• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Xeteh

They definitely can't, there is no way to tell.

As you said, as long as you're not using anything to grant your account entitlements (which only seems to be on PS4 atm) you SHOULD be fine.

Thanks Garrett. Its what I figured. And yeah... the PS4 exploit was something Capcom would absolutely react to just because of how it manipulated their servers.

That PS4 exploit was really questionable from the beginning. Not surprised if they're aiming to crack down on that.

Yep. Once I saw there was a "cheat" to unlock colors on PS4 I was super stoked, then I read how to do it an immediately realized I shouldn't touch it at all. If I played PC I would have used the survival mod months ago... this PS4 exploit is a whole separate beast. Don't fuck with it.

Ouch. Yeah, it seems very poorly designed by Capcom. I thought it might be a system they implemented for tournament organizers to unlock everything on multiple systems but... ouch.

MrCarter

It makes sense but he's just stating the obvious. No matter how easy the exploit was they still exploited it and deserve to face the consequences. That's like saying if someone had left their phone on a train and because you thought they were stupid and careless you deserve to steal it. Well no, you don't, because it's still illegal.
Idk, I think there are some fair uses of that - specifically colours or costumes for tournaments. There's no easy way to do it on PS4 but it adds a little bit of variety to spectating.

If anything, it's good that things like this have made Capcom aware of how poor the colours situation is, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they say to address it.

MrCarter

Honestly? It's kinda brilliant that someone figured out how to do this a couple a months ago for a Major Tournament out of the blue and everyone was amazed by how it was actually done.

But it's just another example of how Capcom fucked this game up.

Shit post #78628

Pokemon GO has had similar issues with this too. At least they will go about punishing those that have messed around with this.

MrCarter

Idk, I think there are some fair uses of that - specifically colours or costumes for tournaments. There's no easy way to do it on PS4 but it adds a little bit of variety to spectating.

If anything, it's good that things like this have made Capcom aware of how poor the colours situation is, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they say to address it.

Oh no I don't care about the colours or mods. But using the exploit to gain more fight money, premium stuff, characters and using unreleased characters in online is taking a bit far in my opinion.

Various Karin DP baits:

QWx6M5.gif

I'm just showing off the baits here, but it is funny that this sequence happens to exactly stun lol

KingBroly

Banned
Haha...this is really bad on Capcom's part. You know you fucked up real bad when even the biggest sanctioned tournament uses them to unlock colors.

EVO isn't the only Tournament to use it, though. I think NorCal Regionals was the first Tournament to use this exploit. Of course, I don't think anyone informed Capcom that they (and other people) were doing it because it's 100% on Capcom for letting it escalate to that point.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210017997]Various Karin DP baits:

QWx6M5.gif

I'm just showing off the baits here, but it is funny that this sequence happens to exactly stun lol[/QUOTE]

How does this work against other DPs? Mainly interesting in Ryu and Ken's.

How does this work against other DPs? Mainly interesting in Ryu and Ken's.

It's extremely good against Ryu's dp because it's so shallow. Very safe. Against Ken you have to gamble on heavy jaguar kick and go over it. It works on most characters, you just have to test which strength to use. I like meaty mk jaguar kick after hk scythe so knowing the bait version is huge.

I don't recommend it vs cammy because the strength you need to use changes based on the dp strength she uses.

Sigmaah

I don't blame anyone who does the exploit. Shit, wish I had all of that shit. I would love to grind for it but ya no fuck survival.

Just make character levels unlock colors like 11-15

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210017997]Various Karin DP baits:

QWx6M5.gif

I'm just showing off the baits here, but it is funny that this sequence happens to exactly stun lol[/QUOTE]

How did Moonsault beat her EX DP? EVERYTHING beats Moonsault, it has zero invincibility frames.

I've played hundreds of matches against Karin where she beats my Moonsault with the EX DP.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Good games...once you get in I just have no clue what to do!!

Punish her target combo if you block it. (It's -5.)
Use V-Reversal if you ever block a charged drop kick (but you should counter-hit it or jump over it instead if you can).

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I wish I had stuck to fighting games when I was a kid. None of my friends played them and the only active arcade was super far from my house. My mechanics might be less shit if I had kept at it.

Yeah, I haven't played remotely seriously since Third Strike, and even then I was kinda meh, so it's going to be an uphill battle for me too, but I want to stick with it and hopefully be borderline competent in a year from now. =)

How did Moonsault beat her EX DP? EVERYTHING beats Moonsault, it has zero invincibility frames.

I've played hundreds of matches against Karin where she beats my Moonsault with the EX DP.

ex ressenha runs out of invincibility pretty fast, you'd have to do it later.
This is also why I don't really see the point of those setups, I don't know any karin players that would just throw out that move unless it's a deep reversal or in a combo.

The power of setplay.

Knowing the frames and hitboxes is everything when you're dictating the situation.

ex ressenha runs out of invincibility pretty fast, you'd have to do it later.
This is also why I don't really see the point of those setups, I don't know any karin players that would just throw out that move unless it's a deep reversal or in a combo.

Like I said, I like meaty jaguar kick setups. If you show those to people a few times they start trying to reversal since the jaguar kick startup is(deliberately in my case) very easy to see. Granted, they might not consider it worth meter in Karin's case.

It's for preying on people's reactions and intelligence. It's not supposed to be a clever 50/50 situation.

Hyun Sai

It makes sense but he's just stating the obvious. No matter how easy the exploit was they still exploited it and deserve to face the consequences. That's like saying if someone had left their phone on a train and because you thought they were stupid and careless you deserve to steal it. Well no, you don't, because it's still illegal.

The author of the article never said anything about if people should be punished or not. He just explained the tech behind it.

Zackat

2 games in a row I have disconnected from lag. Anyone else?

3 in a row, I got one match in and was about to win the runback then got disconnected. Though I guess it could have been a ragequit that time.

Xeteh

I'm thinking if this is anything other than just maintenance they're gonna push out a patch or a fix to stop the PS4 exploits.

Yeah, I'm with you. Either that or there was something that the fix they pushed out the other night for various bugs broke something else.

Moaradin

Karin DP gets beat out a lot after the first couple invincibility frames.

I just noticed the OP with the list of things fixed with the latest patch. Why didn't they fix the problem of people interrupting Nash's EX Moonsault on block (after the second hit)?

It's completely unfair and out of the Nash player's hands to defend against it. If you could cancel out of the move then I'd be cool with it but that's not the case.

Zackat

Why didn't they fix the problem of people interrupting Nash's EX Moonsault on block (after the second hit)?

It's completely unfair and out of the Nash player's hands to defend against it.

he can take that L. His frame data is so good. But I'm just a noob who has a hard time against Nash.

LMAO!!!!!!!! people on the street fighter reddit are currently shitting bricks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFigh...e_aware_of_users_exploiting_cheats_to_unlock/

the comments trying to justify stealing from psn store is hilarious. Oh well i unlocked the survival hard mode colors for my main girl Laura months ago so it is none of my concern what happens.

"Yo capcom when you goin do something about ragequitters?"

"We'll deal with them. as for the players illegitmately racking up FM and getting premium costumes without paying for it...."

"OH SHIT! STOPPLAYINSTOPPLAYINSTOPPLAYIN!!!"

Hyun Sai

UchihaReactions, Ibuki player must have been confused and thought it was a ranked match, because just rage quit in casual.

This is getting better and better.

Morris

Disco Devil
Anyone up for some matches?

CFN: Whales

GGs man. Lil tip against Ibuki. Cmd dash after target combo setups will never cross up and she will always be at an advantage, you got hit by them every time, what you can do against it is block regularly or dp until you get respected on that particular mixup.

Also don't jump against her unless you're ken or cammy, she has really good AA normals and you can get CC'd into super.

Whales

Banned
What happened? I haven't played at all today.

whoops, im stupid. Played against a platinum guy named ''morris'', you posted earlier so I thought it was you lol. My bad

GGs man. Lil tip against Ibuki. Cmd dash after target combo setups will never cross up and she will always be at an advantage, you got hit by them every time, what you can do against it is block regularly or dp until you get respected on that particular mixup.

Also don't jump against her unless you're ken or cammy, she has really good AA normals and you can get CC'd into super.

thanks a bunch for the games dude and thanks for the tips

I know I jump too much, my footsies are still bad that's why :/. GGS!!

I did try DPing that command dash a few times.. but im still clunky as hell with my stick. Still, I didn't know she was at advantage on that ( and didn't know it would never cross up). Really helpful

Not gonna lie, I used the hack to unlock colors 7-10. I didn't do any of the Fight Money stuff because that's kinda scummy, but I hope I don't get banned over unlocking colors.

he can take that L. His frame data is so good. But I'm just a noob who has a hard time against Nash.

Just go nuts, jump in a lot, cross up and don't let up on yomi...yolo...whatever it's called after you knock him down. He has no wake up game and his best one gets stuffed easily by normals. All he can really do is block on wakeup. His anti-air is also lacking. He has a L.MP that takes off a sliver of damage so it's worth the risk for the damage you can get from a jump in into big combo.

He's most dangerous when he's going balls deep on you or when you give him room to breathe and calculate his attacks.

Always be watching for his v-trigger. The only thing that takes the wind out of my sails more than an anticipated and successfully blocked v-trigger is a botched CA.

Top Bottom