• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilletor

I mean, it doesn't matter to me much...it'll give stream monsters something to spam about during streams and keep them entertained.

But, to me, it's just a regular old air throw. Something you'd see in a 2D-inspired 3D game. Not the greatest...just "meh".

I'm just glad they didn't just reuse her old SF4 throws. They actually made something new, so I'm never going to discourage that.

It might just be "meh," but it's surrounded by best in class animation. It sticks out terribly. It looks awful compared to everything else in the game (including the great animations they gave Gief).

I'm glad it's new. It also looks terrible. It's possible to have both opinions.

Marvel

could never
qkC0KSc.jpg

Zombegoast, even if you had perfect lag free games, you'd still find some fault with it. So who you kidding? I said from what I've seen so far the netcode seems fine as I haven't seen any laggy matches.

Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it's not there.

One sided rollback is still in.

ElFly

a poor man's psycho crusher

KOF was really goofy in general now that I think about it lol

Where's that gif of that spinning football dude that I always forget the name of because he's in like three games.

the thing with Heidern's weird grab is that with sprites is p difficult to depict that kind of rotation. it should have been inclined at least so it is not on the same plane as the player's line of sight, but that'd be a ton of frames of animation

you'd think that in 3d it would look better, but alas, maybe it is an inherently bad idea

Mr. X

KOF was really goofy in general now that I think about it lol

Where's that gif of that spinning football dude that I always forget the name of because he's in like three games.

B. Battler?

Also, the thing with Cammy's air throw is that there's no momentum or velocity, it just stops mid air for a turn and a half. Like if it was only a half turn or it moved up and in the x direction Cammy was jumping in it would be fine. It's likely incomplete since there's a lot of care in the animations of this game so it really sticks out.

FluxWaveZ

twitter is telling me that

-Gief's counter indeed does not grab Dhalsim's sMK
-there's no EX version
-220 damage 250 stun JESUS CHRIST

https://twitter.com/the_yung_ben/status/846845884235104256

I am sure combofiend is really angry right now and doesn't know why

e: loses to Mika's drop kick

Interesting. So it is indeed a hitbox interaction counter. Wouldn't have expected it to lose to Mika's drop kick; maybe the character needs to be grounded.

Hopefully they can update it before patch launch.

- Cammy's throw
- The fucking BL error
- Getting people into matches

C'mon Capcom. You don't have much to correct and it's the first day of the beta. Get this shit done.

Oh yeah, you can select which stages you want on Random Select's roster now. That's neat.

Now
Fix
The
Player
Thumbs
Up

Interesting. So it is indeed a hitbox interaction counter. Wouldn't have expected it to lose to Mika's drop kick; maybe the character needs to be grounded.

I tested it against some guy in lounge, he just spammed it over and over and it only seemed to counter mid attacks, no lows and no airbornes.

Lol, Zhi and Sajam already making fun of the new Cammy air throw on stream at ELeague.

Over before it even started.

Are we really comparing the animation of Cammy throw to a 1994 game ? Holy shit must be bad.

No, I'm comparing it to what it would look life if it were replicated in a 2017 game. It would look like this.

Mr. X

It's pretty ambiguous wording. How I see it now, I can't imagine that they're making a visual check on how the kick looks. I think it's most likely "any medium or heavy kick button which hits mid gets countered." It'd be real interesting if they made it way more specific.

The MU is already bad for Mika, but now st.MK has become a dangerous poke for her to throw out. And jump-ins are also going to be worse because of his flying headbutt. This has undoubtedly become a really poor MU for Mika.

Mika can decide to not unleash a charged drop kick. But Gief's V-Skill was already wrecking it every time.

In 3s and SF4, Dudley's counter only worked on moves with a hitbox that connected with his upper body above his belt. It's totally possible the counter hitbox is just on his waist where it'll only work on horizontal kicks ie Urien and Ryu sMK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom