• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V being built on Unreal Engine 4

im done with this thread, people (sf fans) are nitpicking minor graphical differences and blowing them out of proportion calling them huge differences. even heard someone say the difference is night and day lmao.

gameplay wise i dont know, maybe sf5 is massively different but graphically? hell no. its basically the same shit. if u want to see a huge difference see uc1>uc2.

74343-Tombstone-well-bye-gif-hji0.gif

Momentary

Banned
im done with this thread, people (sf fans) are nitpicking minor graphical differences and blowing them out of proportion calling them huge differences. even heard someone say the difference is night and day lmao.

gameplay wise i dont know, maybe sf5 is massively different but graphically? hell no. its basically the same shit. if u want to see a huge difference see uc1>uc2.

Animation, lighting, texture, background object details and the amount of objects in the background. There's a difference. I agree that the design of the characters are very similar. But that's about it.

See ya

JP

So instead of answering my question, you ask me the same question? Ok let's play this game of yours.
aazxm8.gif

I can tell you whats new. Please point out how this animated gif isn't doing anything new?
Love the new lighting on the game. There are some close ups of Ryu and you can see that his attacks appear to project light on the 3D models really nicely.

ShinAmano

Of course you can be disappointed, but every reasoning you've pointed out is either moot or flat out wrong. SF4 only got to 40 characters after years and the first release had 19 characters, this is a fact.

Your knowledge is being questioned because it is wrong. That's supposed to be insulting, specially when you're being arrogant about it. No one gives a shit about how long you've been playing if what you're saying isn't true.
I stick by my 25 sorry but the vast majority of people who played street fighter 4 never played this elusive arcade version. I am not denying its existence, just staring that the console release (like sf5)will be most peoples first time with the game.

"I stick by my 25 sorry but the vast majority of people who played street fighter 4 never played this elusive arcade version. I am not denying its existence, just staring that the console release (like sf5)will be most peoples first time with the game."

Your first experience playing SF4 is irrelevant. The first version of SF4 had 17 playable characters. That is a fact.

ShinAmano

"I stick by my 25 sorry but the vast majority of people who played street fighter 4 never played this elusive arcade version. I am not denying its existence, just staring that the console release (like sf5)will be most peoples first time with the game."

Your first experience playing SF4 is irrelevant. The first version of SF4 had 17 playable characters. That is a fact.
First console release of the game had 25. That is a fact.

th4tguy

And they were also bound by contract I think?

AK started as a multi gen game which required UE3 because UE4 doesn't support last gen consoles.
They dropped support for last gen consoles but they were too far along with the game to port to UE4.

I stick by my 25 sorry but the vast majority of people who played street fighter 4 never played this elusive arcade version. I am not denying its existence, just staring that the console release (like sf5)will be most peoples first time with the game.

Get over it. We all know the roster will expand over time. Just like the original sf4 and it's roster of 17. So I dunno what you are complaining about.

First console release of the game had 25. That is a fact.

The problem is that your fact has no relevance to the discussion. The game went through a development cycle and came out the other end with under 20 characters. It then went through an entire other development cycle which produced the total 25 characters in the console release. The results from that extra development cannot be compared to the suggested 16 characters that are coming in the first release of SFV.

You aren't really making an argument anymore. At this point, your only real options are to either:

1. Admit that you weren't aware of/didn't take into account the average character roster of first release fighting games before claiming that 16 was "disappointing"

or

2. Somehow provide evidence that fighting games generally produced larger rosters the first time around which would give us a reason to understand why 16 is so disappointing.

Outside of doing one of those two things, you seem to just be wasting your breath.

ShinAmano

The problem is that your fact has no relevance to the discussion. The game went through a development cycle and came out the other end with under 20 characters. It then went through an entire other development cycle which produced the total 25 characters in the console release. The results from that extra development cannot be compared to the suggested 16 characters that are coming in the first release of SFV.

You aren't really making an argument anymore. At this point, your only real options are to either:

1. Admit that you weren't aware of/didn't take into account the average character roster of first release fighting games before claiming that 16 was "disappointing"

or

2. Somehow provide evidence that fighting games generally produced larger rosters the first time around which would give us a reason to understand why 16 is so disappointing.

Outside of doing one of those two things, you seem to just be wasting your breath.
better option pick up the sticks improve your fighting game knowledge cuz I know I can handle my own

Teletraan1

Banned
As someone who did not play that much SFIV my initial reaction was that I was underwhelmed. In my minds eye the game looked just like the last one. After seeing some proper footage and looking at IV again, it has definitely changed my mind. Huge upgrade. The animation looks superb.

or

The-Rock-Clapping-Reaction-Gif.gif

Keep preaching.

Lulubop

Such blatant trolling.

KAL2006

Banned
SF1 - 2
SF2 - 8
SFA - 13
SF3 - 11
SFEX - 17
SF4 - 19

Just a quick rundown of how many characters in the first iteration of a SF.

JJD

I'm OK with 16 characters IF we don't get 4 or 5 shotos in the initial roster.

I think 24 would have been perfect. The original 12 from SF2 (Including Boxer, Claw Dictator and Sagat), plus 12 new characters. Then they can start adding fan favorites from the Alpha series or SF3.

Man 2016 seems soon far away... :-(

fader

better option pick up the sticks improve your fighting game knowledge cuz I know I can handle my own

great rebuttal...

Anyways so it seems like what Ken has said so far is coming true... I am interested in their three new characters their making especially the North African one.

Vice

The fireball effects are different, they've never had those tentacles coming off of them. The water and lightning stuff is all new. Cloth looks more cloth-like. Different skin shaders. Longer/slimmer limbs. Stage details look different, IV's were more akin to the SF2 and Alpha art while V is pulling from a late 90s/3rd strike place. Much different lighting a night stage like the diner in SFIV looks nothing like the stage we saw in V and they are in a similar setting.

A_Gorilla

Banned
The fireball effects are different, they've never had those tentacles coming off of them. The water and lightning stuff is all new. Cloth looks more cloth-like. Different skin shaders. Longer/slimmer limbs. Stage details look different, IV's were more akin to the SF2 and Alpha art while V is pulling from a late 90s/3rd strike place. Much different lighting a night stage like the diner in SFIV looks nothing like the stage we saw in V and they are in a similar setting.

You're wasting you breath, dude. He's banned.

VariantX

He's already gone man. He couldn't even see ( probably didnt even want to see) the big jump in visual detail and lighting in his own comparison shots.

Can't wait to see the weather effects added to all of that .

Blobbers

To be honest, I was one of those people who thought the game looked like SF4.1 when it was first revealed.

Every time I see new SF5 media, though, the differences become more and more obvious. I really needed to see screenshots from the 2 games compared head to head to drive the differences home. The .gifs help too. I think come release the game will look amazing.

Randam

So what if sf 5 will first ne released on the arcades with 16 fighters and the pc/console release will come with more?

Top Bottom