing so far is Thunder's Killer Instinct stage, but still having all those blades of grass swaying with the storm going on in the background would be epic.

convo

At this point the next Kof is going to be in Unreal once SNK decides to...hahahahaHAha
well i hope they do something with their mobile money someday..
Anyway capcom made the development of this game a lot easier for them, because they don't have to wait for their phanta rei engine to mature.

At this point the next Kof is going to be in Unreal once SNK decides to...hahahahaHAha
well i hope they do something with their mobile money someday..
Anyway capcom made the development of this game a lot easier for them, because they don't have to wait for their phanta rei engine to mature.

I believe the next KoF is going to be 3d so it's quite possible

Why does companys like Capcom don't use or make their own game engines anymore? I don't think that the Unreal Engine is bad, I only think that big companys like Capcom should have their own game engines, to me it feels a little bit strange ;)

They've got their engine in development (Phanta Rei, as seen in Deep Down), although I would assume they're undergoing some major problems with it. Last gen they mostly used their in-house engine MT Framework, as used in pretty much all of their internal Japanese developments.

GrandWaterfallVenezuela.gif

We need this stage since charlie fell from it in alpha 2 (Venezuela) then he exploted in the bison base.. Lol I mean goddamn they totally dismissed the alpha 2 ending in alpha 3

Skilletor

GrandWaterfallVenezuela.gif

We need this stage since charlie fell from it in alpha 2 (Venezuela) then he exploted in the bison base.. Lol I mean goddamn they totally dismissed the alpha 2 ending in alpha 3

Loved that stage as well.

I'd also like Guile's A3 stage. That was one of the sickest additions to the game.

I want something like the Sakura Alpha 2 stage too.
Same here I would love a suburbs/average neighborhood Japan stage. Heck I like Guy's as well, front of a Japanese convenience store was my favorite Alpha stage. As long as it has more personality than SF4's stages I will be happy. A good bit were just slightly different versions of other things.

Same here I would love a suburbs/average neighborhood Japan stage. Heck I like Guy's as well, front of a Japanese convenience store was my favorite Alpha stage. As long as it has more personality than SF4's stages I will be happy. A good bit were just slightly different versions of other things.

SF needs more urban stages so it can have that feel that can fight literally breakout anywhere. You know what would be awesome remember that scene in SFII movie where ken and bison fight on a plane that would be awesome.

tumblr_mkt2xxdOok1r72ht7o1_500.gif

tumblr_n62858e6nE1r32pkko1_250.gif

tumblr_n39asa2Z111s20ivko1_500.gif

Village

I'll make a legit noob-comment, but i must say that i always love to look at Street Fighters' character-animations because it actually looks like two people in a real fight. Only Mortal Kombat comes close to that feel imho. As a casual fighting-games player that is definitely important for me.

When i look at a game like Guilty Gear Xrd, KoF, SkullGirls it all just look like stills of characters in fighting-poses that may or may not be touching each other. To me, it looks horrible in comparison (yes, also GG Xrd, wich everybody in the fighting-community seems to be drooling about)

This is probably blasphemy, but whatever...

Randam

At least post the gif so we can see it in all it's glory

6f9820abf406972b842cd1182e1897b0.gif
Really hope they town the bs sf4 had in the end somewhat down.
Some stages(dinosaur-land) and costumes where just ridiculous.
Same goes for some ultra combo animations..

Top Bottom