• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT2| Another Fight Isn't Coming Your Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRojo

I lied, I'll only take one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpDGRmfB6F0

For the rest, there's my profile. My Mika is actually extremely rough around the edges because I haven't spent any time in Training mode, so now I actually want to spend time leveling up in there and with consecutive Casual/Battle Loung matches before I go back to Ranked.

I should use that air d.MP move more often, people seem not to be aware of it and get their AAs stuffed :p

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Wasn't someone talking about a black Vega named moomdoom earlier? Can't remember who and why.

Anyway, just fought against him with my Cammy. I lost in the end, but that was a hype match, we were both very cautious and paying footsies a lot. Very tense.

No, not getting ripped off is pretty important for my enjoyment of this though.

Ripped of of what? 50 FM?

I think it is more the frustration of losing on FM and LP when you win but not being an asshole and quitting out when you lose. You can play 5 ranked matches and gain nothing despite winning 4-1.

Frustating yes, Not enough to kill my enjoyement

Yeah, because that's all it's about, right...

Yes! only fake moneys!

Guys I am not defending RQs, but you guys are making it out a bigger problem that it is... some people are quitting to play the game ffs. A win is still a win, a patch is coming

explodet

Been trying out Zangief. I get bodied by Rashid, do okay against Birdie, and completely wreck Cammy.
His light attacks are way too useful.

Not many Kens in casual today, go figure.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Also, it's always satisfying when you encounter someone who's playing the same character as you in the same league, but you clearly play that character much better than them.

Spman2099

Also, it's always satisfying when you encounter someone who's playing the same character as you in the same league, but you clearly play that character much better than them.

I never put too much stock in a single match. I had a match with a solid Cammy where I just played terribly. That Cammy player probably wonders how I got out of the rookie league. Sometimes the wheels fall off...

*shrug*

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I never put too much stock in a single match. I had a match with a solid Cammy where I just played terribly. That Cammy player probably wonders how I got out of the rookie league. Sometimes the wheels fall off...

*shrug*

Was that Cammy in red and dark blue, on the New Zealand stage, and the guy was named Berutoron? Cause that would be me :p. But, yeah, you're right.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Get a higher refresh monitor. I'm on g-sync where there's no tearing but even a regular 144hz monitor significantly reduces the amount of visible tearing with v-sync off when you operate at the higher refresh rate.

As for turning off the game's native v-sync add these two lines into Engine.ini in your appdata folder (user folder/AppData/Local/StreetFighterV/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor/Engine.ini).

Code:
[SystemSettings]
r.VSync=0

For other solutions to reduce input lag check out this article: http://www.displaylag.com/reduce-input-lag-in-pc-games-the-definitive-guide/
It shows a nice comparison of all solutions at the bottom with USF4.

USF4's in-game v-sync had slightly higher input lag than doing it through the drivers. No idea on how it is in SFV, though, but I doubt it will be anywhere near as significant of a difference as turning v-sync off (hence the getting a better monitor suggestion).

Thanks for the tips. I won't be buying new hardware for this, but I'll definitely check out the link. You also made me realize why my .ini edit wasn't working, so thanks for that too!

Ripped off my win. I was supposed to be there on the victory screen, because I was the better player that match. I worked for this win, who are you to take it away just because you feel like acting like an immature, childish asshole?

I respect that

I don't understand it, but I respect it

Spman2099

Was that Cammy in red and dark blue, on the New Zealand stage, and the guy was named Berutoron? Cause that would be me :p. But, yeah, you're right.

Ha, no. This particular incident was a couple of nights ago. It wasn't a mirror match either (I use Mika). However, I couldn't do anything right. The connection was perfect, but I couldn't even hit my most rudimentary combos.

I get what you are saying though. I think it is fun essentially showing other players new tech. I try to use every trick I know a couple of times when playing another Mika player.

NeonBlack

How do people decide which character to focus on when learning? I've finally managed to try everyone in training mode, and that's helped me filter out a bunch of characters that don't really suit me, but I'm still left with 8 characters that I like. :p

How I picked my main:

Cammy's battle suit is cool.

RM8

How do people decide which character to focus on when learning? I've finally managed to try everyone in training mode, and that's helped me filter out a bunch of characters that don't really suit me, but I'm still left with 8 characters that I like. :p
I always pick the designs I like the most, lol. I pretty much always main (or at least second) either Sim or Chun. In SFIV I deviated a bit since I overall played more Makoto than them (which was super out of character for me since I'm an annoying defensive player), and this time I'm back to mostly Dhalsim. I do enjoy Karin, though. As much as I love SFV, I can't say I love a ton of characters, to be honest, and I'm not interested in anyone from the season pass. I'll be Sim/Karin for a while.

SFII (Turbo, Super, Super Turbo, etc.): Chun, Sim
SFA: Chun
SFA2: Sim, Rose, Dan
SFA3: Chun, Karin... I honestly didn't play a ton of this, lol
EX series: Sim, Pullum, Chun
SFIV: Makoto, Sim, Chun, Rose

BiggNife

Play like 3-5 ranked matches with each character and see how you do.

There's a few characters I like in this game, but after trying Birdie, Chun, Dhalsim and Vega in ranked matches it became clear to me that I was succeeding the most with Vega so I stuck with him.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Ha, no. This particular incident was a couple of nights ago. It wasn't a mirror match either (I use Mika). However, I couldn't do anything right. The connection was perfect, but I couldn't even hit my most rudimentary combos.

I get what you are saying though. I think it is fun essentially showing other players new tech. I try to use every trick I know a couple of times when playing another Mika player.

Agree on the bolded. I was using the side-switch Spin Knuckle, and the guy started using it after I'd shown it to him a couple times. Mirror matches are always interesting, because you're thinking "he already knows all the tricks, how can I possibly surprise him?"

Cammy's Cannon Strike is decidedly useless by the way. Well, it's good every once in a while when it homes in on the enemy from the other side after a Hooligan, but other than that it has no priority and gets countered by even the puniest of light punches. Hate hate hate Cannon Strike.

Right now I'd say my worst nightmares are Nash, Ryu, Ken, and possibly Rashid, Bison, Laura and R Mika, though those four might just be because I seldom have to fight them and/or the few players I fight against are good with them. Chun-Li can be a pain too. Those normals.

hwateber

Ripped of of what? 50 FM?

Frustating yes, Not enough to kill my enjoyement

Yes! only fake moneys!

Guys I am not defending RQs, but you guys are making it out a bigger problem that it is... some people are quitting to play the game ffs. A win is still a win, a patch is coming

I imagine most people who frequently post in this thread are playing online with the intent to become a better player. You don't become a better player unless you play people who are at or above your skill level and that requires getting into the higher rankings. Rage quitting is frustrating because it's making that process much longer.

Spman2099

This is the problem with being matched with people below your rank...

Hours of solid play yesterday. Hours! Lost in four messy matches...

Celcius

°Temp. member
Hard mode survival for me so far is nope.gif
The farthest I've been able to get so far is lv 34. Spamming that MP shoryuken as ken is wearing my thumb out lol.
Other than that, nothing else to do but hop online for some ranked matches. Do we know what day the March update hits? (since March 1st is Tuesday)

HardRojo

Hard mode survival for me so far is nope.gif
The farthest I've been able to get so far is lv 34. Spamming that MP shoryuken as ken is wearing my thumb out lol.
Other than that, nothing else to do but hop online for some ranked matches. Do we know what day the March update hits? (since March 1st is Tuesday)

Nope, but I expect at least some news next week.

Ripped off my win. I was supposed to be there on the victory screen, because I was the better player that match. I worked for this win, who are you to take it away just because you feel like acting like an immature, childish asshole?

I'm BronsonLee.

And I say you weren't better so YOINK see you later space cowboy

FluxWaveZ

Sent! Saw you're from canada, hope our connection is good

Yikes, it seems our connection isn't the best. I've had good connections with U.S. people before and my connection is wired, so I guess we just live too far apart from each other.

Regardless, GGs. You'd probably have beaten me even harder in better circumstances, heh.

Still haven't learned how to properly approach Nash; I'm just not sure what to do with fireballs that isn't just blocking them forever. Jump over them, and I get AA'd. It's crazy how better players feel like they're mind reading sometimes.

Xeteh

KBR took marvel 3 GF, that was so hype man oh my god D:

fchamp is gonna hold this L forever.

Idk who is doing commentary right now on Team Sp00ky... but his hate for Marvel is making me laugh. Especially after hearing about Champ was running on about how he was winning Marvel easy.

Marvel

could never
not sure what to do with fireballs that isn't just blocking them forever. Jump over them, and I get AA'd. It's crazy how better players feel like they're mind reading sometimes.
I find NJK works ok. You'll get a hit as they rush in or a block to think what to do next.

Mœbius

Had fun in Casuals tonight, smooth connection and lots of opponents; but is the level of opponents in casual not that great compared to ranked (which I have completely stayed away from since launch)? What has other peoples experience of this been?

Rektash

Annnnd finally in silver league after having started playing ranked yesterday evening. All the ragequitters couldn't stop me after all.

Don't think I will get much higher anytime soon though as progress slowed a lot the closer I got to silver league. For now, I am happy to be here.

I wish I still had the time to grind it out and get good like in SF IV but I guess I am too old for that shit nowdays. Oh well, such is life with a job.

Morris

Disco Devil
Yikes, it seems our connection isn't the best. I've had good connections with U.S. people before and my connection is wired, so I guess we just live too far apart from each other.

Regardless, GGs. You'd probably have beaten me even harder in better circumstances, heh.

Still haven't learned how to properly approach Nash; I'm just not sure what to do with fireballs that isn't just blocking them forever. Jump over them, and I get AA'd. It's crazy how better players feel like they're mind reading sometimes.

GGs man. I'm wired as well, I just seem to not have any luck against 4 bars.

I've played a fair bunch of sets against Mikas and none of them seem to be able to get over Nash zoning, it's a horrible matchup. A gameplan you could have is get him to the corner and make your main goal to drain his v-meter by baiting v-reversals, Nash's lack of reversals make the corner his only real weakness. Once you have him drained feel free to go to town, his only option is to gamble on a jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom