• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this seems borked, I had one fight in battle lounge, and now it's searching for an opponent forever and even battle lounges are just straight up failing to start....

HardRojo

Is there a way to make my PS3 TE Round 2 stick work on my laptop? When I plug it in it sounds as if it were recognized by my laptop, but I have no idea how to set it up on PC.

FluxWaveZ

wonder if Sim can just not use sHK and still keep gief out

he doesn't even need to never do it, just not use it so much

Wouldn't it also work against Dhalsim's st.MK? That's one of his most important pokes.

Because of that counter and Gief's headbutt, the Zangief vs. R. Mika match-up has become lopsided as hell.

ElFly

Wouldn't it also work against Dhalsim's st.MK? That's one of his most important pokes.

Because of that counter and Gief's headbutt, the Zangief vs. R. Mika match-up has become lopsided as hell.

but sMK hits low I think? this counter's description says it is specifically against horizontal kicks

needs testing but from that description I assume only sHK gets caught

other people that suffer: Nash, Guile and particularly Karin

Everything loads a lot faster. I don't know about matches in general because I have a really shit computer, but it's about 10 seconds or a little more than that as opposed to around 20. I need more results to call that though.

Matches feel better? At least for me. Like, I haven't hit a lot of roll back, and watching people in lounges has been mostly the same way.

That being said, it's difficult to find matches. And there's a 400002 error popping up randomly in BLs. It's an old error, too, from like back in the day.

So when it works and I 'm in a match, it's better. When I'm playing, it's better (though I need more matches to call that). Loading is better too, if not still needing a few more seconds being shaved off still. If they can correct those errors and get people back in matches, it'll be a pretty good improvement over the previous CFN.

Oh, and the CFN shit actually works. Jesus lord thank you.

Now, who's gonna shift through the files and find the goodies.

Edzi

So like... If they're just giving away new moves that do massive damage specifically to handle bad matchups for Gief, why not do the same thing for actual low tier characters? Gief was already good in S2.

FluxWaveZ

I think the description meant how the kick looks, not what kind of hit is, and that's what I meant too; IIRC sMK is a downwards kick, while sHK is the definition of horizontal

It's pretty ambiguous wording. How I see it now, I can't imagine that they're making a visual check on how the kick looks. I think it's most likely "any medium or heavy kick button which hits mid gets countered." It'd be real interesting if they made it way more specific.

Eh...people say stuff like this when there have been moves since S1 that do this very thing, but nobody does them/can perform them so consistently that they matter.

The MU is already bad for Mika, but now st.MK has become a dangerous poke for her to throw out. And jump-ins are also going to be worse because of his flying headbutt. This has undoubtedly become a really poor MU for Mika.

Can Mika cancel her drop kick? If not, Gief's new move is going to wreck her every time.

Mika can decide to not unleash a charged drop kick. But Gief's V-Skill was already wrecking it every time.

1 ranked match after waiting 20 minutes and every battle lounge match I start up loads for a few seconds then I get hit with a 400002. Awesome. I dunno if its on my end or what.

Edzi

Can Mika cancel her drop kick? If not, Gief's new move is going to wreck her every time.

Gonna destroy Alex's super slow st.hk on reaction too, though that was already risky to throw out against him due to his parry into SPD. Might limit how he can poke with mk though.

ElFly

It's pretty ambiguous wording. How I see it now, I can't imagine that they're making a visual check on how the kick looks. I think it's most likely "any medium or heavy kick button which hits mid gets countered." It'd be real interesting if they made it way more specific.

it could easily be a hitbox that only interacts with landed kicks, and have the hitbox be a square in front of gief's chest/front hand, so not necessarily every standing kick that hits mid will interact with it

a lot like how the armor in his sHP doesn't block every attack that would be blocked high, but it has a proper area where the attacks have to touch for them to be absorbed

hell, maybe sMK would get grabbed if close enough

HardRojo

I wish there was a way to see how good the game is running when changing settings without having to go into a match, my laptop ain't that powerful but it seems like it could run the game decently if I keep tinkering with the settings.

FluxWaveZ

it could easily be a hitbox that only interacts with landed kicks, and have the hitbox be a square in front of gief's chest/front hand, so not necessarily every standing kick that hits mid will interact with it

a lot like how the armor in his sHP doesn't block every attack that would be blocked high, but it has a proper area where the attacks have to touch for them to be absorbed

That would make sense, but it also sounds pretty weird for a counter.

I was just talking about the dropkick.

I guess it depends on its startup. Still, Gief already has the perfect answer of V-Skill > SPD, so it's not like trying the counter would be necessary.

MindofKB

Wow, Cammy's air grab is butt. It looks like a Saturday Night Slam Masters animation.

That makes me afraid for Gief's crouch throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom