• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

As I continue to sabotage my win/loss ratio with Kolin, I find myself frustrated with mash inputs in this game. As someone who uses the double-tap method to land confirms more easily, it can be really hard turning off that instinct for this single character.

I know this is entirely a personal issue but it's cost my a few close matches already and demoralizes me to no end.

Double tapping shouldn't trigger the mash specials.

mbpm1

I think its interesting but isn't explored, he's ermac but they didn't do anything with that concept. I've said before that they should have been remixing different voices from warriors he's absorbed, but again its too late for that. I'm a fan of the concept, and his design, and costumes designs are quite fantastic. So I dig him, but that's just me.

Well that and nothing really stands out in what he's absorbed. He doesn't seem to have much variation in fighting style at all, so although he's supposed to absorbed great warriors across history it seems more like he's absorbed great cavemen through prehistory. And learned nothing except how to job and get knocked up by Akuma

Village

Lol video game character stories and personalities. As if any of that matters.

It does. Its why people like characters, visual and personality design plays a key part into the appeal of characters and gets people to stick around. So yeah, it matters a lot, people literally get paid to communicate that through animation , design and dialogue. It doesn't
matter in all games, but it matters for a fuck ton of them, even in games like mario from time to time.

It is mui importante

Lulubop

It does. Its why people like characters, visual and personality design plays a key part into the appeal of characters and gets people to stick around. So yeah, it matters a lot, people literally get paid to communicate that through animation , design and dialogue. It doesn't
matter in all games, but it matters for a fuck ton of them, even in games like mario from time to time.

It is mui importante

Just look at Overwatch, it matters a lot.

Village

I changed necalli's theme in game to this

Just look at Overwatch, it matters a lot.

you got folks caring about a games lore that at this point is damn near non-existant.

Well that and nothing really stands out in what he's absorbed. He doesn't seem to have much variation in fighting style at all, so although he's supposed to absorbed great warriors across history it seems more like he's absorbed great cavemen through prehistory. And learned nothing except how to job and get knocked up by Akuma

Letting someone eat you is how you knock up someone? I've been doing it wrong, it seems got re-evaluate my strat .

True, Though i have to admit I like the feralness of his moveset but I do wish they made the moves look more like they cam different sources.

vulva

It is mui importante

I mostly just say this stuff now to get you going about some weird thing about how you need to know that ryu is sympathetic to the empoverished youth of el salvador in order to find his fireball interesting.

Village

I mostly just say this stuff now to get you going about some weird thing about how you need to know that ryu is sympathetic to the empoverished youth of el salvador in order to find his fireball interesting.

What will get me ranting differs depends on times. I'm an enigma wrapped in a mystery. Or an idiot on a keyboard.

Right now its comic book related stuff. Me and a friend had an argument last night about which x men are actually worth a damn

Necalli has a worse fight record than Dan and preempts Deviantart by going Junior.

ICzdVmq.jpg

Awful, awful character. I'd rather watch Encino Man again.

Necalli lost to:
Ryu and Sim (who got punched in the back right before, but you could call that more of a tie than anything)
Bison
Ryu
Fucking Balrog
Akuma
And I think Urien at one point.

But seriously how the fuck do you lose to Balrog? That's like losing to Chun Li when you are supposed to be on the same level as Akuma.

Edzi

Necalli being a big ol' jobber is the most interesting thing about that edgelord character.

I think I'm one of the few people here that actually likes him from a design pov. He's a much cooler "feral" character than Blanka, and the SSJ x Aztec warrior look is sick. I dunno why people consider him edgy, that fits Akuma way more (though I have no problems with Akuma's design either).

Village

I think I'm one of the few people here that actually likes him from a design pov. He's a much cooler "feral" character than Blanka, and the SSJ x Aztec warrior look is sick. I dunno why people consider him edgy, that fits Akuma way more (though I have no problems with Akuma's design either).

how edgy you are is proportionate to character popularity,

I think the most egregious thing about Necalli's design is that he has a bunch of Vs on him because that's the motif going on in SFV.

But the good thing is that it probably means he won't be in another game.

Edzi

I think the most egregious thing about Necalli's design is that he has a bunch of Vs on him because that's the motif going on in SFV.

Necalli is probably the biggest sign of the rushed development of this game. He's so clearly supposed to be the primary villain of the story and Ryu's ultimate adversary, but all that seemed to be scrapped last minute to ship the game.

Village

Eh doesn't restrict him from being anything? V's outlining body designs have been a thing much loneger than necalli, and and will be after him. Doesn't really restrict him from being in future games.

The only think that will restrict him, is not being popular. And he's fairly popular. So yeah.

I mean hakan is the coolest shit but no one played or liked hakan. I miss hakan, I miss hugo.

ElFly

Eh doesn't restrict him from being anything? V's outlining body designs have been a thing much loneger than necalli, and and will be after him. Doesn't really restrict him from being in future games.

The only think that will restrict him, is not being popular. And he's fairly popular. So yeah.

I mean hakan is the coolest shit but no one played or liked hakan. I miss hakan, I miss hugo.

I'd kill a man in cold blood for Hakan

and it is such an straightforward port! V-skill is oil, V-Trigger is Ultra 2, Super is Ultra one, there

MCD250

Be kinda cool if he went away for like 20 years and then came back in a new SF game with some changes. Like Charlie. They can say that another great power has been unleashed or whatever and he has returned to consume it. Maybe don't have him job so much this time tho.

And speaking of Charlie, it kinda saddens me that we probably won't see him again either, since he's dead again and all. I really like how they changed his moveset in this game.

Village

I'd kill a man in cold blood for Hakan

and it is such an straightforward port! V-skill is oil, V-Trigger is Ultra 2, Super is Ultra one, there

There a few characters I really want back , hakan being one of them.

I would really like, makoto back, and Viper.

Also cody, always cody , and hugo . Give me back my sons.

HardRojo

It'll take about 45 mins to download almost all 9 GB of the client. Well, I'll try and play later when I come back from the movie. Gotta take a shower in a while and then head out.

HardRojo

It's not really a big deal? Beta lasts a few days, and a lot of people are at work now anyway.

It's just weird, considering every day the beta opens at the same time ESL starts.
It is great timing.

People watching the streams who don't own the game, can play the free beta if they're interested.
That's a valid point. I tend to forget the objective is to attract new players too lol, I keep thinking they should keep catering to the existing userbase, but yeah, I'm all for expanding the number of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom