• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Xeteh

Does anyone have a good Ibuki tutorial video?

I'm deserting the Mika army. Had enough of this woman, bored of doing the same gimmicks over and over.

PAN's Practical IBUKI | Pressure & Setups Guide and Neutral & Defense Guide

The second video is doubly-godlike because it uses Ys music. So good.

Not gonna lie, that summer outfit is some good stuff.

Yeah, it is fantastic. She's legit fun too but I have about no idea what to do with her.

Laura's better designed than 90% of the cast and is more fun to play than everyone else tbh

And she also has the best costumes, though luxury chun is real good.

Don't be too crazy!

AEREC

So is Alex any good? I kinda feel like he's been forgotten. Seems like he also has a lot of special moves at his disposal.

Been digging his design and moveset lately and was thinking about focusing on him.

I kinda feel like he's been forgotten.
So just like SF3 Alex.

So is Alex any good? I kinda feel like he's been forgotten. Seems like he also has a lot of special moves at his disposal.

Been digging his design and moveset lately and was thinking about focusing on him.
If you liked SF3 Alex then he's pretty much the same here. He's good at what he does with his long range normals and decent pressure and mobility but his defense is sorely lacking.

LakeEarth

Finally took the time to purchase Balrog and give him a mp+mk. I like him, his normals don't go as far as SF4 but they have some distance to them. I need to figure out how to incorporate his v-skill overhead, as that seems to be where a lot of his offense comes from.

I thought you were joking with your first sentence.

I knew you were joking after your second sentence.

SF has some of the most boring and bland character designs of any popular fighting game, so it's not really saying much, but Laura's design is still better than most. Though in SFV they've done a good job with making characters look a lot cooler, especially Balrog.

It's also why, even though I don't like 3S, I really appreciate what they did with the character designs as characters like Necro, Hugo, and even Remy are far superior to the characters they were meant to replace. And I don't even like Remy.

Are you Ono?

Fuck Blanka

SF has some of the most boring and bland character designs of any popular fighting game, so it's not really saying much, but Laura's design is still better than most. Though in SFV they've done a good job with making characters look a lot cooler, especially Balrog.

It's also why, even though I don't like 3S, I really appreciate what they did with the character designs as characters like Necro, Hugo, and even Remy are far superior to the characters they were meant to replace. And I don't even like Remy.

Fuck Blanka
This is a WILD shot in the dark here, but I'm guessing your favourite character from Overwatch is Reaper?

And yes, Fuck Blanka.
F.A.N.G.'s design is the best and you all know it. I'd be interested in a summer costume for this gorgeous dude.

I'd love to give Capcom money for a good FANG costume. But they'd actually have to make a good F.A.N.G costume first :(

I don't like most OW designs, but Explorer Winston is my spirit animal. Evel Knievel S76 is cool too.

I just can't seem to get a read on you. Damn, I feel like I wasted my time taking that optional Psychology course a year ago.

Though I agree with you on Hugo, that is one damn good design.

I just can't seem to get a read on you. Damn, I feel like I wasted my time taking that optional Psychology course a year ago.

Though I agree with you on Hugo, that is one damn good design.

I'm actually relatively simple when it comes to characters in fighting games. If it's a cute girl that can command grab, that's my main.

And yeah, Makoto and Hugo are imo the two best designs of any mainline SF game. I also love Skullomania and Shadowgeist but I grew up playing EX so I'm kinda biased.

Zerojul

I'd love to give Capcom money for a good FANG costume. But they'd actually have to make a good F.A.N.G costume first :(

Yeah seeing their track record with him your wallet is safe for a while.
I'm still waiting on a traditonal tank-top outfit with sunglasses for Guile, personally.

KingBroly

Banned
I'd say 1 out of every 6 costumes on average Capcom's shown so far is actually worth purchasing. Well, if you got all of the colors for them instead of having to play Survival each time.

Ketch

I don't understand how Laura's visual design is anything but super generic.... Hot chick in a belly shirt. In my opinion the best designs in this game are the SFII returnees, but that's probably because they're just super iconic. Like honestly, Laura, Karin, and Alex are all bottom of the barrel as far as being just straight up boring to look at. I think the best visually designed new character is Fang.

Sheroking

Laura is the worst character design is Street Fighter history. I didn't think they could top Fuerte, but they pulled it off.

Her boob-o-licious design, made by and for the terminally thirsty. Her coin-flip vortex horseshit. Her VO - the worst and most grating I've ever heard. Her characterization - an annoying moron with no real motivations or purpose.

I couldn't help but laugh at her role in the story, too. Randomly running around the world for no reason just so it could lead the actual relevant characters to Brazil, so Ken could impress Sean.

0/10.

Don't know why people with characters with invincible reversals are complaining about coin flips. It ain't a coin flip for you.

I don't understand how Laura's visual design is anything but super generic.... Hot chick in a belly shirt. In my opinion the best designs in this game are the SFII returnees, but that's probably because they're just super iconic. Like honestly, Laura, Karin, and Alex are all bottom of the barrel as far as being just straight up boring to look at. I think the best visually designed new character is Fang.

I like what they did with Balrog and Vega, but the rest of the SF2 characters designs are bad. Just because they're iconic and got slight redesigns, doesn't mean they don't still look like shit.

Karin's fine, never cared much for Alex though.

Ketch

To be clear, my opinion has nothing to do with how she plays or anything other then her visual design. Which just seems to be hot girl in revealing shirt. And I'm not even saying that revealing is a bad design, it can be done in an interesting way.... But nothing about Laura is interesting, it's just like regular clothes.

@skLa I guess we just got different opinions. I agree that ken and chunli kind of look like total ass in this game but I think ryu, geif, dhalsim, cammy, Nash, birdie, mike, and even generic ass bison look cool in this version.

When all is said and done Laura still has a better role in the story than Necalli.

DING DING vs Devour-our-our

At least Necalli lead to
Ryu gaining control over the SATSUI NO HADO while Laura just fought Ken and ribbed on Sean for not having a girlfriend (dafuq?) and fighting with Alex against Gief and Mika.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
All of those sticks listed in the OP work on PC, correct?

All of those sticks listed in the OP work on PC, correct?
I believe the Mad Catz ones have official drivers but for the others you'll probably have to use some software to emulate a 360 pad or something. Hopefully some stick enthusiast in this thread can explain in better detail.
Poor Necalli, so much fun to play and everyone hates on him. No wonder he's so emo.

I legit felt bad for Necalli, that dude was just like " Why can't I devour :( :( :( "

Zerojul

Hey I don't hate on pillar boy or anything but his influence on the SF lore as a whole was a bit of a let-down, him being hyped as the next ultimate bad guy evil extradimensional entity or whatever.
Maybe he will do something more in season 2 ?

I don't need a DP for Laura. I have a three frame crouch jab.

Doesn't stop that whole design philosophy from being garbago.

Setplay/oki is a bad design philosophy? Guess you must hate every fighting game that isn't divekick then.

If you think Laura or Mika are tough, never touch an anime fighter.

Sheroking

Setplay/oki is a bad design philosophy? Guess you must hate every fighting game that isn't divekick then.

Calling Vortex in Street Fighter "setplay/oki" is like calling a stubbed toe a broken foot.

There are two characters in this game built this way. Two of twenty.

Marvel

could never
That's 100MB of gifs...
Pretty sure you've done that crap before, too
What RQ? no.

If you meant making big gifs, yeah I'm not great with pc's lol. I didn't realize they would be so big when they were done. Hence why I put em in quotes.

Top Bottom